Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khan interview about stadium and future

(11-04-2019, 11:23 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 10:05 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Regency bad idea, too many poor folks.  Should build the new dome stadium to the east of the 9B highway by Nocatee.  Plenty of land there.   That's where all the rich folks live and can afford to blow their income on season tickets.

Yes, because all the big money resides in downtown Jacksonville.

House poor people live in Nocatee. Rich people live in Ponte Vedra (where you can smell water). Nocatee has this perception of being a great place, but in reality its a bunch of overpriced poorly built homes with 60 foot zero lot lines.

(11-04-2019, 11:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 11:40 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I really don't understand the interest in building a new city in a new location. Didn't Kahn and the city just spend 100 million dollars to upgrade it?  What about Daily's Place and the indoor training facility? Do those things just go away?  And what about Lot J?

My guess is that because Kahn is so interested in downtown development, he'd want to keep the stadium downtown.

If it stays downtown then it stays the same. Downtown is gone and it's not coming back, the City Council will see to that.

I don't believe that. Right now, there's a lot of older buildings downtown that are being converted to apartments/condos. The Laura Street Trio is a great example of this. There's also a lot of new development going on in Brooklyln.  To have a thriving downtown, with cafes, restaurants and other attractions, you need to need to get more people to live there. Despite the mercurial growth in DT, that is happenning.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 12:00 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

(11-04-2019, 11:04 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 10:58 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Yup, Jacksonville is pretty much a poor ghetto city.

Coming from the person with a 32277 zip code
Yup. And other ghetto zip codes include the following: 32211, west of Kernan 32225, Mayport Rd 32233,  32216, 32206, 32209 , 32208 ,32254, 32205, 32207, 32254, 32205, 32210, 32244, 32221, 32222, 32218, 32207, 32256, 32257, 32217

(11-04-2019, 11:40 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I really don't understand the interest in building a new city in a new location. Didn't Kahn and the city just spend 100 million dollars to upgrade it?  What about Daily's Place and the indoor training facility? Do those things just go away?  And what about Lot J?

My guess is that because Kahn is so interested in downtown development, he'd want to keep the stadium downtown.

Yeah it’s pretty much downtown or bust at this point. 

I don’t think a new stadium is necessary at this point but a larger overhaul is. Upgraded/updated/expanded restrooms and added concessions would greatly reduce the lines. Additional entry points (they just added a 5th gate but we should be closer to 8) A new shade/roof structure would do wonders for us who do go to the games. The KC game was brutal. And the saints game, even though it was supposedly in the mid 80’s, saw several people being attended to by medics for heat related illnesses. We’re getting to the point where it’s just not safe anymore to go to 1pm kickoffs. 

Miami was able to do it, I think it should be strongly considered here as well. I know it was included in one of the many drawings during a state of the franchise a few years back. You could even look to add an additional stadium sponsorship to help offset the costs.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(11-04-2019, 12:00 PM)knarnn Wrote:

Yeah it’s pretty much downtown or bust at this point. 

I don’t think a new stadium is necessary at this point but a larger overhaul is. Upgraded/updated/expanded restrooms and added concessions would greatly reduce the lines. Additional entry points (they just added a 5th gate but we should be closer to 8) A new shade/roof structure would do wonders for us who do go to the games. The KC game was brutal. And the saints game, even though it was supposedly in the mid 80’s, saw several people being attended to by medics for heat related illnesses. We’re getting to the point where it’s just not safe anymore to go to 1pm kickoffs. 

Miami was able to do it, I think it should be strongly considered here as well. I know it was included in one of the many drawings during a state of the franchise a few years back. You could even look to add an additional stadium sponsorship to help offset the costs.
Strongly agree. And I think the changes you suggest aren't frivilous, but necessary, particularly a roof.  That is, if you want to improve the fan experience. I wonder if this is something Lamping will bring up at the next State of The Jaguars meeting.

I would prefer to see a new, shaded facility ala Miami’s; however one that’s sized to this market.

Build it with temp add on seats available for the FL-GA game.

(11-04-2019, 11:50 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 11:04 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Coming from the person with a 32277 zip code
Yup. And other ghetto zip codes include the following: 32211, west of Kernan 32225, Mayport Rd 32233,  32216, 32206, 32209 , 32208 ,32254, 32205, 32207, 32254, 32205, 32210, 32244, 32221, 32222, 32218, 32207, 32256, 32257, 32217

Dang, I was just being sarcastic as the 32277 is pretty nice and peaceful in most places.  Now you have me afraid to go west of the intracoastal.

(11-04-2019, 11:50 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 11:04 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Coming from the person with a 32277 zip code

i think queens harbor is in 32225...... yeah million and up homes are pretty ghetto.

(11-04-2019, 06:41 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 11:50 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Yup. And other ghetto zip codes include the following: 32211, west of Kernan 32225, Mayport Rd 32233,  32216, 32206, 32209 , 32208 ,32254, 32205, 32207, 32254, 32205, 32210, 32244, 32221, 32222, 32218, 32207, 32256, 32257, 32217

i think queens harbor is in 32225...... yeah million and up homes are pretty ghetto.

Gates and wall keep out the riff raff.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If Shad spends $200 million putting shades over the stadium, that will satisfy exactly nobody. They will still complain about the 90-degree heat and 90% humidity.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 08:59 PM by SeldomRite.)

(11-04-2019, 07:49 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: If Shad spends $200 million putting shades over the stadium, that will satisfy exactly nobody.  They will still complain about the 90-degree heat and 90% humidity.

As well they should. Atlanta has built two domes since the 90s, and the saints have a dome. Houston and Dallas both have domes, too. Thanks to global warming September Jags games are terrible. A dome stadium is pretty much a must have for the next major construction stage. Also time to dump the Florida Georgia game. Build a domed stadium the right size, 55k seats with tons of luxury suites.

(11-04-2019, 07:49 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: If Shad spends $200 million putting shades over the stadium, that will satisfy exactly nobody.  They will still complain about the 90-degree heat and 90% humidity.

I don't know about that, I think I would be satisfied. The difference is pretty big when a cloud blocks the sun for a few minutes during those brutally hot games. But you are right, many will still complain.

(11-04-2019, 09:23 PM)Gettin\ Jaggy with it Wrote:

I don't know about that, I think I would be satisfied. The difference is pretty big when a cloud blocks the sun for a few minutes during those brutally hot games. But you are right, many will still complain.

I would prefer domed. However, if shade is all that could be accommodated, comfort would be greatly increased with the addition of gigantic fans under the shading structure to move stagnant air.

(11-04-2019, 07:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 06:41 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: i think queens harbor is in 32225...... yeah million and up homes are pretty ghetto.

Gates and wall keep out the riff raff.

Obviously. i mean you can't be to careful Because san pablo and hodges has been known to be over run with gang violence because of all those elementary schools. And that one super ghetto private school. You have got to watch those kids.

(11-04-2019, 09:35 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 07:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Gates and wall keep out the riff raff.

Obviously. i mean you can't be to careful Because san pablo and hodges has been known to be over run with gang violence because of all those elementary schools. And that one super ghetto private school. You have got to watch those kids.

You didn't even mention the Presbyterians.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I've been a Jags fan for 20+ years, but I've never stepped foot in or near Jacksonville.

Do people really care about football there or is it just a mehhh thing? I've lived in Chicago for almost 30 years so every single team we have, they basically have a sell out (besides White Sox). I know it's not fair to compare Chicago to Jacksonville, but I just don't see why it's so hard to fill seats.

What else do people there like doing? No other professional sport teams... just not a football crowd?

(11-04-2019, 11:26 PM)High Octane Wrote: I've been a Jags fan for 20+ years, but I've never stepped foot in or near Jacksonville.

Do people really care about football there or is it just a mehhh thing? I've lived in Chicago for almost 30 years so every single team we have, they basically have a sell out (besides White Sox). I know it's not fair to compare Chicago to Jacksonville, but I just don't see why it's so hard to fill seats.

What else do people there like doing? No other professional sport teams... just not a football crowd?

Yah Chicago is huge. I remember back in the 90s Jacksonville broke a million people and today it’s shrunk. It’s one of the few major cities to shrink in population over the last 20 years. 

When he team was first created people used to fill the stadium. By the early 2000s there were black out games...

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 12:03 AM by JagsorDie.)

(11-04-2019, 11:44 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 11:26 PM)High Octane Wrote: I've been a Jags fan for 20+ years, but I've never stepped foot in or near Jacksonville.

Yah Chicago is huge. I remember back in the 90s Jacksonville broke a million people and today it’s shrunk. It’s one of the few major cities to shrink in population over the last 20 years. 

When he team was first created people used to fill the stadium. By the early 2000s there were black out games...

Where did you pull that [BLEEP] out of? They were at 600k and some change when they got the team in 95 and now we are over 900k. You can toss [BLEEP] at a wall to fit a narrative but you may want to check the facts a little bit cause I don’t think that’s even close.

Also Chicago may be huge but that is a [BLEEP] hole of epic proportions. Absolute cesspool.

(11-04-2019, 11:58 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 11:44 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Yah Chicago is huge. I remember back in the 90s Jacksonville broke a million people and today it’s shrunk. It’s one of the few major cities to shrink in population over the last 20 years. 

Where did you pull that [BLEEP] out of? They were at 600k and some change when they got the team in 95 and now we are over 900k. You can toss [BLEEP] at a wall to fit a narrative but you may want to check the facts a little bit cause I don’t think that’s even close.

Also Chicago may be huge but that is a [BLEEP] hole of epic proportions. Absolute cesspool.

Woah bud.. cut back on the coffee or meth or whatever.

I may b mistaking Duvall county with metro, but I do recall it being a big deal on the news back in the 90s. I looked at stats recently and numbers looked low. Either way, the pop growth isn’t close to other cities in Florida. Look at the nightmare that is Tampa. 

From a living perspective you don’t want population growth too high...but you don’t want it declining either. 

From a football stadium filling perspective 9.5 million people in Chicago vs 1.5 in Jacksonville METRO.

Wow just wow.  Btw chicago can kiss where the sun dont shine.  This is a passionate football city.   Hell its our only pro team.  If this team would ever consistently play good ball it would be a sellout.  College football is also pretty friggin big here too, but im sure you didnt know that.  Please dont post when you dont have a friggin clue.  So mehhhh along.

Btw we have great fishing, surfing, any imaginable watersport, bikini watching, boating, golfing, so um yea there is a Lot of other crap to do.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 01:29 AM by Corriewf.)

(11-05-2019, 01:06 AM)surfon Wrote:

Wow just wow.  Btw chicago can kiss where the sun dont shine.  This is a passionate football city.   Hell its our only pro team.  If this team would ever consistently play good ball it would be a sellout.  College football is also pretty friggin big here too, but im sure you didnt know that.  Please dont post when you dont have a friggin clue.  So mehhhh along.

Btw we have great fishing, surfing, any imaginable watersport, bikini watching, boating, golfing, so um yea there is a Lot of other crap to do.

Clear this one up for me. You have a guy surrounded by other sports teams who lives far far away who is a jag fan and you’re going to attack him for asking about your city. Think about that. He’s literally telling you he doesn’t have a clue and is simply asking. You’re not doing you or your city a service to outsiders with that attitude. 

Welcome any fan you have. If it’s tough to be a jag fan living in Jax, imagine if you lived outside of it. Just saying....