Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pro Cop flag BANNED at Police Station

(11-04-2019, 07:48 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve got zero issue with the Thin Blue Line or the Thin red line.  No one had issue with the “old” F.O.P. Stickers or metal ones on the back of cars.  No one had issues with the Thin Blue Line stickers that have seemed to replace it.  The ONLY issue I can have with the flag is that they (whoever is responsible) changed our nations flag to the fire/law enforcement emblems.  How upset am I?  Idk.  It’s a pretty bad [BLEEP] flag to be honest.  But taking flag etiquette into the equation, I can see “Patriots” being upset about changing the flag.  I can not however, be upset about the message.  I know wearing the American Flag is poor etiquette.  Having said that, I’ll rock American Flag face shields at work.  So I can’t get too upset about that. I even asked my dad, a retired LEO and Veteran about it.  His thought was about the same as mine.  Not too sure about changing the flag but the meaning of it is innocent.  But to say that it is offensive, that’s just ignorant.
I have a similar sentiment. I don't really have a problem with other people modifying the flag in such a way, but as a veteran I would never display such a flag as it is disrespectful for me to do so. I am a veteran, and try to follow the standards set in the U.S. Code.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-04-2019, 12:01 PM)Jagwired Wrote: It is not even a flag. It is a wooden plaque built in the image of our flag and it was being displayed as a piece of artwork. If I take a damn picture of a flag is that picture now a flag?  It is not utilized as an American flag therefore commands none of the honors, responsibilities or demand of policy that surround a nations flag.

Actually, it is considered the flag per US Code Title 4, Chap 1, Sec 3 (which only applies to the District of Columbia):

The words “flag, standard, colors, or ensign”, as used herein, shall include any flag, standard, colors, ensign, or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, colors, standard, or ensign of the United States of America.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 10:19 PM by mikesez.)

We've had the phrase "thin blue line" for a while. There is also the phrase "blue wall of silence." That's been around for a while too. I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking of the second phrase when they see this flag for the first time.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Dear old Mikesez, professional contrarian and always on the wrong side of reality.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-05-2019, 12:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Dear old Mikesez, professional contrarian and always on the wrong side of reality.

Only for you, loverboy.
You don't see me contradicting rollerjag or hurricane or getting jaggy...

(11-05-2019, 09:26 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 12:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Dear old Mikesez, professional contrarian and always on the wrong side of reality.

Only for you, loverboy.
You don't see me contradicting rollerjag or hurricane or getting jaggy...

I guess you're right.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The irony is strong here.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-05-2019, 01:16 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

The irony is strong here.

I guess you're right too.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 02:01 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I'm against altering the US Flag in any manner.   That said,  here are a few if people want to pay respect to those who have been killed as a result of their race or sexual preference.  Also, flying certain flags from a public agency also comes with different restrictions than that of a private residence since certain public agencies are funded by taxpayer dollars. 

[Image: a22bd4e3e0c6c4392b61895289f2eba1.gif]

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRo1BZv8jTubiCOwRYB2...yOhLg6oIMw]

(11-05-2019, 05:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1191...36416?s=20

OMG --- way too funny.  Good to have some humor here on this Political Section.

(11-06-2019, 12:38 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 05:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1191...36416?s=20

OMG --- way too funny.  Good to have some humor here on this Political Section.

What do you mean? We get a few Mikesez posts to chuckle over every day!

(11-10-2019, 11:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 12:38 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: OMG --- way too funny.  Good to have some humor here on this Political Section.

What do you mean? We get a few Mikesez posts to chuckle over every day!

More like a migraine.

(11-10-2019, 08:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 11:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What do you mean? We get a few Mikesez posts to chuckle over every day!

More like a migraine.

Oof.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  Sorry.

(11-10-2019, 09:41 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 08:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: More like a migraine.

Oof.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  Sorry.

Don't worry, we're all on sumatriptan.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(11-05-2019, 01:56 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm against altering the US Flag in any manner.   That said,  here are a few if people want to pay respect to those who have been killed as a result of their race or sexual preference.  Also, flying certain flags from a public agency also comes with different restrictions than that of a private residence since certain public agencies are funded by taxpayer dollars. 

[Image: a22bd4e3e0c6c4392b61895289f2eba1.gif]

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRo1BZv8jTubiCOwRYB2...yOhLg6oIMw]

Those are cool, but the item in question here isn't a flag and isn't flown. It's a plaque displayed as art that honors the cops, not the country. If they put it on the flagpole in place of the flag then I would be opposed too.