Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We’re still not out of this thing yet

(11-03-2019, 08:39 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: We’re not making the playoffs man. Just enjoy having a competitive team again (even though we weren’t today) We’re an 8-8 team, middle of the pack. It is what it is.

A 9-7 team has a big chance of getting in this year. If we can win one game we’re not “supposed” to and add that to your 8 win prediction, we’re in

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

lets not forget jags have a loseing record againest backup qbs.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

No we are not out of it, but we have zero room for error now. If we go 2-0 for our next 2 I think we can make a WC run, buying we lose even 1 of those we wont. Bills have all but locked up the 5th seed and will likely finish 11-5 or 10-6 at worst.

We will be fighting with Indy or Hou for the last WC so if we can sweep Indy and Ten that would be huge.

Put Nick him and let him do what he does. This is where he has been great in the past.
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

I would taper expectations folks. The odds of making the playoffs is very unlikely and if we do, we will be knocked out the first round. I’m not advocating tanking, but this team isn’t a Super Bowl team... not this year. I wouldn’t set expectations higher than just enjoying some entertaining football every Sunday...this season at least.

I will take a 8-8 team with a higher draft pick and promise for next year.

foles is a hhighly overrated qb. he only won a Super Bowlin philey cause of the O-line he had plust the top defense,and go to wr as well as TES. Jags don't have any of that. lets not forget the superstar rb to eagles had with jay ajai. foles=overrated qb.

Jags aren't a playoff caliber team.  But at least the team is competitive this year and will probably finish between 7-9 and 9-7.  This next offseason will be a lot of salary dumping, but with four 1st round picks in the next two drafts, this team could be on an upward trajectory

Ok Lloyd.

Just need to win almost all if not all of the games to be considered a wild card!
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(11-03-2019, 06:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I just took a look at the AFC South standings and here’s where we are

Texans 6-3
Colts 5-3
Jags 4-5
Titans 4-5

We’re gonna need some help but 9-7 is not out of reach. We need to get on a roll and we need a little help.

If we rip off the next 4 who knows. The Mania will be in full effect.

I am glad you posted this.

Barring a complete collapse by the Texans, I don't think we catch them.

Minimally, we will have to gain three games on them within the last seven because they swept us.

I think our race primarily may be with the Colts.  We still have two games left against them.  If we can manage to sweep the Colts, and take care of business everywhere else, we'll finish 2nd and be in decent shape for a wild card. 

As it stands now, Buffalo has the first Wild Card, and they are at 6-2.

The Colts would have the 2nd Wild Card at 5-2.

But then after that, there are a bunch of teams around the AFC sitting at 4 wins, and we are right there with them.

https://www.nfl.com/standings

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-03-2019, 06:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Whole thing hinges on how we play the colts this year IMO.

There are four winnable games left even with our issues because we'll face non-mobile QBs that our pass rush can force into errors.

Brissett I don't feel as certain about and he's getting good protection so if we split that matchup 1-1 then maybe 9-7 is possible.  Seems a tall order after watching our defense get gashed today.

Here is our remaining schedule after the bye

@ Indy (5-3)
@ Tennessee (4-5) and we beat them earlier
Tampa  (2-6)
LA Chargers (4-5)
@ Oakland (4-4)
@ Atlanta  (1-7)
Indy (5-3)

What four games do you see as winnable?  Which games are not?

Maybe this is the homer in me talking, but to me all of those games are winnable.

Does that mean  we will win all of the winnable games?  No.  I see no locks on our remaining schedule.

But I also see no games on the schedule I completely write off as losses, either.  I have questions about some games.

Indy seems solid and we seem less equipped to beat able to beat them than we were in the past, but overall I still think we match up decently against them.

Tennessee always gives us fits.

The Chargers pose matchup problems with us along the defensive line and against our secondary.

Tampa is capable of putting up 50 a game-either against us or for us.

We go to the Raiders to play the last game ever in Oakland.

If Atlanta hasn't completely tanked/thrown in the towel, and if Ryan and Jones are available, they could pose some problems.

In this bunch, I fear the Chargers most, then Indy then Tennessee. then the Raiders.

In terms of importance, the upcoming Indy game is most important.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

[Image: ex0rqf4.jpg]
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(11-04-2019, 04:09 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Whole thing hinges on how we play the colts this year IMO.

There are four winnable games left even with our issues because we'll face non-mobile QBs that our pass rush can force into errors.

Brissett I don't feel as certain about and he's getting good protection so if we split that matchup 1-1 then maybe 9-7 is possible.  Seems a tall order after watching our defense get gashed today.

@ Indy (5-3)
Tampa  (2-6)
LA Chargers (4-5)
@ Oakland (4-4)
@ Atlanta  (1-7)
Indy (5-3)

Maybe this is the homer in me talking, but to me all of those games are winnable.

Does that mean  we will win all of the winnable games?  No.  I see no locks on our remaining schedule.

But I also see no games on the schedule I completely write off as losses, either.  I have questions about some games.

Indy seems solid and we seem less equipped to beat able to beat them than we were in the past, but overall I still think we match up decently against them.

The Chargers pose matchup problems with us along the defensive line and against our secondary.

If Atlanta hasn't completely tanked/thrown in the towel, and if Ryan and Jones are available, they could pose some problems.

In this bunch, I fear the Chargers most, then Indy then Tennessee. then the Raiders.

it depends on who our starting qb is. if foles is we will be lucky to win 1 game with a highly overrated qb,and offenssive line that can't protect him. minshew can at least run for his life.  our lone win with foles would probbley be againest the chargers. Jags keep minshew in we still lose to colts,and tittians cause jags can't win more then they lose in own division. hen we beat the chargers,lose to oakland cause its thier last game in oakland,but beat the falcons,and then lose to colts gain cause jags lose more in own division then they win. overall jags have a better chance to win games with minshew then they do with overrated foles.

@ Indy (5-3)
Tampa  (2-6)
LA Chargers (4-5)
@ Oakland (4-4)
@ Atlanta  (1-7)
Indy (5-3)

I'd love for us to go on a run but I just see too many problems on this team and we've not put 3 wins together since 2017. I hope I'm wrong. My main hope, dont give it up, dont tank. Marrone has 7 games to prove he deserves this job.

4 road games, 2 straight out the bye. Division games. Big test and chance to come out swinging.

They are all winnable but I'm sure we will end up around .500 this year. We need more work then the CBA would allow to get things done. I'm going to watch game by game and enjoy as much as I can.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

@ Indy (5-3)
Tampa  (2-6)
LA Chargers (4-5)
@ Oakland (4-4)
@ Atlanta  (1-7)
Indy (5-3)

I would have said tacks, bucs, bolts and falcons when I first posted this.

Now I'm not as certain about the bolts.  Raiders could go either way (we always struggle out west) and now that the colts are on QB3 - maybe we split that series. 

I'm still thinking 5 wins would be the absolute pinnacle here given a QB change likely incoming, a yet to bloom TE situation and the obvious LB/DT struggles vs the run.  Three or four seem more likely to me, but I'm just losing a lot of faith in our defense right now so my opinion is a bit darker than my usual outlook.

We only have 1 game left where Mike Clay's latest projections have us above 50% chance of winning.

To have an above average chance we’d have to win out in the division and steal a game or two against one of the Cali teams.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

If we beat Indy, then we have a cup cake schedule the rest of the way.

Falcons
Bucs
Raiders
Titans with Tannehill
Indy without Brissett (2x)

FWIW Brissett’s injury doesn’t sound very serious:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...this-week/
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(11-03-2019, 06:32 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Who else is going to compete for the second wild card (Bills are almost guaranteed to get the 5th seed). We have a chance and Foles has a history of playing well when the teams back is against the wall. We can do this but it’s slim odds

It's going to be very tough from here. We would have to win out probably. But we need some consistency. At the moment we are consistently inconsistent.

L-L-W-W-L-L-W-W-L

Tack on another L followed by two W’s and I’d argue that we are extremely consistent.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan