Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mid season team needs

How would you rank them?

1. TE
2. LB
3. NT
4. RG
5. ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1.-HC (along with a new DC obviously)
2.-GM
3.--OG (L and R)
4.-TE
5.-MLB (Jack is mediocre at best at MLB)

LB (will and sam currently)
NT
TE

The LB thing is tough because not only are they on to backups outside, the mike just signed a deal and is playing well below the figure. Very frustrating. Compound that with the NT issue and the run defense is in shambles against better teams. They get fooled by pre snap motion so easy it's laughable.

Unfortunately it's all going to be stuff they have to fix in the offseason. Not much that can be done right now.

One tiny silver lining on this topic is that I think they may have found a decent #3 TE in DeValve. He's doing well as a blocker and "OK for a blocking end" when he's asked to catch it.

Oliver will have to show up eventually and they'll need that steady Y, in-line tight end that Swaim was meant to be.

LB- pitiful play from all 3 spots. Jack is not a MLB.
OL- interior needs a complete overhaul, OTs still very young so get a temporary pass.
TE- no impact from this spot. Jury is out thus far on Oliver.

Wait, I thought we were trading a first rounder for Dunbar?

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 11:24 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

If we are going by years of needing replacements then....

1. OL
2. TE
3. LB
4. DC ( Wash has been here wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long)
5. DT

1 and 2 can be switched if we are talking pass catching TE. Lewis was a hell of a blocker but not a receiving threat.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

LB, OL, DT, TE, CB.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 12:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-04-2019, 11:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wait, I thought we were trading a first rounder for Dunbar?

Did you already forget the last convo we had about this?  It would cost more than just our first for Dunbar and the Redskins aren't going to trade one of the best corners in the league. Hes not a cancer for his team

How does everyone feel about Cam Robinson? He seems to draw a lot of penalties.

(11-04-2019, 12:24 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: How does everyone feel about Cam Robinson? He seems to draw a lot of penalties.

I think that when the f.o. and staff look at his tape in January they will be really analyzing his "improved"  footwork to determine whether they are taking a tackle in the next draft. 

The penalties are a concern, but could actually potentially stem from the footwork.  I'm not certain about that correlation but Upper pointed it out months ago and it makes some sense to me.

(11-04-2019, 12:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 11:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wait, I thought we were trading a first rounder for Dunbar?

Did you already forget the last convo we had about this?  It would cost more than just our first for Dunbar and the Redskins aren't going to trade one of the best corners in the league.  Hes not a cancer for his team

So you think a CB is worth more than a 1st and maybe a 2nd the following year? Is he better than Jalen for 2 first.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

I would say right now our biggest need is TE, followed by LB and nose tackle. Teams cover our WRs, and we have no place to go with the ball. I never thought I would say this, but losing O'Shaughnessy was a real blow to this offense, because Minshew lost his security blanket.

And as for our defense, it seems like they lack a little sand in their pants. We were tackling the RB yesterday, and he was surging forward for lots of yards after contact again and again. The difference in tackling between the two teams was very noticeable. So I think we need some decent run stoppers on the DL and at LB.

LB definitely #1. Was worried about our depth preseason, Goode was awful in pass coverage yesterday. I know we like fast, undersized guys but could do with a bruiser or two.

CB- upgrades needed in summer. Not an overhaul but improvements.

OL- depth and PLEASE A RG

DL- Again more depth wise but Taven and Abry haven't been awful.

RB- Fournette has played well but it's just him. 1 rush TD all year, someone who can change the pace or do something different. If he goes down...

And a new DC and maybe HC. Time to prove yourself Marrone.

Head Coach

Head coach with football smarts

Head coach with  imaginenation

Head coach that knows how to win division games more then loseing them.

Head coach with fire like minshew has.

Head coach that yells at players for messing up when they do,but encorges them after hes done yelling at them. 

al around jags have talent,they just need a real Head coach.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Jake Ryan playing this year?

all of you will see why john grudden would've been a great head coach for the jags when we play oakland.

I’m all for keeping the coach who got us to the AFC championship with Bortles after a 3-13 season. 

We’ve dealt with tooo many ridiculous things on our D. Telvin, Ramsey, our entire LB Corp injured, new Safteys, starting CB is an UDF. Not to mention our O. New QB, horrible Oline play to start the season. 

We need:

#1 LB
#2 OG
#3 TE
#4 S
#5 LB

(11-04-2019, 01:28 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I’m all for keeping the coach who got us to the AFC championship with Bortles after a 3-13 season. 

We’ve dealt with tooo many ridiculous things on our D. Telvin, Ramsey, our entire LB Corp injured, new Safteys, starting CB is an UDF. Not to mention our O. New QB, horrible Oline play to start the season. 

We need:

#1 LB
#2 OG
#3 TE
#4 S
#5 LB
Ah yes. The fluke 2017 season (even though it was awesome) but ignoring all the other seasons. If Foles comes in and saves the day, then maybe they run it back with some improved Oline play. But if they end up 6-10, how can you justify bringing him back?

anyone who thinks foles will make jags a better team is liveing in a dream world.  its not the qb,nor players talent. its all the head coach. I i will say this one time,and not menttion it anymore. 

I told you all from the start doug isn't the HC for jags,and i was right. he has a loseing record.

(11-04-2019, 01:28 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I’m all for keeping the coach who got us to the AFC championship with Bortles after a 3-13 season. 

We need:

#1 LB
#2 OG
#3 TE
#4 S
#5 LB

We were extremely lucky that year.

I just haven't seen anything from Marrone that shows me he's "the guy".  His laurels stem from doing better than the all-time dunce that preceded him.

Maintaining discipline/motivation and gameday coaching (esp. halftime adjustments & situational calls) are his biggest weaknesses.  As for his strengths, I can't pinpoint a single one.

Including our 2017 playoff appearance, as our HC he's 21-23.  Not bad, but it's still a losing record and nothing to write home about.

The issues/excuses that you pointed out happen to every team in the league.  And as for our horrible Oline play, remember that Marrone's background/specialty was the OL.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan