Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
London Chargers?

Rumors are heating up. What will Shad do if Roger gives Spanos and his failed franchise the fast track to London?

Things are about to get hairy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I guess you are talking about this?
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...to-london/

Having to pay to get out of a 20 year lease would be hard. Article also says it could be used to force Khan to mame a decision and with his recent statement, who knows.

It would force realignment if they move.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Interesting if it comes to forcing Khans hand. Things aren't "that bad" yet to where he wouldn't look like an absolute villain for moving the team right now. I would think someone smart enough to own a franchise would question the validity of a full time franchise in the UK.

(11-05-2019, 01:26 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Interesting if it comes to forcing Khans hand. Things aren't "that bad" yet to where he wouldn't look like an absolute villain for moving the team right now. I would think someone smart enough to own a franchise would question the validity of a full time franchise in the UK.
80,000 looks great, doesn't matter that it's made up of fans from the US and then fans from whatever teams in the UK that just want to watch a NFL game. It's all about money and the NFL only cares about making money.

It would be hilarious if LA already loses a team before the stadium is even built.

(11-05-2019, 01:38 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 01:26 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Interesting if it comes to forcing Khans hand. Things aren't "that bad" yet to where he wouldn't look like an absolute villain for moving the team right now. I would think someone smart enough to own a franchise would question the validity of a full time franchise in the UK.
80,000 looks great, doesn't matter that it's made up of fans from the US and then fans from whatever teams in the UK that just want to watch a NFL game. It's all about money and the NFL only cares about making money.

It would be hilarious if LA already loses a team before the stadium is even built.

It would be fitting. They sent the wrong team to LA.  The Rams coming back at least made sense. The Chargers never did. I don't know why the nfl is so arrogant as to think it can place a second team with no LA connections into LA and it would do well.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

How would this work, logistically? Will the NFL force players to move their families overseas? I can't picture Phillip Rivers moving his wife and 57 kids to England. He didn't even want to go to L.A.

flavor of the week rumor

nothing more IMO

I just don't see how placing one NFL team in the UK would be logistically plausible.

Then again, it's the NFL. It doesn't have to make sense.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Personally, I don't quite understand the struggle in LA for the Chargers. They will eventually be playing in the same stadium as the Rams, so its no different than the Jets/Giants. In a few years when the Rams are in salary cap hell, the Chargers will probably be the better team anyway.

If they do move to London the Texans might move to AFC west

Chargers to London is gaining steam. Good thing Spanos beat Khan to the money prize. Jaguars can squash the moving talk, stuck in Duval County for a very long time.

Didn't Stan Kroenke beat Shad Khan out for the Rams initially in St. Louis? How ironic would it be if the Chargers move to London with Kroenke being the main catalyst?

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 01:46 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Check out the fans within this Chargers Home Game.

[Image: EIenH88VUAAsr9W.jpg]

[Image: EIenH-kU0AAgIsL.jpg]

(11-05-2019, 12:58 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Chargers to London is gaining steam. Good thing Spanos beat Khan to the money prize.  Jaguars can squash the moving talk, stuck in Duval County for a very long time.

LA Jaguars, debuting September 2023.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-05-2019, 01:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Check out the fans within this Chargers Home Game.

Damn..... what a great fan base... traveling all the way to LA to see their team get worked

(11-05-2019, 01:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Check out the fans within this Chargers Home Game.

When you are the Chargers, every game is an away game.

(11-05-2019, 11:05 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Personally, I don't quite understand the struggle in LA for the Chargers. They will eventually be playing in the same stadium as the Rams, so its no different than the Jets/Giants. In a few years when the Rams are in salary cap hell, the Chargers will probably be the better team anyway.

My cousin is a lifelong San Diego resident and Chargers fan, so I asked him to explain why the Chargers were a team without a home field advantage (50% plus of the fans attending are typically non-Chargers fans).  The historic fan base is located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties and in Tijuana, Mexico.  And the stadium is in Carson (further North near Long Beach) so traveling to games would be a lot like driving to east Orlando (115 Mi) for Jaguar games.  L.A. had trouble supporting two teams back in the 80's when they had the Raiders and Rams.  And a lot of Chargers fans (my cousin included) are still bitter about the way the whole move was handled.  Unlike many cities who lose their team or are threatened to have their team relocated, San Diego supported the Chargers with well-above average attendance, at least according to him.  Apparently, the Spanos family wanted out of San Diego for whatever reason, and took their chance when they got it.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-05-2019, 05:27 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 11:05 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Personally, I don't quite understand the struggle in LA for the Chargers. They will eventually be playing in the same stadium as the Rams, so its no different than the Jets/Giants. In a few years when the Rams are in salary cap hell, the Chargers will probably be the better team anyway.

My cousin is a lifelong San Diego resident and Chargers fan, so I asked him to explain why the Chargers were a team without a home field advantage (50% plus of the fans attending are typically non-Chargers fans).  The historic fan base is located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties and in Tijuana, Mexico.  And the stadium is in Carson (further North near Long Beach) so traveling to games would be a lot like driving to east Orlando (115 Mi) for Jaguar games.  L.A. had trouble supporting two teams back in the 80's when they had the Raiders and Rams.  And a lot of Chargers fans (my cousin included) are still bitter about the way the whole move was handled.  Unlike many cities who lose their team or are threatened to have their team relocated, San Diego supported the Chargers with well-above average attendance, at least according to him.  Apparently, the Spanos family wanted out of San Diego for whatever reason, and took their chance when they got it.

NJS in da house!!!!!

28 London games and counting and not one matchup of winning teams. I highly doubt they'll support a team.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.