Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles To Start Jaguars Game @ Colts On Nov. 17

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 11:30 AM by Kane.)

(11-13-2019, 04:03 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 03:45 PM)Kane Wrote: Sure, but then they harp on stuff way too much, won't ever let go of their ego and when they are wrong rarely, if ever, admit it.

Ryan Day most recently had a meltdown posting about 8 anti-Foles/pro Minshew articles in a single day.
And Alfie is well known for his.... schtick.

Name a site that does the opposite on a regular or even semi-regular basis.

You mean like a professional site?
Like ESPN or NFL.com?

I get that a blog site isn't quite the same but geez, even PFT isn't like BCC in that way.
They have their biases, like MDS pretty much hates the Jags for no good reason. But BCC is one of the least professional SBNation team blog sites.

ESPN has had some bad takes before but has never put out a "If you think Foles is better than Minshew you're an idiot" articles.
And then followed it with "Oh my god, they are stupid and completely ruining Minshew"

(11-13-2019, 04:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If Foles is so good then why was he a backup after a 27 and 3 season

Uh... when you take a dude top 5, you have to play him.
And when you pay him big money (128 milly) you have to play him

Sometimes your front office handicaps your coach staff. Sometimes it's a "good problem" to have. Sometimes it's tougher to swallow.

Sound familiar or nah?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-14-2019, 11:27 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 04:03 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Name a site that does the opposite on a regular or even semi-regular basis.

Like ESPN or NFL.com?

I get that a blog site isn't quite the same but geez, even PFT isn't like BCC in that way.
They have their biases, like MDS pretty much hates the Jags for no good reason. But BCC is one of the least professional SBNation team blog sites.

ESPN has had some bad takes before but has never put out a "If you think Foles is better than Minshew you're an idiot" articles.
And then followed it with "Oh my god, they are stupid and completely ruining Minshew"

(11-13-2019, 04:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If Foles is so good then why was he a backup after a 27 and 3 season

Sometimes your front office handicaps your coach staff. Sometimes it's a "good problem" to have. Sometimes it's tougher to swallow.

Sound familiar or nah?
Exhibit B. 2019 Jacksonville Jaguars.

Three reasons:
1) Money
2) Money
3) Money

Jags 24Colts 20

(11-09-2019, 01:50 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 12:21 PM)Upper Wrote: Cousins has been considerably above average for 4 out of his 5 starting seasons, and Foles has been slightly below average at baseline albeit with great peaks and valleys. Just look at their PFR advanced passing pages and see how littered Cousins page is with 110+s  and how Foles' is well...not.

They are not in the same QB tier.

Actually, nothing worse than a guy who uses sample sizes of games in the single digits to try to write a narrative.

Ya, just pretend the last two years didn't happen and pretend he didn't have to play for Fisher... Good grief, the ignorance some people project is astounding. I cannot wait for Foles to shut the mouths of the idiots that post on this board.  LOL, I can see it now, Foles takes the Jags deep into the playoffs and we will still have to hear from the [mod edit] clamoring for GM15 to start over him.
YIIIIIIIIIKEEEESSSSSS

(12-02-2019, 01:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 01:50 PM)Ronster Wrote: Ya, just pretend the last two years didn't happen and pretend he didn't have to play for Fisher... Good grief, the ignorance some people project is astounding. I cannot wait for Foles to shut the mouths of the idiots that post on this board.  LOL, I can see it now, Foles takes the Jags deep into the playoffs and we will still have to hear from the [mod edit] clamoring for GM15 to start over him.
YIIIIIIIIIKEEEESSSSSS

He's never going to show up.

(12-02-2019, 01:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 01:50 PM)Ronster Wrote: Ya, just pretend the last two years didn't happen and pretend he didn't have to play for Fisher... Good grief, the ignorance some people project is astounding. I cannot wait for Foles to shut the mouths of the idiots that post on this board.  LOL, I can see it now, Foles takes the Jags deep into the playoffs and we will still have to hear from the [mod edit] clamoring for GM15 to start over him.
YIIIIIIIIIKEEEESSSSSS

He was merely teaching Minshew what not to do in a game. 

Honestly.

[Image: 319073031_a5043c89be.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Anyone else have a mini stroke when they saw this thread recycled this morning?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(12-02-2019, 01:32 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Anyone else have a mini stroke when they saw this thread recycled this morning?

I re-checked the date twice to be sure.

(11-06-2019, 07:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I find it odd how invested folks are in this QB decision. What impact will it really have? 

Given the state of our roster right now and the performances the entire team has turned in, neither of these QBs is good enough to overcome the overall deficiencies.

Backdooring our way into the playoffs would be a minor miracle with either guy and actually winning a postseason game would be nothing short of divine intervention.

Welp. I still feel the same as I did in this post from three weeks ago.  ^ 

Definitely thought Foles would play WAYYY better than he did though. 
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(12-02-2019, 01:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [Image: 319073031_a5043c89be.jpg]
It's got a lot of really good gems in it.

(12-02-2019, 01:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 01:32 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Anyone else have a mini stroke when they saw this thread recycled this morning?

I re-checked the date twice to be sure.

(11-06-2019, 07:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I find it odd how invested folks are in this QB decision. What impact will it really have? 

Given the state of our roster right now and the performances the entire team has turned in, neither of these QBs is good enough to overcome the overall deficiencies.

Backdooring our way into the playoffs would be a minor miracle with either guy and actually winning a postseason game would be nothing short of divine intervention.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Except for the London game the Minshew games were exciting, and that is good enough for me this year. These last 3 weeks have been torturous affairs that barely resemble professional football.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-02-2019, 01:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 01:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I re-checked the date twice to be sure.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Except for the London game the Minshew games were exciting, and that is good enough for me this year. These last 3 weeks have been torturous affairs that barely resemble professional football.
Yesterday hurt. Foles gifted them 22 points off turnovers.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 01:55 PM by RicoTx.)

I didn't want them to sign Foles when it was first mentioned and was disappointed that they signed him.

That said, I didn't think he would suck this bad.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-14-2019, 11:27 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 04:03 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Name a site that does the opposite on a regular or even semi-regular basis.

Like ESPN or NFL.com?

Sound familiar or nah?

I see what you are saying.  I don't really follow sites as i feel they are all stuck in their ways when it comes to certain players and/or teams
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.