Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles To Start Jaguars Game @ Colts On Nov. 17

I don't give a fart who takes the snaps, as long as we win. This may be the decision that sinks Dougie, though.

For his sake, I hope he made the right choice.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-05-2019, 03:14 PM)Last42min Wrote: I have no problem with the decision. Is there any reason he had to announce it this early, though? Wouldn't it be better to stay quiet so Indy didn't know who was going to start?

Better to get the decision done than have all the speculation for two weeks.

Double fisted with pitchforks in jorts, rocking a head band. The only thing missing is a Wisconsin Waterfall
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Probably should have traded Minshew to the Bears for Khalil Mack and their 1st round draft pick before he sucked up London on Sunday.

Remember when we drafted Bortles ahead of K. Mack

(11-05-2019, 03:14 PM)Last42min Wrote: I have no problem with the decision. Is there any reason he had to announce it this early, though? Wouldn't it be better to stay quiet so Indy didn't know who was going to start?

Because the decision had been made and he wanted to:

a. begin to gameplan and notify the two players in question
b. notify the team and move forward with a plan cohesively
c. didn't want the media hearing it from anyone but him

Well that's officially the QB controversy started.

I don't see this lasting long for Foles.

1. He can gameplan and inform the respective players without notifying the media.
2. The team can know the plan without it being released to the public.
3. Even if it's leaked, the Colts couldn't be certain.

Seems like a wasted opportunity. You could say it would be a distraction, but I think the reward is greater than the risk.

(11-05-2019, 04:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Because the decision had been made and he wanted to:

a. begin to gameplan and notify the two players in question
b. notify the team and move forward with a plan cohesively
c. didn't want the media hearing it from anyone but him

If he ever gameplanned we would be winning more games. lol

(11-05-2019, 05:01 PM)Last42min Wrote: 1. He can gameplan and inform the respective players without notifying the media.

Seems like a wasted opportunity. You could say it would be a distraction, but I think the reward is greater than the risk.

There's already a good blueprint out there to defend Minshew effectively.  Colts have a pretty good defense to replicate it with. 

There isn't one yet for Foles running DeFilippo's playbook. 
They have literally 11 plays of Nick Foles in this offense to analyze.
 They are likely to see some quick hit stuff from Foles that we have not been running with Minshew and they don't have tape to analyze to prep for it. 

I think the Jags still have a bit of an advantage here in terms of prep and gameplanning, because Indy will be guessing at a fair amount of it.

(11-05-2019, 05:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 05:01 PM)Last42min Wrote: 1. He can gameplan and inform the respective players without notifying the media.

There's already a good blueprint out there to defend Minshew effectively.  Colts have a pretty good defense to do replicate it with. 

They are likely to see some quick hit stuff from Foles that we have not been running with Minshew and they don't have tape to analyze to prep for it. 

I think the Jags still have a bit of an advantage here in terms of prep and gameplanning, because Indy will be guessing at a fair amount of it.

To add on, the colts wont be gameplanning for the Jags until next Monday anyways, so not really a competitive issue.

[Image: a55ff811e903e66632df724d395ef4f86538c0c0...18eaa4.jpg]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(11-05-2019, 05:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

There's already a good blueprint out there to defend Minshew effectively.  Colts have a pretty good defense to  replicate it with. 

I don't mean this as an attack on you.  From preseason to now midseason, what creativity have you seen that makes you think we were holding back.  This offense looks basically preseason-esque.  Unless they have been handcuffin the playbook due to Minshew, i highly doubt any surprises are coming outside of Foles showing me he can scramble.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

And just like that...….

We are the same team we were week 1 and the same team we were last week. Still have the same deficits and issues. Problem isn't the QB. Foles will play well enough but I'll be shocked to see them open up the game plan. This team makes vanilla seem like siracha.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-05-2019, 06:16 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 05:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: There's already a good blueprint out there to defend Minshew effectively.  Colts have a pretty good defense to  replicate it with. 

I don't mean this as an attack on you.  From preseason to now midseason, what creativity have you seen that makes you think we were holding back.  This offense looks basically preseason-esque.  Unless they have been handcuffin the playbook due to Minshew, i highly doubt any surprises are coming outside of Foles showing me he can scramble.
 You've misunderstood my post completely.

It's not about holding back.  Or creativity.  Or scrambling.  

It's about a playbook that was designed for Nick Foles being used with Nick Foles running it instead of a sixth round rookie that it did not suit as well.

Nick Foles does nothing exciting... so... be ready for the most vanilla basic play calling there is.

I'm not saying he's bad... but he's not exciting.

Drop back, pass for 7... drop back, get destroyed... drop back, get destroyed, 14 yard pass.

The dude just does not possess the body mass to withstand the punishment. They Better have The Shew sitting on go.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

If you have to resort to "tricking" or "hiding" your starting players from future opponents, you probably aren't that good.

Also, anyone with any sort of clue probably saw this coming... especially after this past Sunday's performance.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-05-2019, 07:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

If you have to resort to "tricking" or "hiding" your starting players from future opponents, you probably aren't that good.

Also, anyone with any sort of clue probably saw this coming... especially after this past Sunday's performance.

Nick Foles has had plenty of worse performances while not a rookie...

I hope he does well.. but I really doubt he will.

(11-05-2019, 02:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 02:59 PM)JackCity Wrote: The Chiefs have a winning record

Let me know the combined record of the teams Minshew has beat.

I'll help ya. 8-26.

I agree. Minshew mania is delusional. His stats have steadily declined as opposing teams get film on him. No one on the planet prepared for him, and the only reference was that weird offense Leach runs in college. Now that DCs are starting to understand his tendencies, he'll have a lot less success going forward. Meanwhile, the Jags have a proven SB MVP on their roster who took over a team last year with a losing record (just like the Jags with Minshew at QB) and took them to the playoffs and won a game. It's puzzling to me that this is even a discussion. Foles is not like Dalton or Flacco or those other retreads. He's 30 and entering the prime of his career as a QB. He has at least 5 productive years left in him.

(11-05-2019, 07:32 PM)billwade Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 02:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Let me know the combined record of the teams Minshew has beat.

I'll help ya. 8-26.

I agree. Minshew mania is delusional. His stats have steadily declined as opposing teams get film on him. No one on the planet prepared for him, and the only reference was that weird offense Leach runs in college. Now that DCs are starting to understand his tendencies, he'll have a lot less success going forward. Meanwhile, the Jags have a proven SB MVP on their roster who took over a team last year with a losing record (just like the Jags with Minshew at QB) and took them to the playoffs and won a game. It's puzzling to me that this is even a discussion. Foles is not like Dalton or Flacco or those other retreads. He's 30 and entering the prime of his career as a QB. He has at least 5 productive years left in him.

Foles is worse than all those guys.