Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South Week 10

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2019, 09:46 AM by Bullseye. Edit Reason: Kodiak's correction )

Our beloved Jaguars have reached the bye week after a disappointing outing in London against division rival Texans.  However, just because the team is off this week doesn't mean there is no news to report.  Nick Foles, who was the team's prized free agent signing this offseason, makes his return from a week one broken collarbone injury that landed him on IR.Jaguars coach Doug Marrone announced Foles would be the starter in week 11 against Indy.  The announcement was met with some murmurs from fans who have grown to love Gardner Minshew, who has played quite well, exceeding all reasonable expectations for a rookie 6th round pick and outperforming many veteran QBs.  The Colts lost on the road to the Steelers on a missed FG by Adam Vinatieri.  He is a hall of fame worthy kicker who has been incredibly clutch over the years, but he has struggled this year.  But the Colts have stuck by him despite the key misses.  Meanwhile, the tacks are coming off a loss in Carolina, where Christian mcCaffrey laid waste to another AFC South team.

As for my picks, I had a second respectable week in a row, finishing 2-1 missing on the Colts.  However, I still have at least two more weeks of respectable or better prognostication to go before breaking even.  Sigh.

With that said, here are my picks...

Chiefs (6-3)  at tacks (4-5)-Both teams are using their season starting backups.  There are differences.  The Chiefs had to play Matt Moore due to an injury to Mahomes.  The tacks benched Mariota.  But the Chiefs are still effective, in part because Moore is an experienced and decent backup, but mostly due to coach Andy Reid.  Ultimately, that's the difference in this game.  Chiefs 28  tacks 24.

Dolphins (1-7) at [b]Colts (5-3)[/b]-The Dolphins finally got their first win, but are still a major threat to end up with the first pick in the draft without having to use their truckload of draft picks to move up.  The Colts are still a threat to win the AFC South, though they still have a long way to go.  They get closer here.  Colts 27 Dolphins 13.

Last week:  2-1
Overall:  13-17

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll go chiefs and colts, too. Not much to say the matchups just seem a bit one-sided.

2-1 last week, 17-13 overall.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2019, 04:34 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Fins and chiefs, it looks like mahomes will play.
Record 14-14

I cannot pick the Colts if Hoyer is starting.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

2-1 Last week
19-11 overall
Cheifs over Tennessee
Colts Over Dolphins
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

chefs
colts

15-15 going in

3-0 last week
18-12 overall

This week's picks
Chefs
clots

overall 14-16

Easy pickums this week
Chiefs over tacks
clots over 'phins
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

16-14 on the year, and the apathy is setting in quite strong.

KC 47, Ten 3 - eat a butt, tacks. Eat all the butts. Based on me not being able to have things that make me smile, Ten probably wins by 14

Ind 3, Mia 0 - LACES OUT!!! Viniatieri opts to drop-kick the field goal rather than risking another blunder by the holder.

17-13 overall jags lose on thier bye week cause everyone in thier division wins whos playing.

colts over dolphins,no way dolphins win this game.

tittans beat the chiefs

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(Bullseye:  not that it matters much but it's Dolphins @ Colts, not Colts @ Dolphins)

Indy should win their game by at least 2 touchdowns.  That's all that needs to be said about that game.

It's the KC-TEN game that is more interesting...

KC will not look past the Titans, because they understand that every game from here on out is a potential loss.  Oakland just won and improved to 5-4.  If KC loses to TEN, their stranglehold on the division disappears and they will be forced to work hard just to make the playoffs.  They'll play the Chargers twice, Oakland once, and will have to travel to do battle in Foxboro & Soldier Field.  I agree with Bullseye in that Reid understands this, and he'll come prepared to  improve on his 1-7 record vs. Tennessee as well as keep the Chief's perfect road record this year intact.

With 7 games left, the Titans are in a position no team wants to be in.  Sitting at 4-5, here is a breakdown of their opponents for their final games:

- 4 of their last 7 games are against current division leaders
     - 6 of their last 7 games are against teams with current winning records (leaving only the Jags, who at 4-5 embarrassed the Titans once already)
     - The combined W/L record of their remaining opponents is currently 39-22 (yikes!)

Playoffs are out of the question.  A winning record is out of the question.  Finishing 8-8 would be a minor miracle.  Realistically, the most likely scenario Titans fans should be hoping for is finishing 6-10 with wins against the Jags & Bears.  With this wearing on the team, it's after this game that Tennessee comes to a reckoning with their unfortunate fate and Titans fans begin contemplating draft position.

In summary:

Dolphins @ Colts -->  Colts
Chiefs @ Titans -->  Chiefs

Last week  3-0
Overall  21-9
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Chiefs
Colts

20-10 coming in
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(11-08-2019, 12:57 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: (Bullseye:  not that it matters much but it's Dolphins @ Colts, not Colts @ Dolphins)

Indy should win their game by at least 2 touchdowns.  That's all that needs to be said about that game.

It's the KC-TEN game that is more interesting...

KC will not look past the Titans, because they understand that every game from here on out is a potential loss.  Oakland just won and improved to 5-4.  If KC loses to TEN, their stranglehold on the division disappears and they will be forced to work hard just to make the playoffs.  They'll play the Chargers twice, Oakland once, and will have to travel to do battle in Foxboro & Soldier Field.  I agree with Bullseye in that Reid understands this, and he'll come prepared to  improve on his 1-7 record vs. Tennessee as well as keep the Chief's perfect road record this year intact.

With 7 games left, the Titans are in a position no team wants to be in.  Sitting at 4-5, here is a breakdown of their opponents for their final games:

- 4 of their last 7 games are against current division leaders
     - 6 of their last 7 games are against teams with current winning records (leaving only the Jags, who at 4-5 embarrassed the Titans once already)
     - The combined W/L record of their remaining opponents is currently 39-22 (yikes!)

Playoffs are out of the question.  A winning record is out of the question.  Finishing 8-8 would be a minor miracle.  Realistically, the most likely scenario Titans fans should be hoping for is finishing 6-10 with wins against the Jags & Bears.  With this wearing on the team, it's after this game that Tennessee comes to a reckoning with their unfortunate fate and Titans fans begin contemplating draft position.

In summary:

Dolphins @ Colts -->  Colts
Chiefs @ Titans -->  Chiefs

Last week  3-0
Overall  21-9

Thanks for the correction and great post.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

16-14 overall

Going with Colts and Chiefs.

2-1 last week
14-12 overall

Chiefs over Titans...damn the rest of our schedule is rough
Dolphins over Colts
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

In case anyone was curious, here's how Pete Prisco (CBS Sports analyst/commentator/handicapper) is faring in our AFC South pickem:

Week 1:  2-2  (2-2 overall)
Week 2:  1-1  (3-3 overall)
Week 3:  1-2  (4-5 overall)
Week 4:  1-3  (5-8 overall)
Week 5:  1-3  (6-11 overall)
Week 6:  1-2  (7-13 overall)
Week 7:  2-1  (9-14 overall)
Week 8:  4-0  (13-14 overall)
Week 9:  2-1  (15-15 overall)

I believe he's taking the Titans and Colts this week.

So, if you are close to or better than 50/50 on your picks, you are at least as accurate as an insider who gets paid a lot for his opinions.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Chiefs
Colts

18-11

Week # 9 Results: 2-1
Overall: 19-11

Week # 10 Selections:

Kansas City
Indianapolis

13-17

Chiefs
colts

15-14 overall

Titans
Colts

16-14 going in,

Safe pick would be Chiefs and Colts, but with Brissett out, I can see the Dolphins pulling the upset, so:

Chiefs over Tacks
Dolphins over Colts