Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL refs

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2019, 05:53 PM by snowwolf776.)

its simple the nfl is always going to be againest the jags. NFL doesn't like the city of Jacksoville. rember game in 2017 at browns   pentelys jags 10   winless browns 0.

im not blameing any of the jags loses on the refs at all,just saying they don't like the city of jacksonville. the nfl would love to move team out of jacksonville,and to london.

Lets not forget too nfl said Jacksonville is the worst city to ever host a Super Bowl so they won't have one in jacksonville anymore.

all im saying is don't ever expect the refs to call a game in jags favor.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-08-2019, 05:52 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: its simple the nfl is always going to be againest the jags. NFL doesn't like the city of Jacksoville. rember game in 2017 at browns   pentelys jags 10   winless browns 0.

im not blameing any of the jags loses on the refs at all,just saying they don't like the city of jacksonville. the nfl would love to move team out of jacksonville,and to london.

Lets not forget too nfl said Jacksonville is the worst city to ever host a Super Bowl so they won't have one in jacksonville anymore.

I do expect it although I'm always disappointed. 

By the way Wolf, I don't think the NFL said that Jax is the worst Superbowl city ever, but plenty of sportswriters did. What do they know?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I will never get over that AFC championship game in Foxborough. The referees single-handedlt gave the patriots that game. I Have taken the NFL much less seriously since that moment in time. You simply just have to realize that it’s all for fun and most likely rigged for the big markets. Still happy to have our team and I hope we can come as close again with as good of a team.

If penalty yards were running backs- 16 teams would be on pace for 1,000 seasons.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html

It’s more a symptom of a systemic problem.

(11-08-2019, 06:27 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I will never get over that AFC championship game in Foxborough. The referees single-handedlt gave the patriots that game. I Have taken the NFL much less seriously since that moment in time. You simply just have to realize that it’s all for fun and most likely rigged for the big markets. Still happy to have our team and I hope we can come as close again with as good of a team.

For me, the home opener against the Packers a few years back changed things for me.  Afterwards, the league admitted there were SIXTEEN (16) calls that went against the Jaguars that should have gone the other way.  Never in life had I seen such a discrepancy between teams.  The only game in my four decades plus as a football fan that was comparable was Super Bowl XL between Seattle and Pittsburgh. 

That AFC Championship game just reinforced things.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The refs do seem to favor certain teams, and the Jaguars aren't one of those. However, I don' think they hate the Jaguars. The team they hate is the Raiders.
'02

I have waited upon posting something about the officiating because I did not want to respond while too emotional. That said at some point one has to recognize that whether deliberate or not there is a bias against the Jaguars.

In London there was a definite change in the team after the 3 bogus calls against the Jags. I don't know how the players keep getting up when week after week refs throw flags for what they think they see and sit on flags for something obvious. Then when challenged, more times than not the obvious is ignored because "it was a judgement call or the whistle was blown or some other BS reason". What I do know is the past 3 seasons have taken a toll on my fan hood.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(11-08-2019, 10:55 PM)Jags02 Wrote: The refs do seem to favor certain teams, and the Jaguars aren't one of those. However, I don' think they hate the Jaguars. The team they hate is the Raiders.

Yeah they do hate the Raiders.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2019, 09:32 AM by Jagulars.)

The only way this problem gets reduced is when the fans go on strike. As long as there are die-hard fans out there who show up regardless, this will continue. Enough is enough. And not just the Jaguars, many NFL teams are victims of rigged officiating.

If people are fed up with it, they should not show up at the stadiums or watch the game on television. Do this for a few weeks (or more) and watch the big heads worry over their losses. Be aggressive. These greedy business men will not lose a single ounce of sleep over the officiating.

Convincing the strike to millions and millions of fans is near impossible. But, can be done. Don't expect New England fans to join though.

(11-08-2019, 05:52 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: its simple the nfl is always going to be againest the jags. NFL doesn't like the city of Jacksoville. rember game in 2017 at browns   pentelys jags 10   winless browns 0.

Superstars get special treatment. Just look at the pancake penalty Sunday on McCoy/A. A. Ron vs. the hit Foles took. Brady getting PI on Bouye in the AFCCG.

Until we have a player who moves the needle on a national level, refs are not going to grant the benefit of the doubt.

It doesn't matter what city, it matters who the player is that begs for the flag.

You also get better crews when you're winning, and playing teams that are winning. It's not a random draw, it's just like the broadcast teams - the A crews end up at the games of the week, not the Jags-Bucs fartfest that is lucky to get broadcast on local market network affiliates without any national attention.

(11-12-2019, 09:27 AM)Jagulars Wrote: The only way this problem gets reduced is when the fans go on strike. As long as there are die-hard fans out there who show up regardless, this will continue. Enough is enough. And not just the Jaguars,  many NFL teams are victims of rigged officiating.

If people are fed up with it, they should not show up at the stadiums or watch the game on television. Do this for a few weeks (or more) and watch the big heads worry over their losses. Be aggressive. These greedy business men will not lose a single ounce of sleep over the officiating.

Convincing the strike to millions and millions of fans is near impossible. But, can be done. Don't expect New England fans to join though.

I remember when players were taking a knee during the National Anthem, fans were not going to games.

It quickly got fixed.