Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Too early for CAP talk - 2020?

(11-16-2019, 05:07 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 04:28 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I think Norwell tends to get a bad rap among fans and is actually one of the reasons why Fournette has consistently led the league in rushing.

Norwell has improved this year. A lot of this year's early criticism was just residual from last year that carried over. This offensive line is hard to keep intact though. Over the last two years it feels like they have a new face here, a new face there and a player or two playing at a different position that they're barely comfortable with. 

All they can do is continue to find quality depth with starting potential like they did with Richardson last year and Taylor falling into their laps in round two. Still, a 4 - 5 record after losing your highly prized off-season QB with a 6TH RD rookie under center is more than anyone could have probably asked for around here.

What happened to Richardson? He was grading out pretty well early on, then just disappeared...
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If Dareus is considering coming back next season and I'm his agent, I counter every offer the Jags make with film from this past Sunday. If he can still play as pre-surgery levels, he's worth the expense.

Would you keep him around if the restructure was 2 years at the current hit (22M? I think) total, but fully guaranteed?

(11-18-2019, 12:06 PM)Mikey Wrote: If Dareus is considering coming back next season and I'm his agent, I counter every offer the Jags make with film from this past Sunday. If he can still play as pre-surgery levels, he's worth the expense.

Would you keep him around if the restructure was 2 years at the current hit (22M? I think) total, but fully guaranteed?
No he's not. 

Dareus is really good and it's clear we miss him but he's not worth that money.

22.5 million? Pass. If he restructures, sure.

(11-18-2019, 12:06 PM)Mikey Wrote: If Dareus is considering coming back next season and I'm his agent, I counter every offer the Jags make with film from this past Sunday. If he can still play as pre-surgery levels, he's worth the expense.

In a heartbeat.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It would be a weak argument for him.  In turn they could throw on the Panthers tape and watch CMC run wide open through the middle of the Jags defense.  Of course, that's because guys were getting out of gaps but Dareus was also getting his big tail blocked a lot too.  We've given up over 200 without Dareus, and we've done it with him.

(11-16-2019, 11:09 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 05:57 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Don't forget the $9.75m that should be credited back to our 2020 cap from Telvin Smith not playing this season.

Speaking of Telvin, isn't he thinking of playing next year? He meant to take a year off... not retire.

He may be planning on it, but from the picture I saw of him at a high school game he certainly hasn't been lifting any weights. He looked very much retired.

(11-18-2019, 12:21 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 11:09 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Speaking of Telvin, isn't he thinking of playing next year? He meant to take a year off... not retire.

He may be planning on it, but from the picture I saw of him at a high school game he certainly hasn't been lifting any weights. He looked very much retired.

He's on the Justin Blackmon Plan now.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-18-2019, 01:37 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 05:07 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Norwell has improved this year. A lot of this year's early criticism was just residual from last year that carried over. This offensive line is hard to keep intact though. Over the last two years it feels like they have a new face here, a new face there and a player or two playing at a different position that they're barely comfortable with. 

All they can do is continue to find quality depth with starting potential like they did with Richardson last year and Taylor falling into their laps in round two. Still, a 4 - 5 record after losing your highly prized off-season QB with a 6TH RD rookie under center is more than anyone could have probably asked for around here.

What happened to Richardson? He was grading out pretty well early on, then just disappeared...

Our coach staff sucks... still keeping a rotation going makes no sense to me.

But I'm not the OL coach... so what do I know

(11-18-2019, 12:23 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 01:37 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: What happened to Richardson? He was grading out pretty well early on, then just disappeared...

Our coach staff sucks... still keeping a rotation going makes no sense to me.

It irks the [BLEEP] out of me too. Especially with Marrone having that aspect of the game ingrained in his background. You would think by now this offensive line situation would be resolved. But it's digressed tremendously since 2017. I know the injuries can only be controlled so much with strength and conditioning and [BLEEP] will always happen. 

But you would think they would have these guys up to speed by now. I didn't like the preseason approach with so many starters getting a significant amount of time off. And I still feel like it's partly to blame for the miscues and lack of discipline with the flags being tossed consistently throughout this season.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-18-2019, 12:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 12:21 PM)DragonFury Wrote: He may be planning on it, but from the picture I saw of him at a high school game he certainly hasn't been lifting any weights. He looked very much retired.

He's on the Justin Blackmon Plan now.

Blackmon is kinda fat. Smith is still lean and athletic but he lost all the muscle NFL linebackers have.

(11-18-2019, 04:11 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 12:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's on the Justin Blackmon Plan now.

Blackmon is kinda fat. Smith is still lean and athletic but he lost all the muscle NFL linebackers have.

I saw that too.   

I doubt he plays again at all.

(11-18-2019, 12:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 12:23 PM)Kane Wrote: Our coach staff sucks... still keeping a rotation going makes no sense to me.

It irks the [BLEEP] out of me too. Especially with Marrone having that aspect of the game ingrained in his background. You would think by now this offensive line situation would be resolved. But it's digressed tremendously since 2017. I know the injuries can only be controlled so much with strength and conditioning and [BLEEP] will always happen. 

But you would think they would have these guys up to speed by now. I didn't like the preseason approach with so many starters getting a significant amount of time off. And I still feel like it's partly to blame for the miscues and lack of discipline with the flags being tossed consistently throughout this season.

I think that's the issue and why there is still a rotation at RG, they are both bad LOL.  So you give them both a chance to distance themselves from the other one and neither can do so.

(11-18-2019, 04:11 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 12:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's on the Justin Blackmon Plan now.

That's the difference between the brown liquor diet and the wacky tobbackie...

(11-18-2019, 04:14 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 12:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It irks the [BLEEP] out of me too. Especially with Marrone having that aspect of the game ingrained in his background. You would think by now this offensive line situation would be resolved. But it's digressed tremendously since 2017. I know the injuries can only be controlled so much with strength and conditioning and [BLEEP] will always happen. 

I think that's the issue and why there is still a rotation at RG, they are both bad LOL.  So you give them both a chance to distance themselves from the other one and neither can do so.

If they are both bad then you just stick with the one that's less bad.
If there is no distinction between the two, you go with youth and cheaper one.

All I've ever heard was OL is about continuity and cohesiveness and rotating guys just to rotate them after 10 weeks seems asinine to me.
And the fact that our HC is an OL dude compounds the issue as Caldrac said.