Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
V. Hargreaves Released by Bucs

(11-12-2019, 05:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 04:27 PM)JackCity Wrote: Him having occasional lapses of effort doesn't mean he hasn't been trying through his career though? He just isn't a good player, him going 100mph isn't going to make him be good in man or zone.  

It's okay to admit he just isn't good AND may have had some issues effort wise. Even though I know you thought he was better than Ramsey lol
I think it's more than "occasional".  Hard work beats talent.  Why did they pick up his 5th year option?

Because their secondary is god awful and their GM is one of the worst in the league

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wanted Hargreaves on draft day. Didn't think Ramsey would be there.

Why wouldn't we put in a claim for him? Like it would make all the sense in the world, see what he can do for the rest of the year after just losing your top cb. If he is good and proves himself keep, if not cut him. Really a no brainer but our front office is who they are

Sometimes a player needs change. Vontae Davis was average in Miami, then an All Pro in Indianapolis.

(11-13-2019, 12:41 AM)D-Money Wrote: Why wouldn't we put in a claim for him? Like it would make all the sense in the world, see what he can do for the rest of the year after just losing your top cb. If he is good and proves himself keep, if not cut him. Really a no brainer but our front office is who they are

10 million dollars guaranteed to injury.
Its really the reason the Bucs cut him now instead of riding out to the end of the season. They decided they wont be resigning him in the offseason due to his loafing, so cut bait now before youre on the hook.
It also gave Arians a chance to make an example of him, that continued loafing wouldnt be tolerated.

Its a little too much of a risk from the financial stand point especially with the Jags cap situation.
And if he cant survive Arians' demands, he is not going to have a good time here.

I do agree he would be worth the risk, but not with the current circumstances.

(11-13-2019, 12:41 AM)D-Money Wrote: Why wouldn't we put in a claim for him? Like it would make all the sense in the world, see what he can do for the rest of the year after just losing your top cb. If he is good and proves himself keep, if not cut him. Really a no brainer but our front office is who they are

We just got rid of a quittter, though?

And when we did, we got a haul of picks for him.

Bucs got a pile of dookie. If he was dragging his tail in TB, whether it was because of losing, or being forced to play man, zone, special teams, whatever, what part of where we currently are would be a change from that? Let someone else attempt a reclamation project.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2019, 10:40 AM by scottyg.)

(11-13-2019, 09:55 AM)jagshype Wrote:

10 million dollars guaranteed to injury.
Its really the reason the Bucs cut him now instead of riding out to the end of the season. They decided they wont be resigning him in the offseason due to his loafing, so cut bait now before youre on the hook.
It also gave Arians a chance to make an example of him, that continued loafing wouldnt be tolerated.

Its a little too much of a risk from the financial stand point especially with the Jags cap situation.
And if he cant survive Arians' demands, he is not going to have a good time here.

He's on his rookie contract and Tampa is stuck with the bonuses.  I don't think his salary is prohibitive at all.  The D is playing pretty well together though, so I'm not sure I would want to risk the chemistry they have going now.  
I'm fine either way I guess.

(11-13-2019, 10:27 AM)Mikey Wrote:

We just got rid of a quittter, though?

Bucs got a pile of dookie. If he was dragging his tail in TB, whether it was because of losing, or being forced to play man, zone, special teams, whatever, what part of where we currently are would be a change from that? Let someone else attempt a reclamation project.

So the Patriots then?

I'm inclined to shy away from a player that has managed to alienate himself from a coach like Arians who by all accounts is generally well liked by players.

His performance was erratic prior to this season anyway. I have little to no interest.

(11-13-2019, 10:39 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 09:55 AM)jagshype Wrote: 10 million dollars guaranteed to injury.

He's on his rookie contract and Tampa is stuck with the bonuses.  I don't think his salary is prohibitive at all.  The D is playing pretty well together though, so I'm not sure I would want to risk the chemistry they have going now.  
I'm fine either way I guess.

(11-13-2019, 10:27 AM)Mikey Wrote: We just got rid of a quittter, though?

So the Patriots then?

The Bucs picked up the 5th year option at about 10 million which is guaranteed against injury. I believe this is carried over if he is claimed as a waiver. Now if he clears waivers, then the team gets to negotiate a contract.
This is also why I dont think a contender will waiver claim him.

Texans claim VH

So Houston owes him 10mil next year?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(11-14-2019, 12:09 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: So Houston owes him 10mil next year?

If he gets hurt or if they want to keep him at that rate.