Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Are we not gonna talk about our struggles in the red zone?

We have been terrible in the red zone. Remember the toss sweep vs the Jets? It feels like we force feed the ball the Fournette, and we don’t have a power run blocking offensive line that can get the push required.

We don’t really have a red zone type of WR that can big boy somebody. I figured Oliver would become that guy, but he hardly gets any balls his way.

Or is it the play calling? I know NYC did a play call break down, but what about our struggles inside the 20?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This has been the jags story for years. I really thought Fournette would change this but he just isnt good in short yardage situations. Probably not helped by our guards getting driven backwards every play also tho.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

This year it is a rookie problem as well as oli.e push. You can't win the trenches how can you run.

Foles a seasoned vet should see the Redzone TDs get better.

Nope. I don wanna. Curls up in fetal position.

I can't claim to have a good handle on why the red zone has proven so difficult for the Jags this year.

The one thing I know for certain is that the vast majority of the runs we've attempted there have been telegraphed and simply dared the defense to go into a goal line formation and stuff it. We just don't seem to have the right interior linemen or back to pull off that strategy.

So - I hope they tweak the redzone run playbook to be a bit more creative this week at the least.

Foles has a penchant for the corner fade, so we may see that employed more from the 15-30 yard line area.
Maybe they'll get smart and employ some rub routes with the receivers and TEs out of a bunch formation. I don't know. I'm just hoping DeFilippo spent the bye week dislodging some cards from up his sleeve.

We have always sucked in the red zone. By the time we reach the 20 I’m already thinking FG.

(11-13-2019, 08:09 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: We have always sucked in the red zone. By the time we reach the 20 I’m already thinking FG.

We were good in the red zone in 2017.  

If there is a feather in Hackett's cap it's getting 18 red zone TD passes from Blake Bortles that season.

I miss Stacey Mack.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-13-2019, 08:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 08:09 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: We have always sucked in the red zone. By the time we reach the 20 I’m already thinking FG.

We were good in the red zone in 2017.  

If there is a feather in Hackett's cap it's getting 18 red zone TD passes from Blake Bortles that season.

Bortles was money in the RZ

Getting there was an issue.

This year the RZ issues have been a combined list of poor OL play (not getting push in short yardage situations), play calling (Where's the creativity? Where's the play action?), and a little bit of a rookie QB (perhaps)

At least we're not the Browns.

This may change with a new QB. It could be mostly due to GM and the playcalling used to suit him.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Fournette is best at the goal line. I would say a combination of terrible guard play and play calling.

But whatever it is, that’s got to improve starting this week.

A combo of issues. Fournette only having one TD shows the lack of success running in the red zone. Also, this seemed to be Minshew’s weak spot, even dating back to the preseason. Guess we’ll see if Foles can improve on that the rest of the season.

All of this goes out the window with Foles at an.

(11-13-2019, 11:52 PM)iam Wrote: All of this goes out the window with Foles at an.

Thank goodness we have him at an.