Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clots Game / Score Predictions

(11-15-2019, 10:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 10:25 AM)Kane Wrote: Yeah my whole point is on the idea that Foles was handed a big contract, regardless of what is actually paid, and if he can't come in and play at least to the same level as what we got from Minshew he wasn't worth a drop of it and the front office, yet again, blunders up the QB position and salary cap paying the wrong dudes.

I have no doubt Foles comes in and elevates the play of the offense personally. At least slightly.

What I'm saying is that that salary you keep bringing up doesn't mandate he does anything compared to Minshew, it mandates that he come in and be the 18th best paid QB in the league in 2019. 
That's what he is. 

Everyone wants to throw around a contract total he's unlikely to ever see. He's the 18th best paid QB in the league in 2019.   And if you adjust for his bonus and guarantee and spread it over 2019/2020 - he's still 15th on that list.
Basically - I'm saying let's not pretend the Jags threw top tier money at this guy because they didn't.

OK...
they paid him 50 million total gtd.

That's serious ched. And my point is, that if he doesn't play to the level of a guy just drafted, that is a waste of money because you could just play a rookie for way cheaper.

It isn't about comparing his contract to that of say Cousins, or Goff, or whoever the highest paid guys are its cost vs production.
He needs to come in and produce like the 18th best QB (as opposed to whatever Minshew was, 24th?)
If he doesn't the contract just wasn't worth it, period.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-15-2019, 11:07 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 10:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: What I'm saying is that that salary you keep bringing up doesn't mandate he does anything compared to Minshew, it mandates that he come in and be the 18th best paid QB in the league in 2019. 
That's what he is. 

Everyone wants to throw around a contract total he's unlikely to ever see. He's the 18th best paid QB in the league in 2019.   And if you adjust for his bonus and guarantee and spread it over 2019/2020 - he's still 15th on that list.
Basically - I'm saying let's not pretend the Jags threw top tier money at this guy because they didn't.

OK...

That's serious ched. And my point is, that if he doesn't play to the level of a guy just drafted, that is a waste of money because you could just play a rookie for way cheaper.

It isn't about comparing his contract to that of say Cousins, or Goff, or whoever the highest paid guys are its cost vs production.
He needs to come in and produce like the 18th best QB (as opposed to whatever Minshew was, 24th?)

It's 45 mil guaranteed. And that is not "serious ched" on today's QB market. It's square in the middle of the road ched.

(11-15-2019, 12:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 11:07 AM)Kane Wrote: OK...

It's 45 mil guaranteed. And that is not "serious ched" on today's QB market.  It's square in the middle of the road ched.

Spotrac lists total gtd at 50,125,000

It's not chump change.
I get what you're saying, I'm not making an argument that we paid too much. The team made a move they had to make to try to win now with a veteran QB.
Paid him good value on what amounts to essentially a 2 year deal.

But he has to play better than Minshew or it isn't worth it.
That is all I'm saying. I don't have a problem with the contract. If he comes out throwing less than 60% comp and throwing more INTs than TDs while being a statue in the pocket and taking more sacks....
It was a bad deal, no matter the value or gtd money.

And as I said before, I don't think he will play that way. My comment was to the negative nancys who think he's going to play poorly (still butt hurt about the Minshew benching no doubt) and my comment was that if he plays that poorly, the front office screwed up signing him for starter money.

(11-15-2019, 12:19 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 12:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's 45 mil guaranteed. And that is not "serious ched" on today's QB market.  It's square in the middle of the road ched.

Spotrac lists total gtd at 50,125,000

It's not chump change.
I get what you're saying, I'm not making an argument that we paid too much. The team made a move they had to make to try to win now with a veteran QB.

That is all I'm saying. I don't have a problem with the contract. If he comes out throwing less than 60% comp and throwing more INTs than TDs while being a statue in the pocket and taking more sacks....

And as I said before, I don't think he will play that way. My comment was to the negative nancys who think he's going to play poorly (still butt hurt about the Minshew benching no doubt) and my comment was that if he plays that poorly, the front office screwed up signing him for starter money.

50 is correct. I looked in the wrong column. Thanks for the fix. 

I simply feel that the bar for him based on salary doesn't have anything to do with Minshew but the staff clearly feels he'll surpass that level of play or they wouldn't have gone with him. 

Personally - I think he'll play a little bit better than where his salary ranks among QBs league wide. 
I'll not judge his performance based on any of the stats you listed but how he performs within the opportunities given him.  Much in the same way I judged Minshew's play. 
 i.e. - some of the sacks were on him, some were on the linemen, he missed open guys, but also made great throws in tight windows etc.  - the numbers are important but need to be viewed with other factors considered.

(11-15-2019, 12:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 12:19 PM)Kane Wrote: Spotrac lists total gtd at 50,125,000

It's not chump change.

50 is correct. I looked in the wrong column. Thanks for the fix. 

I simply feel that the bar for him based on salary doesn't have anything to do with Minshew but the staff clearly feels he'll surpass that level of play or they wouldn't have gone with him. 

Personally - I think he'll play a little bit better than where his salary ranks among QBs league wide. 
I'll not judge his performance based on any of the stats you listed but how he performs within the opportunities given him.  Much in the same way I judged Minshew's play. 
 i.e. - some of the sacks were on him, some were on the linemen, he missed open guys, but also made great throws in tight windows etc.  - the numbers are important but need to be viewed with other factors considered.

Oh yeah for sure...
I won't hold a low comp pct against him if we're seeing WRs dropping balls and I wouldn't put the sacks all on him if the OL plays super poorly.

I also won't judge him solely by this first game back either, really. But if he does end up playing poorly, this board is gonna be a mess with the mania. Warranted or not lol

Colts D is fairly good against the pass so if Foles can give us 20/30 for a TD and 0 INTs I'll be extremely happy.

I'm having good feelings about this one. Hoping Brissett comes in and has a sluggish return game, and Foles does his magic coming off the bench.

24-19 Yaguars.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 02:16 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

(11-15-2019, 10:25 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 02:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I don't think that Foles will play like a downgrade to what we got from Minshew. It'll be a different brand of QB play but should be as or more efficient. 

The bigger issue here is that Minshew didn't play like a 6th round rookie, so your scenario is not laid on solid footing. 
Also - the Jags stand a good chance of only paying Foles 45 mil if Gardner is ready to take over sometime in 2020 or to begin 2021.

Yeah my whole point is on the idea that Foles was handed a big contract, regardless of what is actually paid, and if he can't come in and play at least to the same level as what we got from Minshew he wasn't worth a drop of it and the front office, yet again, blunders up the QB position and salary cap paying the wrong dudes.

I have no doubt Foles comes in and elevates the play of the offense personally. At least slightly.

(11-14-2019, 02:53 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: As much as I hate to say it.. I think we are going to get whooped.

Clots 31-16

I don't think you hate saying it at all.

So.. you’re saying that just because I don’t show foolish optimism, that I want us to lose?

Completely asinine. I’m just keeping things in perspective. The Colts have played better football than us all year, and they’re a well coached team. Combine that with the fact that our starting QB hasn’t played in 2 months, things don’t look great for us. This is a predict the score thread, not be an over emotional fan thread.

(11-15-2019, 02:15 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 10:25 AM)Kane Wrote: Yeah my whole point is on the idea that Foles was handed a big contract, regardless of what is actually paid, and if he can't come in and play at least to the same level as what we got from Minshew he wasn't worth a drop of it and the front office, yet again, blunders up the QB position and salary cap paying the wrong dudes.

So.. you’re saying that just because I don’t show foolish optimism, that I want us to lose?

Completely asinine. I’m just keeping things in perspective. The Colts have played better football than us all year, and they’re a well coached team. Combine that with the fact that our starting QB hasn’t played in 2 months, things don’t look great for us. This is a predict  the score thread, not be an over emotional fan thread.

We don't agree much.. but yea, this game feels bad.

the clots have played way beyond our team with Brissett under center.. their coach is a friggin MENSA genius compared to Mr. Bologna.

I think it's 20 point blowout.

(11-15-2019, 02:15 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:

Completely asinine. I’m just keeping things in perspective. The Colts have played better football than us all year, and they’re a well coached team. Combine that with the fact that our starting QB hasn’t played in 2 months, things don’t look great for us. This is a predict  the score thread, not be an over emotional fan thread.

Weird... I didn't say that at all.
I said I don't think you hate making those types of predictions.
I'm not emotional about it at all, Nancy.

clots just lost to the phins. And have dropped games earlier this season they had no business losing. Their OL isn't protecting as well as early this year and last season.
I don't see how someone could think we're just gonna get whooped as badly as you predict....
but I could easily see how you'd predict such a thing, based on your record of posts.

I won't make any prediction, because I'm basically in SHOW ME mode. If they want to make the playoffs it has has to start now. The team is fairly healthy and a lot of the distractions are behind them. If they can get these 2 division wins on the road they will be positioned well for the final stretch. If they go 0-2 the next 2 weeks, the season's over. Go 1-1 and it keeps things interesting, but that would put them at 5-6. They would need to win out.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-15-2019, 03:32 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I won't make any prediction, because I'm basically in SHOW ME mode.  If they want to make the playoffs it has has to start now.  The team is fairly healthy and a lot of the distractions are behind them.  If they can get these 2 division wins on the road they will be positioned well for the final stretch.  If they go 0-2 the next 2 weeks, the season's over.  Go 1-1 and it keeps things interesting, but that would put them at 5-6.  They would need to win out.

I think the next two, being divisional games, are both must wins to keep the hope of playoffs alive.
Matter of fact, I think they need to win any game left on the schedule that is vs AFC opponents.
clots, tacks, raiders, and bolts all vying for the WC spot, of which there is really only one assuming bills don't collapse.

brownies did us a favor last night putting a dent in the squeelers chances.

Both starting WRs for the Colts are out. Stuff the run and force the Colts to pass. Rush 5. This should be a gimme.

I think that the game is 50/50.  Either the Jaguars win or they lose.

The score might be 47-3 or 3-47 or it might be 10-7 or 7-10.

It's pretty much a "toss up" game where either team can win big or either team can barely squeak out a win.  This is why I like the NFL over college games.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 10:11 AM by Talented Kalamari.)

(11-15-2019, 03:31 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 02:15 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: So.. you’re saying that just because I don’t show foolish optimism, that I want us to lose?

Weird... I didn't say that at all.
I said I don't think you hate making those types of predictions.
I'm not emotional about it at all, Nancy.

clots just lost to the phins. And have dropped games earlier this season they had no business losing. Their OL isn't protecting as well as early this year and last season.
I don't see how someone could think we're just gonna get whooped as badly as you predict....
but I could easily see how you'd predict such a thing, based on your record of posts.

Lol okay my guy.. like you’ve had the best takes on the board.. I’ve seen you swing and miss multiple times. I’d be willing to bet that my track record is better than yours.

I'm with Kalamari, but not out of some principle. I suspect Foles will not deliver in this game what everyone expects and hopes for and we will lose to a Colts team with Brissett under center by maybe ten points. I'm betting, but not hoping, that Foles will be on a seat that is glowing red by the time I'm back at the field for the Bucs game on December 1st.

The once clutch Vinatieri will probably cost the Colts another game. This one will go four quarters, and maybe more. I would not be shocked if either team won big (because #Jaguars - #Colts) ... Two teams that don't have a solid identity this deep into the season?  I am a little shocked to see some of the posters here consider Brissett a good+ Quarterback, a few years ago on the Division board he was a bit roasted. That season was all on Pagano, even though everyone in Indy (me included) loved him as a person. Great guy, not a great HC.

I'm going to go with the Colts in a squeaker ... Only because they have to be angry to lose to the Fins.

Halftime - Jaguars 17 / Colts 9

Final - Jaguars 23 / Colts 26

I shall also be at the game.

I predict that the Jaguars have a 50/50 chance to win the game.  Whichever team wins the margin of victory might be large, yet it might be small.  There will either be a lot of points scored, or it will be a low scoring game.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-16-2019, 05:51 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I predict that the Jaguars have a 50/50 chance to win the game.  Whichever team wins the margin of victory might be large, yet it might be small.  There will either be a lot of points scored, or it will be a low scoring game.

We're going to have to run and pass the ball to win this one...lol

(11-16-2019, 08:37 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 05:51 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I predict that the Jaguars have a 50/50 chance to win the game.  Whichever team wins the margin of victory might be large, yet it might be small.  There will either be a lot of points scored, or it will be a low scoring game.

We're going to have to run and pass the ball to win this one...lol

And we’ll have to play defense.   We’ll allow some points, but have to allow less than what we accumulate.