Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blast from the past forum game

Wash promoted to DC: Favorite comments-

(01-21-2016, 05:24 PM)Kane Wrote: Boy Alfie is getting a real good stroke job from his fan boys right about now hahahahaha
Preach! Still paying for it...
(01-21-2016, 05:33 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Another Boneheaded move my Gus. I'm sorry, I disagree with this move big time. Are you telling me that you couldn't find a coach more qualified. It feels like to me that he just settled cause he could not get anyone to take the job. 
Fairly insightful..
(01-21-2016, 05:49 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
Quote:Lol did you expect someone to take this dumpster fire job? Might as well ask him to buy the rope

You are dead wrong about that, Doc Holliday.   The Jags' DC job is actually extremely attractive, because next year we will have Sen'Derrick Marks, Dante Fowler, maybe Jalen Ramsey or Joey Bosa, and probably some new free agent talent as well.   The new Jags' DC is going to take over a much improved defensive roster, so when the results accrue from all that new talent, our new DC will look like a hero.   Just wait- this time next year, we'll all be wringing our hands about how we might lose Todd Wash to some other team.  
Lol!
(01-21-2016, 06:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This thread is destined to be an epic moan-fest. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Hmmm
(01-21-2016, 06:02 PM)C-Dub93 Wrote:
Quote:Lol at the people who think that Gus wasn't involved in the defense at all. He certainly was.

Idk who is saying he wasn't at all, but Poz sure made it sound like he had little input as far as talking and helping the players one on one. Poz said hed be happy with ANY input at seasons end from him.
Hmmmmmmm!
(01-21-2016, 07:08 PM)Predator_NFLFans Wrote: Gus is basically the playcaller. Wash is the defensive coordinator in title only. Gus is a lame duck if he doesn't succeed in 2016.
And the winner is?!? *drum roll*
(01-21-2016, 10:08 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Just got the transcript for the Bradley/ Schwartz interview.
*Picked up after a long converstaion
Gus: Mr Schwartz I think you would be a great asset to our ball club.  Just one important question.  What is your favorite Flavor of Ice Cream?
Schwartz: I am lactose intolerant.
Gus:  Get Out!!!!
I don't believe in Gus Bradley.  That being said I really hope he proves me wrong.  As many have said, probably just a puppet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Another humorous thread, where TMD actually sounded rational (except for that TB crush thing):

Open your eyes (David Caldwell & Gus Bradley aren't going anywhere)
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(11-15-2019, 01:16 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 01:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hahaha.  Who was making the repeat polls?  I have to know. OK, I want to know.

17 pages of comedy. 

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=8433

The sad thing is, reading old threads about Gus again makes me appreciate Marrone more.

This thread from 2014 had a decent amount of humor...

Create your own Jaguars motto

(11-16-2019, 06:51 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: This thread from 2014 had a decent amount of humor...

Create your own Jaguars motto

Lol, theres some great ones in there.

'Your low expectations are still too high' starts it off just right

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-15-2019, 07:10 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I wanted Mahomes and/or Watson

However is also said CMC wasn’t good. lol
I also wanted Ramsey over VH3

However I said Bortles was a gun slinger lol
I said Green would be better than Julio

We all have crusty hot takes but that’s what makes this board fun.

I remember somebody wanted Mason Rudolph so bad and now he’s looking like a career back up.

Oh and Forest freaking Lamp. He was wanted by so many people.

You sure about that?

(04-20-2017, 06:23 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: 4-net 

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...=1st+round

(11-14-2019, 10:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: This thread prior to the 2017 draft (when Mahomes was drafted) contains seven posters listing players they want in the first round and then saying they don't want ANY QB in that first round.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...=1st+round

Dodged a bullet there. Was in a favor of bolstering the defense line some more there for sure. Absolutely did NOT want Trubisky at QB that year. I think so far my judgement was right on that call. Admittedly I didn't know [BLEEP] about Mahomes that year. So I reserved judgement on him. 

I did like DeShaun Watson though. Especially after that National Championship performance against a heavily touted Alabama defense that year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."