Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rudolph, Garrett and DeCastro...

Rudolph started it, grabbing at Garret’s groin and going for his helmet.. doesn’t justify the helmet strike, but Rudolph deserves punishment as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-15-2019, 01:53 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 01:25 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Garrett is going to be suspended a loooooong time. They will throw the book at him. That's almost assault. It's a nothing play and that replay makes Garrett look like a lunatic.

Pouncey was ready to end hom there tho.

I would say it is assault. Not almost. I understand this is a violent sport but that crosses every line. If he would have caught him with the crown of that helmet, he could have shattered his skull.

I agree, no way to defend Garrett.

Rudolph - 1 game
Pouncey - 1 game
Browns guy who pushed Mason down - 1 game
Garrett - 6 games aka season

I almost consider 2 games for Rudolph and Pouncey.

Whats every one else think?
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(11-15-2019, 10:19 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Rudolph started it, grabbing at Garret’s groin and going for his helmet.. doesn’t justify the helmet strike, but Rudolph deserves punishment as well.

Rudolph was dumb to grab at Garrett's helmet, but he had just been tackled to the ground several seconds after he had thrown the football. Garrett was already well over the line for a PF call. Rudolph's reaction was stupid, but somewhat understandable. Somewhat. I only saw him kicking toward the groin just trying to separate himself, not any grabbing. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-15-2019, 06:09 AM)PF* Wrote: You almost could see this coming.

The Cleveland team has a Vontaze Burfict vibe to it IMO. Kitchens has instituted zero discipline and Baker Mayfield sets the tone with his words and actions. Throw in the "Dawg Pound" screaming for blood for 3+ hours and its a volatile mix.

Garrett will be gone, likely for the year (Florio is talking banishment over on PFT).

I have to commend Mayfield. He did not defend his teammate after the game. In fact, he condemned him for his actions. You don't see that very often in pro football. Normally, everyone has their teammates' back, no matter what. That showed maturity on his part. As a whole though, the Browns are the most undisciplined team in the NFL.

(11-15-2019, 10:28 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Rudolph - 1 game
Pouncey - 1 game

Garrett should get 6 games for snatching Rudolph up by the helmet and yanking it off , that's a neck breaking move. He should then get all next season for the strike. I'm shocked that he won't face criminal charges for something so outside the lines. If he were in Pittsburgh do you think he might've been at least detained, or is football so big that any onfield conduct is above the law?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-15-2019, 10:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
Pouncey - 1 game

Garrett should get 6 games for snatching Rudolph up by the helmet and yanking it off , that's a neck breaking move. He should then get all next season for the strike. I'm shocked that he won't face criminal charges for something so outside the lines. If he were in Pittsburgh do you think he might've been at least detained, or is football so big that any onfield conduct is above the law?

Rudolph's agent is hinting at pressing charges this morning.

I'm not surprised some people in this thread are actually blaming Rudolph for this incident.
Garrett's tackle and extra 'hugging' on the ground were excessive. Lots of players would react in such a way of getting into his face. During a tussle facemasks are often grabbed.
Garrett went further to rip a helmet off a guy (which could cause injury) and then used it as a weapon (which is, ya know, assault).

I think Garrett should get 8 games.
I don't think Rudolph should be suspended at all. He was being attacked on the ground so the "kick to the groin" is more of a 'get off me' move I think.
Pouncey is going to have to get some games as well probably 2 for throwing punches and kicks.
The Browns player that came in late with a push probably gets a game too.

(11-15-2019, 10:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
Pouncey - 1 game

They play again in 2 weeks so maybe...

(11-15-2019, 10:19 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Rudolph started it, grabbing at Garret’s groin and going for his helmet.. doesn’t justify the helmet strike, but Rudolph deserves punishment as well.

Garrett should use the Stand your ground law as his defense. He was in his house (home stadium) and fearing for his person when he was kicked and Rudolph tried to take off his helmet.

Myles was wrong for retaliating when he knew the QB was some scrawny lil dude.. Rudolph shouldn't have started a fight he knew he would lose. Pouncey did what he was suppose to, even if he didn't square up with him one on one. The kick to the head was matching petty for petty since he had a guard holding him and tackling him to the ground. Suspend everyone and move on.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 11:55 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

Pouncey - 1 game

Wait a minute..........so Mason gets 1 game for trying to pull off Garret's helmet and hitting him below the belt.  He also ran after him after being manhandled after initiating it.  What logic are you using.

Question: If a man pokes a bear and chases it, should the bear be executed for mauling the man? Asking for a friend.
Season Tix, Section 409

(11-15-2019, 11:45 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Myles was wrong for retaliating when he knew the QB was some scrawny lil dude..  Rudolph shouldn't have started a fight he knew he would lose.  Pouncey did what he was suppose to, even if he didn't square up with him one on one.  The kick to the head was matching petty for petty since he had a guard holding him and tackling him to the ground.  Suspend everyone and move on.

Rudolph didn't start a fight. 

Garrett tackled him to the ground several seconds after he passed the football. That's what started it. 

Rudolph was foolish to escalate it but he was absolutely provoked by being taken to the ground unnecessarily.

(11-15-2019, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 11:45 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Myles was wrong for retaliating when he knew the QB was some scrawny lil dude..  Rudolph shouldn't have started a fight he knew he would lose.  Pouncey did what he was suppose to, even if he didn't square up with him one on one.  The kick to the head was matching petty for petty since he had a guard holding him and tackling him to the ground.  Suspend everyone and move on.

Garrett tackled him to the ground several seconds after he passed the football. That's what started it. 

Rudolph was foolish to escalate it but he was absolutely provoked by being taken to the ground unnecessarily.

And it looked like he was giving him a lil extra action on the ground too instead of just letting him up.
I don't get what people are seeing here.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 12:20 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(11-15-2019, 01:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Myles Garrett is a [BLEEP]. That guy needs to be suspended the rest of the season. That was flat out, assault with a deadly weapon. Steve Smith said it right, if Garrett would've hit him in a certain spot on his head, he could've paralyzed Rudolph. The game was over, the Browns dominated. Why do something so stupid when the game was essentially over? Props to Pouncey for defending his QB.

No, he is not.

Seems like you (and most people here) don't have a clue about Garrett. Did you even watch the interview after the game? did you hear what Joe Thomas said about Garret? do you know what happened to Garrett a few weeks back?

Pouncey 3 games
Garrett 3 games
Rudolph 2 games

It is funny because if this was Calais, Ngakoue, Bryan or any other jag you guys would be defending the jag and attacking Rudolph, asking for a suspension for him.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 01:00 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(11-15-2019, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

This is football like c'mon man.  He tackled him to the ground and didnt even drive him into it.  Unless you didnt look at the replay, or maybe you did, as soon as he went down he was pulling and yanking at Myles helmet.  Plenty of QB's have been hit alot harder, flag or no flag, and didn't start trying to rip off the DE's helmet.  Being manhandled after the fact is what blew it way out of context.  
He even pulled him down on top of him and didn't fall on him lol.  How sway?  Where do you guys come up with this foolery.

Here's a link just in case you missed it... 
https://twitter.com/i/status/1195201988163723269

Note: Fast foward to 0:26 seconds and remind me again what escalated it. I just read your earlier post about trying to kick him off of him. If you pull someone's helmet to the point where they are on top of you, kicking them in the groin is trying to now get them off of you. I guess that makes sense to you.

(11-15-2019, 12:13 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Rudolph didn't start a fight. 

And it looked like he was giving him a lil extra action on the ground too instead of just letting him up.
I don't get what people are seeing here.

huh
Season Tix, Section 409

me:  posts a gif I made myself of the incident

poster: maybe you didn't see it, here's a video

(11-15-2019, 12:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: me:  posts a gif I made myself of the incident

Thats the same face im giving you with your assessment of your own self made gif.  It makes no sense at all
Season Tix, Section 409

(11-15-2019, 11:52 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
Pouncey - 1 game

Wait a minute..........so Mason gets 1 game for trying to pull off Garret's helmet and hitting him below the belt.  He also ran after him after being manhandled after initiating it.  What logic are you using.

Question: If a man pokes a bear and chases it, should the bear be executed for mauling the man? Asking for a friend.
You can’t be serious... lol. The Garrett hit was late, and drove him to the ground, so that’s not grounds to be pissed? That was borderline a personal foul brother... in fact if that were Brady or Rodgers it’s 100% the call. I don’t care what anyone does in a scuffle on the field, you don’t try to kill them. Big yikes dude.

(11-15-2019, 01:00 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 12:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: me:  posts a gif I made myself of the incident

Thats the same face im giving you with your assessment of your own self made gif.  It makes no sense at all

He hit a player in the head with his own helmet. It's insane. Have you seen how many players have commented on this? By your logic, ANY retaliation, no matter how extreme us justified if you feel wronged. Doesn't work like that.

Randolph is a rookie QB having a bad night. Garrett hit him late and dragged him down, didnt need to do it and whilst it may not be a bad hit, it's against the rules now. Randolph hardly started fighting.

De Castro deserves enormous credit, he tried to stop Garrett a number of times, he could have started fighting so what's Garrett's excuse? 

HE HIT HIM IN THE HEAD WITH A HELMET!!