Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rudolph, Garrett and DeCastro...

(11-15-2019, 01:05 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 11:52 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Wait a minute..........so Mason gets 1 game for trying to pull off Garret's helmet and hitting him below the belt.  He also ran after him after being manhandled after initiating it.  What logic are you using.

Question: If a man pokes a bear and chases it, should the bear be executed for mauling the man? Asking for a friend.
You can’t be serious... lol. The Garrett hit was late, and drove him to the ground, so that’s not grounds to be pissed? That was borderline a personal foul brother... in fact if that were Brady or Rodgers it’s 100% the call. I don’t care what anyone does in a scuffle on the field, you don’t try to kill them. Big yikes dude.

Now he tried to kill him, lol ok.  He gets a flag for pulling a QB down after the ball is released which i understand with the soft NFL rules nowadays.  Also, the main reason for the penalty is for a player driving Rodgers into the ground, breaking his collarbone and now this is being too rough in football.  Just throw the flags on em so no one gets hit anymore and fans aren't whining about tackles.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-15-2019, 01:00 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 12:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: me:  posts a gif I made myself of the incident

poster: maybe you didn't see it, here's a video

Thats the same face im giving you with your assessment of your own self made gif.  It makes no sense at all

Garrett was foolish to continue trying to take Rudolph to the ground. The ball was clearly gone and Rudolph had turned and stood almost upright. But he continued to bring him to the ground unnecessarily. 

It doesn't condone what Rudolph did, but it shows me why he did it. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(here's a gif in case you missed it)

(11-15-2019, 01:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 01:00 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Thats the same face im giving you with your assessment of your own self made gif.  It makes no sense at all

Garrett was foolish to continue trying to take Rudolph to the ground. The ball was clearly gone and Rudolph had turned and stood almost upright. But he continued to bring him to the ground unnecessarily. 

In almost any game this is a flag and its done.  I don't see QB's then trying to start a fight with the player afterwards.  Garrett should be suspended for whacking him when he ran up, Rudolph should get suspended for starting a fight on field during a play, and Pouncey should get suspended for fighting as well.  Garrett should get at minimum 6 games, Rudolph 4 since he got whacked for being stupid, Pouncey should get 5 for fighting and kicking Garrett in the helmet.  One less than garrett since he still had his helmet on.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(11-15-2019, 01:21 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 01:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Garrett was foolish to continue trying to take Rudolph to the ground. The ball was clearly gone and Rudolph had turned and stood almost upright. But he continued to bring him to the ground unnecessarily. 

In almost any game this is a flag and its done.  I don't see QB's then trying to start a fight with the player afterwards.  Garrett should be suspended for whacking him when he ran up, Rudolph should get suspended for starting a fight on field during a play, and Pouncey should get suspended for fighting as well.  Garrett should get at minimum 6 games, Rudolph 4 since he got whacked for being stupid, Pouncey should get 5 for fighting and kicking Garrett in the helmet.  One less than garrett since he still had his helmet on.

Your insistence that Rudolph started this is an opinion I do not agree with. 

I believe he foolishly escalated it.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 01:46 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

(11-15-2019, 01:09 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 01:05 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: You can’t be serious... lol. The Garrett hit was late, and drove him to the ground, so that’s not grounds to be pissed? That was borderline a personal foul brother... in fact if that were Brady or Rodgers it’s 100% the call. I don’t care what anyone does in a scuffle on the field, you don’t try to kill them. Big yikes dude.

Now he tried to kill him, lol ok.  He gets a flag for pulling a QB down after the ball is released which i understand with the soft NFL rules nowadays.  Also, the main reason for the penalty is for a player driving Rodgers into the ground, breaking his collarbone and now this is being too rough in football.  Just throw the flags on em so no one gets hit anymore and fans aren't whining about tackles.

Um. Yes??? I can tell you've never held a real football helmet in your hands, you can seriously injure someone with one, they are not light  pieces of cheap plastic... I'd be worried if some average Joe was swinging one around in a fight, let alone a near 300 lb JACKED NFL linemen. 

Question : Would you let Myles Garrett swing full force with the opposite end(hard end) of the helmet on the top of your skull? Because if Myles had grabbed that helmet, held it any other way than he did, he is doing serious damage with it... Even then, Mason is very fortunate to have ducked out of the way and was hit with the softest part of the helmet. Otherwise, we may be talking about a concussion or worse.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 01:57 PM by Kane.)

(11-15-2019, 01:00 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Thats the same face im giving you with your assessment of your own self made gif.  It makes no sense at all

In this gif you can clearly see, late hit, taken to ground unnecessarily and holding onto Rudolph when he initially tries to get up. Anything Rudolph does at that point is in retaliation to the excessive action by Garrett. The tussle ensues and Rudolph definitely did some things that are flag worthy had the game been continuing but what follows is straight up assault by Garrett.

Anyone who thinks Rudolph did anything worth suspension is being asinine. The "kick to the groin" is while Rudolph is on his back with Garrett on top of him. If he isn't on top of him excessively the kick never happens. 
Should Rudolph have gone after Garrett after he ripped his helmet off violently? Nah, probably not. I can't say I wouldn't have been pretty hot after all that extra curricular.. But that doesn't deserve the sort of retaliation that came with it from Garrett, nor should it constitute a suspension of any sort for Rudolph.

The league has announced that Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey was suspended three games, and Browns defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi was suspended one game.
Nothing for Rudolph.
Fines for teams and players.

Garrett gets an indefinite suspension. Sounds about right.

Good video. He has plenty of time to un-engage. Takes him to the ground and continues it. Randolph didnt try to fight him, it was a nothing scuffle but why Garrett then rips his helmet off and has a good 2 seconds before he starts swinging it. Hes lucky De Castro didnt try and fight him. 

I wonder, this was Randoplhs first game against the Browns, he looks like the guy after Roethlisberger, was this trying to intimidate? Trying to get in his head. Browns played very close to the line yesterday and went over it a few times.

(11-15-2019, 01:21 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 01:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Garrett was foolish to continue trying to take Rudolph to the ground. The ball was clearly gone and Rudolph had turned and stood almost upright. But he continued to bring him to the ground unnecessarily. 

Lol at Garrett 6 games...Pouncey 5 games and Rudolph 4 games.  Are you a Garrett fan by chance?

The league will/has suspend Garrett for the rest of the season/playoffs minimum while the other 2 will get 2 games max.

So you admit that it should have been a flag for a late hit....which is what everyone is saying started the altercation.  The game was over...why finish the hit...you hugged him, ball is gone...let go and go to the locker room.
If you can't get that simple point then there is no helping you.

But C'mon man with the 1 extra game for twisting a helmet off and hitting another "helmetless player" in the head with it compared to hitting/kicking a player with a helmet on...like really?!?

(11-15-2019, 01:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Reminded me of the discipline of a Marrone coached team.

Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread.

Remarkably on-topic.

(11-15-2019, 02:01 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 01:21 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: In almost any game this is a flag and its done.  I don't see QB's then trying to start a fight with the player afterwards.  Garrett should be suspended for whacking him when he ran up, Rudolph should get suspended for starting a fight on field during a play, and Pouncey should get suspended for fighting as well.  Garrett should get at minimum 6 games, Rudolph 4 since he got whacked for being stupid, Pouncey should get 5 for fighting and kicking Garrett in the helmet.  One less than garrett since he still had his helmet on.

Lol at Garrett 6 games...Pouncey 5 games and Rudolph 4 games.  Are you a Garrett fan by chance?

The league will/has suspend Garrett for the rest of the season/playoffs minimum while the other 2 will get 2 games max.

So you admit that it should have been a flag for a late hit....which is what everyone is saying started the altercation.  The game was over...why finish the hit...you hugged him, ball is gone...let go and go to the locker room.
If you can't get that simple point then there is no helping you.

But C'mon man with the 1 extra game for twisting a helmet off and hitting another "helmetless player" in the head with it compared to hitting/kicking a player with a helmet on...like really?!?

Players around the league are blasting Garrett... they legit hate the man now.

(11-15-2019, 01:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Reminded me of the discipline of a Marrone coached team.

(11-15-2019, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 11:45 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Myles was wrong for retaliating when he knew the QB was some scrawny lil dude..  Rudolph shouldn't have started a fight he knew he would lose.  Pouncey did what he was suppose to, even if he didn't square up with him one on one.  The kick to the head was matching petty for petty since he had a guard holding him and tackling him to the ground.  Suspend everyone and move on.

Rudolph didn't start a fight. 

Garrett tackled him to the ground several seconds after he passed the football. That's what started it. 

Rudolph was foolish to escalate it but he was absolutely provoked by being taken to the ground unnecessarily.

Rudolph did start the fight.

Garrett tackle was a late hit. You can see it in almost every game, every week-end : roughing the passer, loss of 15 yards, automatic 1st down.

By trying to ripped off Garrett's helmet, Rudolph start the fight.

(11-15-2019, 02:10 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Rudolph didn't start a fight. 

Garrett tackled him to the ground several seconds after he passed the football. That's what started it. 

Rudolph was foolish to escalate it but he was absolutely provoked by being taken to the ground unnecessarily.

Garrett tackle was a late hit. You can see it in almost every game, every week-end : roughing the passer, loss of 15 yards, automatic 1st down.

Nah, Garrett started it... you can tell by 71s reaction.. GET OFF DUDE THE GAMES OVER!

(11-15-2019, 06:09 AM)PF* Wrote: You almost could see this coming.

The Cleveland team has a Vontaze Burfict vibe to it IMO. Kitchens has instituted zero discipline and Baker Mayfield sets the tone with his words and actions. Throw in the "Dawg Pound" screaming for blood for 3+ hours and its a volatile mix.

Garrett will be gone, likely for the year (Florio is talking banishment over on PFT).

Once the NFL didn't suspend Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams for life, based on this decision, I disagree with Florio's opinion. As horrible as what Myles Garrett did, Gregg Williams directed players on multiple teams he coached to take opposing players out by injuring them. 

(11-15-2019, 12:19 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 01:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Myles Garrett is a [BLEEP]. That guy needs to be suspended the rest of the season. That was flat out, assault with a deadly weapon. Steve Smith said it right, if Garrett would've hit him in a certain spot on his head, he could've paralyzed Rudolph. The game was over, the Browns dominated. Why do something so stupid when the game was essentially over? Props to Pouncey for defending his QB.

No, he is not.

Seems like you (and most people here) don't have a clue about Garrett. Did you even watch the interview after the game? did you hear what Joe Thomas said about Garret? do you know what happened to Garrett a few weeks back?

Pouncey 3 games
Garrett 3 games
Rudolph 2 games

It is funny because if this was Calais, Ngakoue, Bryan or any other jag you guys would be defending the jag and attacking Rudolph, asking for a suspension for him.

No, we wouldn't.  First of all, those guys wouldn't do that.  Second, if they did, I'd say the team should suspend them before the league had a chance to.

(11-15-2019, 02:10 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Rudolph didn't start a fight. 

I see why some feel this way. I just disagree.

For me :   Personal Foul = Instigation

Taking Rudolph to the ground well after the ball was released and Rudolph had nearly disengaged completely was a foul -   and it caused Rudolph to react. 
He reacted stupidly, but his reaction is not instigation in my opinion, but escalation.

(11-15-2019, 02:32 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 12:19 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: No, he is not.

Seems like you (and most people here) don't have a clue about Garrett. Did you even watch the interview after the game? did you hear what Joe Thomas said about Garret? do you know what happened to Garrett a few weeks back?

Pouncey 3 games
Garrett 3 games
Rudolph 2 games

It is funny because if this was Calais, Ngakoue, Bryan or any other jag you guys would be defending the jag and attacking Rudolph, asking for a suspension for him.

No, we wouldn't.  First of all, those guys wouldn't do that.  Second, if they did, I'd say the team should suspend them before the league had a chance to.

What Myles Garrett did last night was pronounced to the point that it brought back bad memories of when ( 1976 ) then Browns DE Joe 'Turkey' Jones' lifted, swung, and body slammed Steelers QB Terry Bradshaw into the grass field. Bradshaw suffered a season ending broken collarbone as a result.

From what I have seen most of the punishments handed out so far by the NFL are justified.

Myles Garrett - Suspended Indefinitely without pay - I would make it 16 games not including the post-season.
Maurkice Pouncey - Suspended 3 games without pay
Larry Ogunjobi - Suspended 1 game without pay - I think 3 games would have been more appropriate.

It doesn't really matter as far as "who started it".  It was garbage time and not justified at all.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-15-2019, 02:52 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: From what I have seen most of the punishments handed out so far by the NFL are justified.

Myles Garrett - Suspended Indefinitely without pay - I would make it 16 games not including the post-season.
Maurkice Pouncey - Suspended 3 games without pay
Larry Ogunjobi - Suspended 1 game without pay - I think 3 games would have been more appropriate.

It doesn't really matter as far as "who started it".  It was garbage time and not justified at all.

It's good to see the NFL take a proactive approach with this horrific incident. The league needed to send a message well before the games this coming Sunday that there are severe consequences when a player endangers the health of others on an NFL field.

After first viewing of the altercation I didn't even notice that Rudolph had been grabbing and twisting Garrett's helmet, but he clearly was, and he should be suspended, too, even if not for as long. The NFL continues to exhibit problems on issues like this. Just because he got tackled late isn't any excuse for that kind of action, and it led directly to what happened.

Tackling people is part of the game, trying to twist their neck and pull their helmet off isn't. I'm disappointed that the whole browns team didn't come to Garrett's defense.

Rudolph should be suspended.