Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rudolph, Garrett and DeCastro...

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 10:15 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(11-17-2019, 01:48 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Myles Garrett would never play another down in the NFL if it was up to me. In my opinion it’s aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

Like most have said, it’s a non football play.

The NFL cannot afford to have thugs that can’t control themselves accordingly. I applaud the league for suspending him indefinitely. I think he should be banned for life.

Laughing

Rudolph is an idiot and should be suspended, he did start the fight.
Pouncey kicked Garrett's head while he was on the ground and he only gets 3 games lol

NFL is a joke.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-16-2019, 11:00 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 08:45 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Well in this case the adjudicating body pretty much did find him completely innocent. 

I actually didn't offer my opinion, just kinda chuckling at your tantrum over this. Carry on bud.

Tantrum?? Hardly lol....and I heard fines were coming for Rudolph...soooo not completely innocent

(11-16-2019, 09:26 PM)Jags Wrote: Add me to the non weirdo list.  Wait, does that now bring it to say, ...91%??

LMAO...you claim yourself to be 1% of this board.... Try   .0000000000001% if that

If you don’t understand the joke, I can’t help you.

(11-17-2019, 10:13 AM)iFor Haunting Raven Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 01:48 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Myles Garrett would never play another down in the NFL if it was up to me. In my opinion it’s aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

Like most have said, it’s a non football play.

The NFL cannot afford to have thugs that can’t control themselves accordingly. I applaud the league for suspending him indefinitely. I think he should be banned for life.

Laughing

Pouncey kicked Garrett's head while he was on the ground and he only gets 3 games lol

NFL is a joke.

For once (well, maybe more), I agree with you. Standing over a guy and repeatedly kicking him in the head clearly crosses the line. 

Nejags has a point with Rudolph and the back and forth discussion here has been good.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 07:24 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-17-2019, 11:02 AM)Jags Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 11:00 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Tantrum?? Hardly lol....and I heard fines were coming for Rudolph...soooo not completely innocent

LMAO...you claim yourself to be 1% of this board.... Try   .0000000000001% if that

If you don’t understand the joke, I can’t help you.

Sorry not my problem if it was a stupid [BLEEP] joke

(11-17-2019, 11:39 AM)PF* Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 10:13 AM)iFor Haunting Raven Wrote: Laughing

NFL is a joke.

For once (well, maybe more), I agree with you. Standing over a guy and repeatedly kicking him in the head clearly crosses the line. 

Nejags has a point with Rudolph and the back and forth discussion here has been good.

Thank you I don't think I'm a weirdo for thinking such....

(11-17-2019, 07:23 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 11:02 AM)Jags Wrote: If you don’t understand the joke, I can’t help you.

(11-17-2019, 11:39 AM)PF* Wrote: For once (well, maybe more), I agree with you. Standing over a guy and repeatedly kicking him in the head clearly crosses the line. 

Thank you I don't think I'm a weirdo for thinking such

It’s been a long running joke on this board for years.   Again, if you don’t understand it, no need to be a dick.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 12:39 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(11-17-2019, 07:23 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 11:02 AM)Jags Wrote: If you don’t understand the joke, I can’t help you.

(11-17-2019, 11:39 AM)PF* Wrote: For once (well, maybe more), I agree with you. Standing over a guy and repeatedly kicking him in the head clearly crosses the line. 

Just let it go.  Garrett will get the brunt of the fallout.  It's basically this scenario.....A scrawny punk kid talks smack and tries to fight a gym rat that can fight.  Scrawny guy gets beat up real bad and everyone ignores what he did and says that the gym rat went too far and should've took the high road.  Usually its the other punks that defend him and claims the bigger guy attacked the little one for no legitimate reason.  Only difference is that its a football player and some members of this board are the other punks, siding with the punk that put his foot in his mouth. Typical fight type of situation where the instigator gets beat up and everyone gangs up on the other guy trying to frame him. Its a shame there is video evidence and this is actually a debate. Just shows how people were raised when they see things upside down and act like they are the intelligent ones.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(11-18-2019, 12:36 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 07:23 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Sorry not my problem if it was a stupid [BLEEP] joke

Its a shame there is video evidence and this is actually a debate.  Just shows how people were raised when they see things upside down and act like they are the intelligent ones.

Funny that this is such a big deal to a few of you. 
It's like two kids pointing at each other saying "but he started it."  

The CBS pregame crew actually debated this same point yesterday and Boomer Esiason thought that Garrett made a mistake taking Rudolph to the ground rather than disengaging. Nate Burleson disagreed.  
It's very easy to see why each of them have their own opinions.  

The "intelligence" element comes into play when you refuse to understand or appreciate why someone may have a different perspective than you in such a trivial debate.  That particular choice is indeed unintelligent. 

Well, that and the fact that you think this silly debate tells you something about how someone was raised.

Big Grin 

(11-18-2019, 12:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 12:36 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: ...

Its a shame there is video evidence and this is actually a debate.  Just shows how people were raised when they see things upside down and act like they are the intelligent ones.

The CBS pregame crew actually debated this same point yesterday and Boomer Esiason thought that Garrett made a mistake taking Rudolph to the ground rather than disengaging. Nate Burleson disagreed.  

The "intelligence" element comes into play when you refuse to understand or appreciate why someone may have a different perspective than you in such a trivial debate.  That particular choice is indeed unintelligent. 

Well, that and the fact that you think this silly debate tells you something about how someone was raised.

Nailed it.

(11-18-2019, 12:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 12:36 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: ...

If thats what you feel then cool.  It was already stated that others, like yourself, see things differently.  Now using that same intelligence, some posters who agree with your side, point fingers at mine and say we dont know what we are talking about.  Now the stance is, its unintelligent to say that yall dont know how to see our point of view and have no idea how to look at both sides and see what i feel escalated it.  I don't have time for the games. I do however, feel that how someone is raised helps them switch up debates to fit their own original opinion, while trying to say they are being objective.  

Your are excellent at it.  Enjoy.  Either we are absolutley right, wrong, or have a point.  This topic stated i was wrong, don't switch up now.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Just when you thought it was over...

So appeals were heard today. Garrett's was upheld but he claimed Rudolph said a racial slur before he hit him with the helmet. Rudolph has denied this and the league has said they have found no evidence. Garrett hasn't mentioned this before at any point but has come out after his appeal and confirmed he heard it so well see how that goes.

Pouncey had his ban reduced to 2 games.

(11-21-2019, 09:07 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Just when you thought it was over...

So appeals were heard today. Garrett's was upheld but he claimed Rudolph said a racial slur before he hit him with the helmet. Rudolph has denied this and the league has said they have found no evidence. Garrett hasn't mentioned this before at any point but has come out after his appeal and confirmed he heard it so well see how that goes.

I was waiting to see how long he would go before pulling the race card. He was so heated during the fight that he clubbed Rudolph over the head with a helmet, but when asked what happened when the game was over, he never mentions a racial slur? I'm not buying it. He didn't realize the seriousness of what he did after the game, but when he started feeling the backlash and got handed his punishment, he tries to shift the blame the only way that kind of scenario could possibly shifted, by saying Rudolph used a racial slur. Too little, too late. No one believes him. Think about it. Maurkice Puncey was right on top of things during the brawl, do you think he would have defended Rudolph like he did, if he thought his QB was a racist? It doesn't make sense. Garrett is now a bigger scumbag in my eyes than he was before for making such a nonsensical accusation.

Doesn't the NFL have guys mic'd up during games. Refs too right?
I'm sure if he said what is alleged there'd be some proof right?

I mean, Rudolph has been in the NFL for a couple years now right... he ever come off as a guy that would say those type of things?

What a weak cop-out and still not a good excuse for what he did.
Just like when LF tried to use it as an excuse as to why he wanted to climb into the stands to fight a fan...

Sometimes people say dumb things, and hitting them just isn't ever a good answer. No matter what. No matter where.

(11-22-2019, 01:33 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I was waiting to see how long he would go before pulling the race card. He was so heated during the fight that he clubbed Rudolph over the head with a helmet, but when asked what happened when the game was over, he never mentions a racial slur? I'm not buying it. He didn't realize the seriousness of what he did after the game, but when he started feeling the backlash and got handed his punishment, he tries to shift the blame the only way that kind of scenario could possibly shifted, by saying Rudolph used a racial slur. Too little, too late. No one believes him. Think about it. Maurkice Puncey was right on top of things during the brawl, do you think he would have defended Rudolph like he did, if he thought his QB was a racist? It doesn't make sense. Garrett is now a bigger scumbag in my eyes than he was before for making such a nonsensical accusation.

Yep, the way Pouncey immediately starts to defend his QB you know he didn't say a damn thing.. and you aren't whispering crap on a football field.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2019, 02:11 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

What a joke. That idiot kicked Garrett in the head when he was on the floor, which is way worse than what Garrett did.

(11-22-2019, 12:37 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 01:33 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I was waiting to see how long he would go before pulling the race card. He was so heated during the fight that he clubbed Rudolph over the head with a helmet, but when asked what happened when the game was over, he never mentions a racial slur? I'm not buying it. He didn't realize the seriousness of what he did after the game, but when he started feeling the backlash and got handed his punishment, he tries to shift the blame the only way that kind of scenario could possibly shifted, by saying Rudolph used a racial slur. Too little, too late. No one believes him. Think about it. Maurkice Puncey was right on top of things during the brawl, do you think he would have defended Rudolph like he did, if he thought his QB was a racist? It doesn't make sense. Garrett is now a bigger scumbag in my eyes than he was before for making such a nonsensical accusation.

Yep, the way Pouncey immediately starts to defend his QB you know he didn't say a damn thing.. and you aren't whispering crap on a football field.

Either way he started the fight, he was the first to grab a helmet he should have been suspended as well.

I bet if it was Garrett who kicked Rudolphs head (with a helmet on) he would have been banned for life.

We can't know for sure if Rudolph said something racist or not, but to me it kinda makes sense, that would explain why Garrett got so mad at someone he can easily kick his butt.

(11-22-2019, 02:16 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I bet if it was Garrett who kicked Rudolphs head (with a helmet on) he would have been banned for life.

We can't know for sure if Rudolph said something racist or not, but to me it kinda makes sense, that would explain why Garrett got so mad at someone he can easily kick his butt.

No it doesn't, or he would have said it immediately after the event to all the cameras very angrily.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2019, 02:30 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(11-22-2019, 02:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 02:16 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I bet if it was Garrett who kicked Rudolphs head (with a helmet on) he would have been banned for life.

No it doesn't, or he would have said it immediately after the event to all the cameras very angrily.

I said "kinda".

You can't assure he didn't say it.

(11-22-2019, 12:37 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 01:33 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I was waiting to see how long he would go before pulling the race card. He was so heated during the fight that he clubbed Rudolph over the head with a helmet, but when asked what happened when the game was over, he never mentions a racial slur? I'm not buying it. He didn't realize the seriousness of what he did after the game, but when he started feeling the backlash and got handed his punishment, he tries to shift the blame the only way that kind of scenario could possibly shifted, by saying Rudolph used a racial slur. Too little, too late. No one believes him. Think about it. Maurkice Puncey was right on top of things during the brawl, do you think he would have defended Rudolph like he did, if he thought his QB was a racist? It doesn't make sense. Garrett is now a bigger scumbag in my eyes than he was before for making such a nonsensical accusation.

Also, Pouncey wasn't even near then, only DeCastro.

(11-22-2019, 02:29 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 02:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: No it doesn't, or he would have said it immediately after the event to all the cameras very angrily.

I said "kinda".

You can't assure he didn't say it.

(11-22-2019, 12:37 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Yep, the way Pouncey immediately starts to defend his QB you know he didn't say a damn thing.. and you aren't whispering crap on a football field.

Also, Pouncey wasn't even near then, only DeCastro.

It's a football stadium with thousands of loud people.. no one is hearing anyone unless it's shouted

(11-22-2019, 01:33 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

It certainly seems odd that the first mention was at his appeal. Like you say, there was at least 3 Steelers players, the ref and multiple camera angles. He spoke after the game and the day after and made no mention. If the league had evidence they would not sit on that especially with all the Kaepernick stuff.

Only him and Rudolph know, and it's a very serious allegation and a racial abuse is serious. I'd like to think Garrett wouldn't stoop that low but like you say, there was an enormous backlash in the media, was this trying to get to lessen the punishment?

Rudolph is fined $50,000.... Should be way more and should have suspensions