Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kaepernick workout

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 07:47 PM by jaglyn.)

This is a "cover our a" move by Jags in case there is a backlash

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-16-2019, 05:58 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's all just a media stunt.

I wonder how many of the 25 teams "confirmed" to attend are sending scouting interns?

He brought Nike to make a new commercial. Supposedly Nike was already setup at the new location. No team wants an old, average at best QB. They would rather draft younger QBs with potential.

This was a joke to begin with because he doesn't want to play again. If he wanted to play, he would be in the XFL or CFL showing he could play.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

ESPN reported that Kap's reps stated there were 8 teams that showed up.

So the NFL workout was a complete sham, as expected. Kap just made them look really foolish

It was so painfully obvious the NFL had other motives for the workout and Kap exposed them pretty badly today.

It's actually impressive how poor the NFL is at this stuff

Correct, but for the wrong reasons.

The sham was Kap and his attention begging "workout," not the NFL.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

He will never play another down. The NFL will not allow players to take a knee during the National Anthem. It was disgusting the way he kneeled.

Too many good men and women fought for our rights and our freedom.

It was definitely a sham.

People that want jobs don’t insult the owners during the interview.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 09:28 AM by Mowerguy.)

(11-17-2019, 01:31 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He will never play another down. The NFL will not allow players to take a knee during the National Anthem. It was disgusting the way he kneeled.

Too many good men and women fought for our rights and our freedom.

It was definitely a sham.

Seeing the recent picture of this ungrateful so and so with his black suit and gold chain...still makes me want to puke.
Please make it stop.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

What an absolute mess. This seemed to be the NFL trying to cover it's A. Kaepernick had said he was black balled and the fact hed not even had a workout for teams playing 3rd string QB's it looked like he had a point.

But he cancels 30 mins before as theres no press and arranges his own workout. I saw Stephen A. Smith say he doesn't want to play, he wants to be a martyr. And I kind of agree with him.

None of them have come out of this looking good.

I just don't care anymore. I don't know who would. I DO think there might be a team nuts enough to take a chance on him, but who would that be? I first thought, "Miami" but then I remembered when he wore that Malcom X shirt, and dealt with that reporter regarding Castro....that would PROBABLY not go over well, eh?

(11-16-2019, 08:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: It was so painfully obvious the NFL had other motives for the workout and Kap exposed them pretty badly today.

What other motives?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 11:34 AM by JagNGeorgia.)

(11-17-2019, 09:45 AM)Nikowho Wrote: I just don't care anymore. I don't know who would. I DO think there might be a team nuts enough to take a chance on him, but who would that be? I first thought, "Miami" but then I remembered when he wore that Malcom X shirt, and dealt with that reporter regarding Castro....that would PROBABLY not go over well, eh?

He showed up out of shape. No way has he been training every day. He still has a strong arm, but he looked bad in the videos I saw. I doubt anyone saw anything that is worth the drama they’d get from signing him. Stephen A is right.

(11-17-2019, 09:57 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 08:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: It was so painfully obvious the NFL had other motives for the workout and Kap exposed them pretty badly today.

What other motives?

The NFL wanted him to sign a waiver releasing him from all past, present and future liability arising from his ongoing status of not being worth the trouble. Neither side was being forthright about their intentions. The NFL wanted to be able to say once and for all that they made every effort to find him a home, but no team was interested in signing him after seeing how badly his skills had fallen off. Kap wants a commercial and another settlement. No one was going to get what they wanted out of it, so both sides packed up and went home.

(11-17-2019, 12:53 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 09:57 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: What other motives?

The NFL wanted him to sign a waiver releasing him from all past, present and future liability arising from his ongoing status of not being worth the trouble. Neither side was being forthright about their intentions. The NFL wanted to be able to say once and for all that they made every effort to find him a home, but no team was interested in signing him after seeing how badly his skills had fallen off. Kap wants a commercial and another settlement. No one was going to get what they wanted out of it, so both sides packed up and went home.

So they wanted him to sign a standard waiver that any free agent would be asked to sign for a workout.  What's the issue?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-17-2019, 01:07 PM)Red jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 12:53 PM)TJBender Wrote: The NFL wanted him to sign a waiver releasing him from all past, present and future liability arising from his ongoing status of not being worth the trouble. Neither side was being forthright about their intentions. The NFL wanted to be able to say once and for all that they made every effort to find him a home, but no team was interested in signing him after seeing how badly his skills had fallen off. Kap wants a commercial and another settlement. No one was going to get what they wanted out of it, so both sides packed up and went home.

So they wanted him to sign a standard waiver that any free agent would be asked to sign for a workout.  What's the issue?

Maybe you missed the part about it not being a standard waiver? They wanted him to release any and all claims he may have, had or will have against them surrounding his ongoing unemployment. That’s not a standard waiver, but I think you knew that.

(11-18-2019, 03:21 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 01:07 PM)Red jagibelieve Wrote: So they wanted him to sign a standard waiver that any free agent would be asked to sign for a workout.  What's the issue?

Maybe you missed the part about it not being a standard waiver? They wanted him to release any and all claims he may have, had or will have against them surrounding his ongoing unemployment. That’s not a standard waiver, but I think you knew that.

Maybe you missed otherwise?

Quote:» On Wednesday, we sent Colin's representatives a standard liability waiver based on the waiver used by National Invitational Camp at all NFL Combines and by NFL clubs when trying out free agent players. At noon today, Colin's representatives sent a completely rewritten and insufficient waiver.

The fact of the matter is teams have everything to lose and nothing to gain by signing CK. His skills are pedestrian but his notoriety is toxic. It’s not a difficult decision, for any team, to pass on him. Like Caldrac said, he now sleeps in the bed he made.

(11-18-2019, 05:58 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 03:21 AM)TJBender Wrote: Maybe you missed the part about it not being a standard waiver? They wanted him to release any and all claims he may have, had or will have against them surrounding his ongoing unemployment. That’s not a standard waiver, but I think you knew that.

Maybe you missed otherwise?

Quote:» On Wednesday, we sent Colin's representatives a standard liability waiver based on the waiver used by National Invitational Camp at all NFL Combines and by NFL clubs when trying out free agent players. At noon today, Colin's representatives sent a completely rewritten and insufficient waiver.

Maybe you're just buying into the league's narrative because it fits with what you want the story to be?

Both sides went into this in bad faith. Neither side intended for this to result in a job offer. Kap wanted more legal ammunition for a second settlement, and the NFL wanted to find a way to eliminate any possibility of future collusion findings (the "nuclear option" that would void the CBA and place all the leverage in the known universe into the NFLPA's lap). You're not going to find a fan of Kaepernick in me. He was an overrated QB who was figured out by defenses. The whole thing was a farce on the part of all involved, but you just don't seem to be interested in acknowledging that the NFL acted in as bad of faith as Kap.

Maybe you should consider changing that avatar from Spock to General Chang.