Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kaepernick workout

Uncle Rico had a better workout.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anyone else notice that the few passes they showed on the highlights were very wobbly ?

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 01:16 PM by Mikey.)

(11-16-2019, 08:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: So the NFL workout was a complete sham, as expected. Kap just made them look really foolish

See I took it the other way - refusing to do the workout on the league's terms and altering the plan in the 11th hour was highly unprofessional. If you are serious about a comeback, you go, you blow the doors off the building, then you gripe about the things you weren't happy with when you have a microphone in front of you.

It screamed of more of the same to be expected by whoever takes a chance on him, if there are any takers. His complete unwillingness to bend, compromise, or attempt to work within someone else's boundaries confirmed that the leopard's spots have not changed.

I had zero interest before this workout, and somehow now have even less.

(11-16-2019, 10:04 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/kevinmdraper/status/...49760?s=09

...I may not be a marketing guru, but why the fart do you need team names for an ad about a guy 3 years removed from the league? Especially if none of them end up signing him?

...Nike gonna burn the bridges they have with all the teams that no-show? ...They gonna applaud the teams that sent an intern to take a few notes?

I smell rats.

(11-18-2019, 11:36 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 05:58 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: Maybe you missed otherwise?

Maybe you're just buying into the league's narrative because it fits with what you want the story to be?

Both sides went into this in bad faith. Neither side intended for this to result in a job offer. Kap wanted more legal ammunition for a second settlement, and the NFL wanted to find a way to eliminate any possibility of future collusion findings (the "nuclear option" that would void the CBA and place all the leverage in the known universe into the NFLPA's lap). You're not going to find a fan of Kaepernick in me. He was an overrated QB who was figured out by defenses. The whole thing was a farce on the part of all involved, but you just don't seem to be interested in acknowledging that the NFL acted in as bad of faith as Kap.

Maybe you should consider changing that avatar from Spock to General Chang.

In other words, he wants to "supposedly" be employed by the NFL, but wants to deviate from their rules for employment.

This is just a media stunt.  From the article that I referenced.

Quote:» We heard for the first time last night, around the same time we heard from Nike, that Colin wanted to bring his own video crew. We heard for the first time this afternoon that Colin wanted to open the event to all media.

» We agreed to have Colin's representatives on the field while the workout was being conducted and to allow them to see how it was being recorded. We did so even though we have been clear from the beginning that this is private workout. As is typical with NFL Combines, one video crew was prepared to shoot and distribute video of the interview and workout. We confirmed with Colin's representatives that they would receive both the video that would be sent to all 32 clubs as well as the raw footage from the entire event, which is unprecedented.

This was never about a waiver, it was about putting it out on media.  He doesn't want to return to the NFL, he wants footage for Nike commercials and to advance his agenda.  No team is going to be stupid enough to sign this guy either for his "talent" or because of the baggage that he brings.

Seriously.  What team is going to be stupid enough to sign a 32 year old QB that is not very talented (compared to what is out there now) with all of the baggage that it would bring?  How would he be an upgrade not only to starting QB's in the league, but also backups?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-18-2019, 05:45 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 11:36 AM)TJBender Wrote: Maybe you're just buying into the league's narrative because it fits with what you want the story to be?

Both sides went into this in bad faith. Neither side intended for this to result in a job offer. Kap wanted more legal ammunition for a second settlement, and the NFL wanted to find a way to eliminate any possibility of future collusion findings (the "nuclear option" that would void the CBA and place all the leverage in the known universe into the NFLPA's lap). You're not going to find a fan of Kaepernick in me. He was an overrated QB who was figured out by defenses. The whole thing was a farce on the part of all involved, but you just don't seem to be interested in acknowledging that the NFL acted in as bad of faith as Kap.

Maybe you should consider changing that avatar from Spock to General Chang.

In other words, he wants to "supposedly" be employed by the NFL, but wants to deviate from their rules for employment.

This is just a media stunt.  From the article that I referenced.

Quote:» We heard for the first time last night, around the same time we heard from Nike, that Colin wanted to bring his own video crew. We heard for the first time this afternoon that Colin wanted to open the event to all media.

» We agreed to have Colin's representatives on the field while the workout was being conducted and to allow them to see how it was being recorded. We did so even though we have been clear from the beginning that this is private workout. As is typical with NFL Combines, one video crew was prepared to shoot and distribute video of the interview and workout. We confirmed with Colin's representatives that they would receive both the video that would be sent to all 32 clubs as well as the raw footage from the entire event, which is unprecedented.

This was never about a waiver, it was about putting it out on media.  He doesn't want to return to the NFL, he wants footage for Nike commercials and to advance his agenda.  No team is going to be stupid enough to sign this guy either for his "talent" or because of the baggage that he brings.

Seriously.  What team is going to be stupid enough to sign a 32 year old QB that is not very talented (compared to what is out there now) with all of the baggage that it would bring?  How would he be an upgrade not only to starting QB's in the league, but also backups?

Going to throw this out there just for lulz, then address your points (short version, we pretty much agree): https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...aepernick/

Kaepernick was absolutely, unquestionably required to sign a waiver more broad in scope than one he would have been asked to sign for a team. The NFL wanted to deviate from its own rules, not the other way around.

Now, to the broader point, no one ever expected (or wanted) Kap to work out. He wanted more ammo that the league is actively trying to keep him out. The NFL walked right into the trap with Jeff Pash's poorly laid plan involving a nonstandard waiver. They, of course, wanted a loophole to get Kaepernick out of their hair once and for all. They didn't get it, but luckily Kap made enough of an [BLEEP] of himself with the camera crew and open media nonsense that even if he had taken the field and lit it up, I think most fans would understand passing on him given the circus he drew to Atlanta with him.

Neither side really got what they wanted. If anyone got more, it was Kap. He now has a piece of paper (several pieces, actually) that could be placed in front of a judge alongside a normal tryout waiver to get the ball rolling on additional collusion claims. That's what the NFL absolutely needed to avoid giving Kaepernick, and that's what they gave him. Of course, this whole mess isn't going to get him a new team anytime soon, but that was never really the idea in the first place, was it? Kap wants a settlement and may or may not be an NFLPA stooge looking to prove collusion. Hell, the NFL's best bet for getting rid of him might be to say, "Hey, Shad, sign Kaepernick, start him for a couple of games, draw up a game plan so idiotic that it makes him look like the second coming of Craig Whelihan, then unceremoniously dump him in the offseason after we all see how [BLEEP] he is. Maybe we'll take a couple of zeroes off of that London relocation fee in a few years for your trouble."

It's like Stephen A Smith said on ESPN. Kaepernick doesn't want to play in the NFL. He just wants to continue being a martyr.

(11-18-2019, 01:13 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 08:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: So the NFL workout was a complete sham, as expected. Kap just made them look really foolish

See I took it the other way - refusing to do the workout on the league's terms and altering the plan in the 11th hour was highly unprofessional. If you are serious about a comeback, you go, you blow the doors off the building, then you gripe about the things you weren't happy with when you have a microphone in front of you.

It screamed of more of the same to be expected by whoever takes a chance on him, if there are any takers. His complete unwillingness to bend, compromise, or attempt to work within someone else's boundaries confirmed that the leopard's spots have not changed.

I had zero interest before this workout, and somehow now have even less.

(11-16-2019, 10:04 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/kevinmdraper/status/...49760?s=09

...I may not be a marketing guru, but why the fart do you need team names for an ad about a guy 3 years removed from the league? Especially if none of them end up signing him?

...Nike gonna burn the bridges they have with all the teams that no-show? ...They gonna applaud the teams that sent an intern to take a few notes?

I smell rats.

Nah the NFLs plan was : A) Force Kap into this hastily planned workout , get him to sign the waiver protecting them from lawsuits and then when nobody signs him they can say they did everything they could and B) if Kap decided to decline they could now definitively say he never wanted to play anyway and were cleared. 

Unfortunately, like many NFL schemes, it was so poorly planned everyone knew it was a scam once it was announced. From the lack of any contact with Kaps camp, to the NFL higher ups not being there, to the lies, no cameras allowed etc etc there was a ton of red flags, and the media announced these prior to the event. Then the day of the event comes and they try spring a waiver on him.  

Kap managed to show that their intentions were never pure and that not all of those teams were even bothered signing him, they were just told to be there. Its been a huge PR error for the NFL

he is beyond belief

[Image: the-nfl-died-of-colin-cancer-28387358.png]
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Stephen A. nailed it: Kapernick wanted to be a martyr.

That's it. He was looking for another 15 minutes. So glad it backfired on him.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Three to four years out of the league. Chance for a comeback is usually very, very slim to none!
Ready for April Showers, Easter, Spring Fever!

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2019, 02:33 AM by JackCity.)

https://twitter.com/WALLACHLEGAL/status/...94660?s=09

Almost like there was other motives to all of this.

Whatever.

The dude already sued them and got a settlement for the supposed collusion. The NFL is just trying to keep him from trying to sue them again when no one takes a chance on a aging qb who got benched for Blaine Freaking Gabbert!!

If his issue was the waiver and not trusting the NFL at all, why didn’t he just hold his own workout from the get go? He obviously had no trouble setting it up at the last minute, so with more planning on his part, he could have got everything he wanted from the start.

And is it the norm for the NFL to host workouts for unsigned free agents like this?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-19-2019, 07:56 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: The dude already sued them and got a settlement for the supposed collusion. The NFL is just trying to keep him from trying to sue them again when no one takes a chance on a aging qb who got benched for Blaine Freaking Gabbert!!

If his issue was the waiver and not trusting the NFL at all, why didn’t he just hold his own workout from the get go? He obviously had no trouble setting it up at the last minute, so with more planning on his part, he could have got everything he wanted from the start.  

And is it the norm for the NFL to host workouts for unsigned free agents like this?

Good points. I think it’s the whole “truth to power” thingy he has going on there..or something.

I think Rodger should give the team with the worst OL in the NFL an extra draft pick under the stipulation they sign CK and let him start the remainder of the year.

(11-19-2019, 07:56 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: The dude already sued them and got a settlement for the supposed collusion. The NFL is just trying to keep him from trying to sue them again when no one takes a chance on a aging qb who got benched for Blaine Freaking Gabbert!!

The NFL wants to be able to say that they went above and beyond trying to find him a job, but he's just not capable of playing at an NFL level. They also really, really wanted that waiver signed. It's not in any way, shape or form normal for the NFL to host a "pro day lite" for a street free agent, although it's not unheard of for a guy to host one himself. I think TO might have done that towards the end of his career, and Kap ended up doing that himself after (probably) hearing from his representation that it would probably be a good idea to do so at risk of hurting his "they're impeding me" argument.

Kap wants to hold the NFL to the fire and try to make a second claim of collusion. The first settlement only covered actions up to that point. If his intent is to argue that new violations have taken place since then, he can file another suit. If you're looking for a criminal analogy, it's like breaking into your neighbor's house on December 1st, being convicted on December 15th, then breaking into their house again on December 31st. The first B&E has already been accounted for, but that doesn't absolve you from responsibility for the second.

I think his endgame here is to get a judgment stating that collusion took place, and I think the NFLPA is driving the bus to that. Collusion invalidates the CBA instantly. Can he do it? I don't think so, because I think the NFL would pay Kap directly again if it came down to it, probably more than the NFLPA could.

(11-19-2019, 08:24 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I think Rodger should give the team with the worst OL in the NFL an extra draft pick under the stipulation they sign CK and let him start the remainder of the year.

So basically, Kap is about to be a Jaguar.

(11-19-2019, 10:02 AM)TJBender Wrote:

The NFL wants to be able to say that they went above and beyond trying to find him a job, but he's just not capable of playing at an NFL level. They also really, really wanted that waiver signed. It's not in any way, shape or form normal for the NFL to host a "pro day lite" for a street free agent, although it's not unheard of for a guy to host one himself. I think TO might have done that towards the end of his career, and Kap ended up doing that himself after (probably) hearing from his representation that it would probably be a good idea to do so at risk of hurting his "they're impeding me" argument.

Kap wants to hold the NFL to the fire and try to make a second claim of collusion. The first settlement only covered actions up to that point. If his intent is to argue that new violations have taken place since then, he can file another suit. If you're looking for a criminal analogy, it's like breaking into your neighbor's house on December 1st, being convicted on December 15th, then breaking into their house again on December 31st. The first B&E has already been accounted for, but that doesn't absolve you from responsibility for the second.

I think his endgame here is to get a judgment stating that collusion took place, and I think the NFLPA is driving the bus to that. Collusion invalidates the CBA instantly. Can he do it? I don't think so, because I think the NFL would pay Kap directly again if it came down to it, probably more than the NFLPA could.

(11-19-2019, 08:24 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I think Rodger should give the team with the worst OL in the NFL an extra draft pick under the stipulation they sign CK and let him start the remainder of the year.

Lol, I was thinking that as I typed it.

(11-19-2019, 10:07 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 10:02 AM)TJBender Wrote: The NFL wants to be able to say that they went above and beyond trying to find him a job, but he's just not capable of playing at an NFL level. They also really, really wanted that waiver signed. It's not in any way, shape or form normal for the NFL to host a "pro day lite" for a street free agent, although it's not unheard of for a guy to host one himself. I think TO might have done that towards the end of his career, and Kap ended up doing that himself after (probably) hearing from his representation that it would probably be a good idea to do so at risk of hurting his "they're impeding me" argument.

Lol, I was thinking that as I typed it.

I dunno... Washington OL was playing so poorly Haskins was begging them Sunday "What can I do to help you?!"

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2019, 10:29 AM by Mikey.)

(11-19-2019, 02:33 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/WALLACHLEGAL/status/...94660?s=09

Almost like there was other motives to all of this.

I really don't care about the dang waiver.

The whole issue of canceling and holding a workout at a different facility 30 minutes in advance of the scheduled workout is quite unprofessional. If some future collusion paragraph was the sticking point, get everyone (read: lawyas) in a room to get those clauses stricken or rewritten, and hold the workout where everyone was scheduled.

Relocating the workout because he wanted to do it on his terms alone, whether that was due to no waiver, wanting video to be available, or because the turf was a more preferable shade of green, was highly inconsiderate of all the scouts, media, and others who were there to take in the reps.

Frankly if I were a GM, and my delegated scout called with that news, I'd advise them not to bother heading to the other site.  He is who we thought he was. He's made his bed, now he gets to sleep in it.

posts like these make me regret that we no longer have the luxury of a reputation button.

Does anyone even consider the fact that an alternate location was conveniently available and set up 30 minutes prior to the "planned workout"?  The logistics of moving to an alternate location doesn't "just happen" quickly, especially given the time-frame.

It was a media stunt from the beginning and though I usually don't agree with him I think that Stephan A. Smith was right on point.  It was never about a waiver and never about him wanting to play again.  He just wants media exposure and eventually to cash in.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.