Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Todd Wash...

(11-17-2019, 04:30 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Was he the one who benched Minshew?

Can Minshew tackle?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-18-2019, 10:07 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 09:59 AM)FBT Wrote: Flip called 9 running plays in a game that they were still in through halftime, starting a QB who hadn't taken a game snap since week 1.  He needs to go as well.

Our down a d distance is pathetic.  In the third quarter third down average was 7 plus.  Teams with injuries everywhere still own us. 

Tacks are going to hang 300 on the ground. Why bother throwing a pass.

Yup.  Completely agree.  Tennessee could be sniffing around record breaking territory with Henry carrying the ball against this pathetic excuse for a defense.  They don't need to throw a pass.  But hey, we're Sacksonville, right?

Meanwhile, Flip will call 90% pass plays on offense despite the fact that the offensive line looks like a bunch of Pop Warner rejects vs. NFL talent.  

It's only a matter of time before the locker room completely comes off the rails.  We thought the end of the season last year was bad?  We ain't seen nothing yet.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-18-2019, 10:25 AM)FBT Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 10:07 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Our down a d distance is pathetic.  In the third quarter third down average was 7 plus.  Teams with injuries everywhere still own us. 

Tacks are going to hang 300 on the ground. Why bother throwing a pass.

Yup.  Completely agree.  Tennessee could be sniffing around record breaking territory with Henry carrying the ball against this pathetic excuse for a defense.  They don't need to throw a pass.  But hey, we're Sacksonville, right?

Meanwhile, Flip will call 90% pass plays on offense despite the fact that the offensive line looks like a bunch of Pop Warner rejects vs. NFL talent.  

It's only a matter of time before the locker room completely comes off the rails.  We thought the end of the season last year was bad?  We ain't seen nothing yet.

If the locker room has to come off the rails in order to make changes, then so be it. This organization loves to hang onto putrid coaches and players until the last minute..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Wash held the Colts to 125 Yards Passing --- #1 against the Pass this week !!!!

(11-18-2019, 10:34 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Wash held the Colts to 125 Yards Passing --- #1 against the Pass this week !!!!

You joke, but when the dust settles and the anger has passed, there are people who will use this stat to support their position that Wash isn't the problem.

They weren't "held" to 125 yards by wimp wash .....they held themselves
because they we doing so well running the ball down our throats.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-18-2019, 10:38 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 10:34 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Wash held the Colts to 125 Yards Passing --- #1 against the Pass this week !!!!

You joke, but when the dust settles and the anger has passed, there are people who will use this stat to support their position that Wash isn't the problem.

I'm not sure there's anyone supporting that position anymore. 

Wash is definitely part of the problem.  It's fair to cite LB issues and DT injuries as real problems, but when you repeatedly can't find a way to even mitigate the run vs division opponents the blame easily finds its way to the coordinator.  At least 4 games this year he has failed to bring an adequate gameplan to the table - and failed to adjust when weaknesses were exposed. 

I've had no problem recognizing times when player performance far outweighed Wash's scheme issues in the past. But I've reached a point where I feel he's no longer doing enough to put players in position to succeed. 

I'm ready to see someone smarter devise a way to help our linebackers and secondary return to adequacy.

(11-18-2019, 11:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 10:38 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You joke, but when the dust settles and the anger has passed, there are people who will use this stat to support their position that Wash isn't the problem.

Wash is definitely part of the problem.  It's fair to cite LB issues and DT injuries as real problems, but when you repeatedly can't find a way to even mitigate the run vs division opponents the blame easily finds its way to the coordinator.  At least 4 games this year he has failed to bring an adequate gameplan to the table - and failed to adjust when weaknesses were exposed. 

I've had no problem recognizing times when player performance far outweighed Wash's scheme issues in the past. But I've reached a point where I feel he's no longer doing enough to put players in position to succeed. 

I'm ready to see someone smarter devise a way to help our linebackers and secondary return to adequacy.

Watching the Rams Bears game last night, LA were rushing all night, Bears switched to a 6-1 front, completely shut it down. So when I see Marrone saying they tried everything possible yesterday to stop the run I'm wondering. So many times I feel he doesn't know what play the O are running so well just run a soft zone.

I agree injuries are not helping but LB was a worry coming in to the season.

(11-17-2019, 08:54 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I hate this soft zone so much.

The only time our D looks good is when the DL is playing out of their minds.  Anything less than that and the whole D looks incompetent.
Soooo you agree with Ramsey?

I'd be fine firing him and seeing what an interim DC can do with the talent on our roster.

(11-18-2019, 11:18 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'd be fine firing him and seeing what an interim DC can do with the talent on our roster.

I said a few weeks ago I'd be tempted to give Del Rio a call. See if he wants to finish the season. Always had a solid D here and he did build the Broncos D that Wade Phillip's took over the top.

But then I think Coughlin and Del Rio. May as well get Gus in as OC!!

(11-18-2019, 11:32 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 11:18 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'd be fine firing him and seeing what an interim DC can do with the talent on our roster.

I said a few weeks ago I'd be tempted to give Del Rio a call. See if he wants to finish the season. Always had a solid D here and he did build the Broncos D that Wade Phillip's took over the top.

But then I think Coughlin and Del Rio. May as well get Gus in as OC!!

I hear Kevin Gilbride wants out of the XFL.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-18-2019, 11:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 10:38 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You joke, but when the dust settles and the anger has passed, there are people who will use this stat to support their position that Wash isn't the problem.

^This.

As I said in another thread, Wash needs to go but we will miss his excellent DL development. In any case we don't have someone on the staff to replace him mid-season, so we're stuck with him until 2020.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(11-18-2019, 11:42 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 11:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm not sure there's anyone supporting that position anymore. 

^This.

As I said in another thread, Wash needs to go but we will miss his excellent DL development. In any case we don't have someone on the staff to replace him mid-season, so we're stuck with him until 2020.

It happens to lots of coaches around the league. They get promoted one rung too high for their skill set. 
Bradley is a DC not a HC.  Wash is a DL coach not a coordinator. 

Wash has some good concepts that can work well with the right talent in key positions, he just doesn't have enough varied concepts or the ability to coach his players to intelligently flow in and out of them.

(11-18-2019, 11:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 11:42 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: ^This.

It happens to lots of coaches around the league. They get promoted one rung too high for their skill set. 
Bradley is a DC not a HC.  Wash is a DL coach not a coordinator. 

Wash has some good concepts that can work well with the right talent in key positions, he just doesn't have enough varied concepts or the ability to coach his players to intelligently flow in and out of them.

In fairness to Wash, I don't know that coaching can make up for mental errors on the part of the MLB. The scheme needs a Bobby Wagner and we don't have one.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 12:25 PM by JAllen#41.)

(11-18-2019, 11:12 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 11:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm not sure there's anyone supporting that position anymore. 

Watching the Rams Bears game last night, LA were rushing all night, Bears switched to a 6-1 front, completely shut it down. So when I see Marrone saying they tried everything possible yesterday to stop the run I'm wondering. So many times I feel he doesn't know what play the O are running so well just run a soft zone.

Adding to that, I also watched the Bears vs Rams and one thing I noticed about the 6-1 look for the Bears, they had 4 Dlinemen and 3 linebackers.  Sometimes they would drop the safety on the 2nd level to make it an 8 man front.   They ran this a lot when the Rams were in 12 personnel.  You know what I noticed from our game vs the Colts?  We were trying to defend 12 personnel with nickel personnel at times. Also, it wasn't helpful that Goode was/is everything opposite of his name.

(11-18-2019, 10:38 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Wash is certainly part of the problem, but the other part of the problem is that our DTs and LBs are physically incapable of stopping the run.  No amount of scheming or coaching will make up for that.  So you have to assign some of the blame to Caldwell and Coughlin.   Our talent level is way overrated.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 12:24 PM by JagFan81.)

On that 3rd and 19 screen

“That was actually really funny because Nyheim (Hines) was supposed to be in for that and there was a miscommunication," Reich said in his postgame press conference. "It doesn’t really matter how it happened and Jonathan’s (Williams) was out there for the play."
As Reich would go on to explain, Williams carved up the Jaguars' defense on a play he had not run prior to Sunday.
"As coaches we’re talking about, ‘Jonathan’s never run this play. I’m not sure he knows what to do,'" Reich said. "This was truly just a Nyheim play and then he ripped that off. That was pretty funny.”

(11-18-2019, 12:23 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: On that 3rd and 19 screen

“That was actually really funny because Nyheim (Hines) was supposed to be in for that and there was a miscommunication," Reich said in his postgame press conference. "It doesn’t really matter how it happened and Jonathan’s (Williams) was out there for the play."
As Reich would go on to explain, Williams carved up the Jaguars' defense on a play he had not run prior to Sunday.
"As coaches we’re talking about, ‘Jonathan’s never run this play. I’m not sure he knows what to do,'" Reich said. "This was truly just a Nyheim play and then he ripped that off. That was pretty funny.”

Now coaches are openly laughing at our coaches and players.

Damn.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 12:42 PM by JagFan81.)

(11-18-2019, 12:21 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 11:12 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Watching the Rams Bears game last night, LA were rushing all night, Bears switched to a 6-1 front, completely shut it down. So when I see Marrone saying they tried everything possible yesterday to stop the run I'm wondering. So many times I feel he doesn't know what play the O are running so well just run a soft zone.

Adding to that, I also watched the Bears vs Rams and one thing I noticed about the 6-1 look for the Bears, they had 4 Dlinemen and 3 linebackers.  Sometimes they would drop the safety on the 2nd level to make it an 8 man front.   They ran this a lot when the Rams were in 12 personnel.  You know what I noticed from our game vs the Colts?  We were trying to defend 12 personnel with nickel personnel at times.  Also, it wasn't helpful that Goode was/is everything opposite of his name.

This is it. The Bears Dline knew they could bully the Rams Oline so the Rams tried to go run heavy and hit them with PA. Rams had 8 first downs going into the 4th Q and 1 in the 3rd Q. A McVay O?!

Sometimes I think coaches can get lost in playing scheme against scheme. I've seen so many teams have success just sending 5 or 6 as it becomes a numbers game. Can the 5 blockers win all 5 blocking battles. Just need to win one to pressure the QB, It can be that simple to get pressure. But I agree with the nickel, Hayden has done a nice job at nickel but he shouldn't be your run D guy. 

It's one of my main complaints against Wash, for a guy in his 4th year, I see so little innovation or creativity. The playbook feels exactly the same. Not utilising players or skillsets enough.

(11-18-2019, 12:26 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 12:23 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: On that 3rd and 19 screen

Now coaches are openly laughing at our coaches and players.

Damn.

Add this to the Panthers players laughing how they ran the same play over and over.