Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Enough is Enough

(11-17-2019, 05:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:32 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: Leonard Fournette is a college running back he can’t make anybody miss  In the open field he puts his shoulder down and play. All his yardage was on big runs no consistency he’s slow off the ball we need to get a running back we need a better offense of line and one Posluszny left that was the end of stopping the run.

Fournette is a Pro RB not college. 

Fournette absolutely can make guys miss. He put a nasty spin move on a Texan in his rookie year. He also broke a DBs ankle vs the Jets this year. This stuff about him not able to make a guy miss is simply a Myth. 

He’s been one of the top rushers in the NFL for several weeks, even though our Offensive Coordinator gave him 8 carries in London. Fournette has no problem making people miss. 

He faces stacked boxes more than any other RB in the league. He also has the most yards after contact than any player in the NFL. 27 ain’t the problem. Our guards are the problem.

I don’t know what you mean by saying “he’s slow off the ball”  I honestly don’t even know what to say bc Fournette is a 4.5 guy with plenty of burst when he has room to run.

We don’t need a RB.

You said we need an “offense of line”. I would say we need guards bc Norwell and Cann/Richardson are terrible.

Dude. He's stiff as hell. Occasionally he makes a guy miss but let's not pretend it's a strength. 

And yes, he's pretty lethargic to the hole.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 05:50 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(11-17-2019, 05:41 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: Watching this game I realized that for years what we think are good players consistently come up short against better teams. I'm saying that we just can't seem to get our hands on tops in the league type of guys. I mean how do we pay Jack so early tho he rarely makes impact plays. I love Yan and his work ethic but he can be erased. None of the front 4 pride themselves in shutting down backs, they all just want to pen their ears back. I know LF has really turned things around this year but he still falls shy of "elite". Chark has been a pleasant surprise this year but why has Westbrook disappeared? It just seems like we can't have anything nice. No perennial pro bowl type guys.

I think Jack is really missing Telvin Smith out there with him. Smith was the captain of the defense and Jack just doesn’t have those qualities yet. 

Jack relies on his pure athleticism instead of being in the right place. I think he’s over doing it because he doesn’t trust the guys behind him or maybe next to him. He’s not playing too good after the contract. He better be pick it up or they will cut him.

We had an All Pro but the staff completely ruined that.

The only pro bowlers we have are Bouye, Campbell, and maybe Lambo. Sucks he missed his first FG this year. He was in the zone for a while.

(11-17-2019, 05:47 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Fournette is a Pro RB not college. 

Fournette absolutely can make guys miss. He put a nasty spin move on a Texan in his rookie year. He also broke a DBs ankle vs the Jets this year. This stuff about him not able to make a guy miss is simply a Myth. 

He’s been one of the top rushers in the NFL for several weeks, even though our Offensive Coordinator gave him 8 carries in London. Fournette has no problem making people miss. 

He faces stacked boxes more than any other RB in the league. He also has the most yards after contact than any player in the NFL. 27 ain’t the problem. Our guards are the problem.

I don’t know what you mean by saying “he’s slow off the ball”  I honestly don’t even know what to say bc Fournette is a 4.5 guy with plenty of burst when he has room to run.

We don’t need a RB.

You said we need an “offense of line”. I would say we need guards bc Norwell and Cann/Richardson are terrible.

Dude. He's stiff as hell. Occasionally he makes a guy miss but let's not pretend it's a strength. 

All I’m saying is he can make guys miss.

(11-17-2019, 05:49 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:47 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Dude. He's stiff as hell. Occasionally he makes a guy miss but let's not pretend it's a strength. 

All I’m saying is he can make guys miss.

You also in the same post said he has no problem making people miss. I challenge that assertion.

(11-17-2019, 05:14 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Put him back in, he still has time to win it

Not in a million years.  Jacksonville is a sub-NFL team, destined to lose at every turn with an occasional good season to keep the natives quiet
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I think we can get back to being a decent team pretty fast. It should not be a complete rebuild, but its time to clean house and trim some contracts. We have a lot of talent, but until the offensive line improves, we are not doing anything. We need to have a great draft next year AND sign a competent veteran TE and O-lineman (ill take any position if good). Foles is probably stuck for another year as backup given his contract.

(11-17-2019, 07:48 PM)Newton Wrote: I think we can get back to being a decent team pretty fast. It should not be a complete rebuild, but its time to clean house and trim some contracts. We have a lot of talent, but until the offensive line improves, we are not doing anything. We need to have a great draft next year AND sign a competent veteran TE and O-lineman (ill take any position if good). Foles is probably stuck for another year as backup given his contract.

Agree with most of this.

Joe Brady Burrow and the OC at LSu ( comes from Sean Peyton coaching tree) as the new Head Coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Chaaammpiiionship

Joe Burrow stands to be a Dolphin or Bengal if he proceeds to lead the Tigers to a National Championship. I don't see them getting him at all. He's a good prospect. And there's at least two or three teams in need of him in that top five.

You would have to probably give up both first round picks to get him. No thanks. Tua with all of his injuries will more than likely slide a bit. Fromm really isn't showing that next step at UGA to be a big name NFL QB. Not a fan of Herbert.

Need to get an offensive minded headcoach like Mike McCarthy here. Develop Minshew. Fix the offensive line. Fix the defense a bit more.

Makes me sick seeing Jimmy G. & Kyle Shanahan with the 49ERS though. Could have potentially had both of them here. Doubled down on the offensive line coach who eats bologna sandwiches. He's a Sean Payton guy too by the way. . .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-17-2019, 05:32 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: Leonard Fournette is a college running back he can’t make anybody miss  In the open field he puts his shoulder down and play. All his yardage was on big runs no consistency he’s slow off the ball we need to get a running back we need a better offense of line and one Posluszny left that was the end of stopping the run.

We don’t need a RB.

I watched fournette get on outside today 1 on 1 with a cornerback... Yards of open space if he could just get by just one freaking player.... And like always he gets tackled.... Guy can get tackled by a 4th grader and go down.... Yes occasionally he breaks a tackle... But all in all the guy is a bust a huge disappointment as running back especially a first-rounder

Our sole existence as a franchise is just so real NFL teams have somebody to beat up on

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 10:38 PM by Upper.)

(11-17-2019, 10:07 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: I watched fournette get on outside today 1 on 1 with a cornerback... Yards of open space if he could just get by just one freaking player.... And like always he gets tackled.... Guy can get tackled by a 4th grader and go down.... Yes occasionally he breaks a tackle... But all in all the guy is a bust a huge disappointment as running back especially a first-rounder

Did anyone except for fanatic24 (who lives up to the name) really think Fournette was going to make Ya-Sin miss there? We've seen Fournette in open space 1 on 1 vs a defensive back a hundred times now and we can count on one of Jason Pierre Pauls hands the number of times he has made the DB miss.

He can make guys miss. I’ve seen it.

We don't need a QB, we already have a good one, he is just sitting on the bench though...

We need a new HC, DC and GM, but of course Khan is gonna be handing extensions in the offseason because he has no guts whatsoever.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 12:20 AM by TheeKB.)

(11-17-2019, 05:24 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:22 PM)TheeKB Wrote: Moronic math. Foles just completes his first game of the year and throwing out season long W-L records.... I bet u get 100 mpg’s on ur vehicle too huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dude, just give up. You got a crush on Foles or something?

What’s with u and man love? Snuggle pillows, crushes? U can come out of the closet bro, it’s 2019. I’m sure ur mom knows already.

We don’t need a RB.

U defend Fournette with concise replay accounts but forget Foles won a super bowl on an apparent “best day”. That makes so much sense.

the team has had the talent,they have had serveal talented players over the last few years. the problom is jags haven't ever had the had coach to fire a team up. 

jon gruden would have the jags in play off contention just like he does the raiders right now. hes good at fireing up medocore platers. tampa bay didn't have a great qb,but gruden lead hem to a super bowl.  

a bunch of players to from that bucs team become household names cuase of gruden. jags shold've hired him. give jags a real head coach one that can fire players up ,and they could maybe go places. 

ssince we can't get gruden someone call john henderson,and then slap him in the face. why not?

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Lol. Jon Gruden would have turned down the Jaguars head coach offer.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 01:08 AM by snowwolf776.)

not if the money was right,everyone has a price.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I like LF but he’s more of a one trick pony guy. I don’t see a dynamic football brain there. He also has this weird FB vibe that can’t really break tackles.

The number one thing that annoys the [BLEEP] out of me regarding LF is that little foot shuffle he does when he’s trying to juke a DB and then just runs straight at the DB. Anytime he’s in open field with a defender coming at him he does it. He slows down just to run straight ahead anyway!

(11-18-2019, 01:14 AM)Corriewf Wrote: I like LF but he’s more of a one trick pony guy. I don’t see a dynamic football brain there. He also has this weird FB vibe that can’t really break tackles.

The number one thing that annoys the [BLEEP] out of me regarding LF is that little foot shuffle he does when he’s trying to juke a DB and then just runs straight at the DB. Anytime he’s in open field with a defender coming at him he does it. He slows down just to run straight ahead anyway!

He does it when approaching the LOS pretty frequently as well. Drives me nuts.

(11-18-2019, 02:45 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 01:14 AM)Corriewf Wrote: I like LF but he’s more of a one trick pony guy. I don’t see a dynamic football brain there. He also has this weird FB vibe that can’t really break tackles.

He does it when approaching the LOS pretty frequently as well. Drives me nuts.

He constantly does it no matter where he is. He can have a free lane outside and still try and stutter step instead of just going.. He can have a wide open hole inside and still tries to stutter step..

I've never seen a 230 power back more afraid to just put his shoulder down and go north/south than Fournette.. He leaves so many yards out there on the field it's ridiculous for a RB his size. He has literally zero shake and yet he tries to act like he's Barry Sanders way too much.

He's one of the least decisive RBs I've watched in a long time. Just put your [BLEEP] shoulder down and go... He tries to run east/west way too much for a guy of his size/his skill set. The sad thing is, he isn't going to change. Run him into the dirt for the rest of this season and next season and move on.

Hopefully they get Armstead more involved going forward. Hes looked faster and more physical than Fournette has. I'm tired of watching Fournette try and free lance his way into a 2 yard loss every other time he runs the ball. Just put your [BLEEP] head down and go north/south. Dude literally tries to run like hes 170 pounds a majority of the time.