Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marrone Postgame

That's the one thing about having Coughlin and Capers here. They could step in immediately.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-17-2019, 05:48 PM)old_man Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:42 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: And then he can show himself the door as well.

Coughlin has 3 years left.....

(11-17-2019, 05:48 PM)old_man Wrote: Coughlin has 3 years left.....

He will either coach or get the opportunity to put his own coach in place...

Hes had the chance to put his own coach in place already with Marrone and we see how well that's going... Coughlin is apart of the problem. They all need to go.

(11-17-2019, 05:48 PM)old_man Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:42 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: And then he can show himself the door as well.

Coughlin has 3 years left.....

No, I would dump the whole triumvirate, including TC.  Who wants to come here and be the GM if he doesn't really have the power?  Who wants to take that job if he has to defer to the VP of Football Operations?  That job shouldn't even exist in my opinion.  

Get a New GM, get a new HC, and let those guys run it.

Marrone peaked in 2017. Him and Ramsey couldn’t make it work.

Yeah, he’s a deadman walking.

(11-17-2019, 05:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Hes had the chance to put his own coach in place already with Marrone and we see how well that's going... Coughlin is apart of the problem. They all need to go.

Everyone or no one. Every part of the triumvirate has had their fair chance.

I thought it was telling when the in game broadcast said LF told them during the bye week he sat in bed, ate gump and didn't work out not once. I thought boy that's strange they would feel so free to admit they just took a week off and didn't bother to stay prepared or in shape mid season. I'd say that was probably a mistake.

Before the first "do you work on your vacation" response, the answer would be yes, I don't shut my business down and ignore my responsibilities because I'm on vacation. I make arrangements for business to succeed while I'm gone and monitor from afar, when staying in football shape and readiness is your business I would think eating gump and laying in bed all week isn't preparing for success.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-17-2019, 05:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

We will agree to disagree.  Khan wanted little turn over as possible.  Coughlin tried to work with Marrone.

Marrone was here and TC had a chance to work with him.  2017 happened and that bought Marrone last year and this year.

Mark my words.  Marrone will be gone and TC will still be here.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(11-17-2019, 05:56 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Hes had the chance to put his own coach in place already with Marrone and we see how well that's going... Coughlin is apart of the problem. They all need to go.

Everyone or no one. Every part of the triumvirate has had their fair chance.

Yup, no more using just one guy as the fall guy.

No more in house hiring/promoting for HC either. This team/franchise needs new blood.

(11-17-2019, 05:56 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Marrone peaked in 2017. Him and Ramsey couldn’t make it work.

Yeah, he’s a deadman walking.

Agreed.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 06:01 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(11-17-2019, 05:29 PM)old_man Wrote: There is no way Marrone will be retained....

I would expect Coughlin will show Marrone, Wash and Flip the door after the season.

I’m not liking this Flip guy. Before halftime we’re on the 45...

Instead of a typical Hail Mary with 12 seconds left on the clock and 2nd down, behind only 7 points.

Flip - hold my beer *calls a WR Screen

On 3rd down with about 7 seconds to go...

Announcers - now you have to think endzone with a Hail Mary

Flip - hold my beer again *calls the same play

Marrone at halftime “ok guys were only down by 7 points, were not going to make any adjustments, so do the same thing you did in the first half”. Readddyyyy,,Break

Coughlin wouldn't want to take over this band of misfits he and Caldwell brought here. He is much happier biding behind the scenes and living off of the nostalgia of the 90s.

(11-17-2019, 05:58 PM)old_man Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Hes had the chance to put his own coach in place already with Marrone and we see how well that's going... Coughlin is apart of the problem. They all need to go.

We will agree to disagree.  Khan wanted little turn over as possible.  Coughlin tried to work with Marrone.

Marrone was here and TC had a chance to work with him.  2017 happened and that bought Marrone last year and this year.

On that early January afternoon, the first call was to Tom Coughlin, informing the two-time Super Bowl winning coach that he would not be considered for the head coaching vacancy, but that the team wanted to hire him as the czar of football operations. Coughlin accepted, telling Khan “If you want to do that, there are two coaches I can work with.”

One of those coaches was Doug Marrone, which made Khan’s next call offering to remove the interim tag easier (the other coach on that list was widely believed to be Buccaneers defensive coordinator Mike Smith). 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/09/06/jackso...-shad-khan

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 06:03 PM by old_man.)

(11-17-2019, 05:55 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

No, I would dump the whole triumvirate, including TC.  Who wants to come here and be the GM if he doesn't really have the power?  Who wants to take that job if he has to defer to the VP of Football Operations?  That job shouldn't even exist in my opinion.  

Get a New GM, get a new HC, and let those guys run it.

The GM will not be replaced.

Our bigger issue is players and the Head Coach and overall running the team and managing the DC and OC...Marrone has had multiple OCs same result.

TC does not coach the team.  Maybe next year though...

(11-17-2019, 06:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:56 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Everyone or no one. Every part of the triumvirate has had their fair chance.

Yup, no more using just one guy as the fall guy.

No more in house hiring/promoting for HC either. This team/franchise needs new blood.

Still can’t believe our Head Coach is really just an offensive line coach.

(11-17-2019, 05:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'd settle for Wash's firing, right now.

"The Jacksonville Jaguars announced the termination of Head Coach Doug Marrone today and named Todd Wash as interim. When asked about the change, EVPFO Tom Coughlin said that Wash will have the rest of the season to make his case to take the job permanently in the off season. It's expected that finishing the season 1 and 5 will be enough to warrant retaining Wash and the rest of the staff."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-17-2019, 06:02 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:58 PM)old_man Wrote: We will agree to disagree.  Khan wanted little turn over as possible.  Coughlin tried to work with Marrone.

On that early January afternoon, the first call was to Tom Coughlin, informing the two-time Super Bowl winning coach that he would not be considered for the head coaching vacancy, but that the team wanted to hire him as the czar of football operations. Coughlin accepted, telling Khan “If you want to do that, there are two coaches I can work with.”

One of those coaches was Doug Marrone, which made Khan’s next call offering to remove the interim tag easier (the other coach on that list was widely believed to be Buccaneers defensive coordinator Mike Smith). 

Mark my words.

TC will be here next year.

(11-17-2019, 06:04 PM)old_man Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 06:02 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: On that early January afternoon, the first call was to Tom Coughlin, informing the two-time Super Bowl winning coach that he would not be considered for the head coaching vacancy, but that the team wanted to hire him as the czar of football operations. Coughlin accepted, telling Khan “If you want to do that, there are two coaches I can work with.”

Mark my words.

TC will be here next year.

Okay but you're stating your own speculation as fact when we know for certain the actual facts.

I vote for bringing back Jack Del Rio, or give B. Leftwich the job ?

(11-17-2019, 06:08 PM)JakobeSVT Wrote: I vote for bringing back Jack Del Rio, or give B. Leftwich the job ?

Please tell me you’re joking.

(11-17-2019, 06:08 PM)JakobeSVT Wrote: I vote for bringing back Jack Del Rio, or give B. Leftwich the job ?

No and no.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato