Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marrone Postgame

(11-17-2019, 06:07 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 06:04 PM)old_man Wrote: Mark my words.

TC will be here next year.

Okay but you're stating your own speculation as fact when we know for certain the actual facts.

Ok...you know I guess....
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-17-2019, 06:09 PM)old_man Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 06:07 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Okay but you're stating your own speculation as fact when we know for certain the actual facts.

Ok...you know I guess....

Well, yes I do. I just quoted an article with actual quotes from Coughlin. I mean, that's pretty hard to refute lol.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 06:13 PM by old_man.)

It tells little....You have no idea what conversation have and have not happened...lol

(11-17-2019, 06:12 PM)old_man Wrote: It tells little....You have no idea what conversation have and have not happened...lol

I only needed a little to show you were absolutely completely wrong.

(11-17-2019, 05:57 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I thought it was telling when the in game broadcast said LF told them during the bye week he sat in bed, ate gump and didn't work out not once. I thought boy that's strange they would feel so free to admit they just took a week off and didn't bother to stay prepared or in shape mid season. I'd say that was probably a mistake.

Before the first "do you work on your vacation" response, the answer would be yes, I don't shut my business down and ignore my responsibilities because I'm on vacation. I make arrangements for business to succeed while I'm gone and monitor from afar, when staying in football shape and readiness is your business I would think eating gump and laying in bed all week isn't preparing for success.

That wasn't the only thing that struck me as bad from the bye week.  They said due to the team being down to 2 TE's they cut down the playbook.  That would make sense but why would you pull out all the run plays.  This team telegraphs there awful game plan and doesn't do anything particularly well.  We had a decade of bad coaching and QB play with one year of post season play.  Honestly, we have 2 capable QBs for once but dang we just don't move the ball at all.

Fournette is soft as tissue paper.  I hope he is embarrassed for being taking down by a CB with nothing but open field in front of him.  Anyone playing us the rest of the way doesn't even have to throw a single pass.  This has to be the worse run defense in NFL history.

These coaches jeez.  Half time adjustments involved surrender.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-17-2019, 06:14 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 06:12 PM)old_man Wrote: It tells little....You have no idea what conversation have and have not happened...lol

I only needed a little to show you were absolutely completely wrong.

Khan said he was “particularly enthused” to promote Marrone.
“Doug is a strong football man in every respect and offers us qualities that will serve us well in all facets of the team, from the meeting rooms to game day and much more,” Khan said.

Of Caldwell, Khan said: “The extension of Dave Caldwell’s contract speaks to his excellent work thus far and the continued importance of complementing our talented and promising roster.”

Ok smart guy.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/2017...xtend-dave

(11-17-2019, 06:31 PM)old_man Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 06:14 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I only needed a little to show you were absolutely completely wrong.

Khan said he was “particularly enthused” to promote Marrone.
“Doug is a strong football man in every respect and offers us qualities that will serve us well in all facets of the team, from the meeting rooms to game day and much more,” Khan said.

Of Caldwell, Khan said: “The extension of Dave Caldwell’s contract speaks to his excellent work thus far and the continued importance of complementing our talented and promising roster.”

Ok smart guy.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/2017...xtend-dave

Khan commenting on hirings doesn't prove what you think it does. I provided a DIRECT QUOTE from Coughlin saying Marrone was his choice. Like I've said already, REALLY hard to refute that but keep trying.

What else is he going to say after Khan endorsed Marrone....you must be a little slow....

(11-17-2019, 06:45 PM)old_man Wrote: What else is he going to say after Khan endorsed Marrone....you must be a little slow....

What is Khan going to say after Coughlin endorses Marrone?

Maybe something like 

You're really not helping yourself here bud.

who here said from the start it was a bad idea to hire doug?  you shouldn't ever hire a HC that had a loseing record,and then quit on the team. he resigned from the bills. He basicly quit.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Has he been fired yet?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Coughlin, Caldwell and Marrone will be tasked with turning around the Jaguars’ fortunes – their 17-63 record since 2012 is worst in the league. They haven’t made the playoffs or had a winning record since 2007.

While acknowledging the poor record, Khan’s moves to embrace continuity on the sideline and the general manager’s offices shows he believes the team is close to winning but needed the experience and expertise of Coughlin to take a big step up the AFC South standings.

Like I said...

Khan was already looking to keep Marrone.....but go ahead and deny the point.....

#YOUAREALITTLESLOW

(11-17-2019, 06:57 PM)old_man Wrote: Coughlin, Caldwell and Marrone will be tasked with turning around the Jaguars’ fortunes – their 17-63 record since 2012 is worst in the league. They haven’t made the playoffs or had a winning record since 2007.

While acknowledging the poor record, Khan’s moves to embrace continuity on the sideline and the general manager’s offices shows he believes the team is close to winning but needed the experience and expertise of Coughlin to take a big step up the AFC South standings.

Like I said...

Khan was already looking to keep Marrone.....but go ahead and deny the point.....

#YOUAREALITTLESLOW

You do know the difference between a direct quote and opinion right? Keep trying.

I wonder if Marrone has chosen to bench minshew for Foles or has it come from above?

If it's not from him then we need to sack someone else before Marrone.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 07:15 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-17-2019, 05:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'd settle for Wash's firing, right now.

I don't see how wash keeps his job after last year and this year's defense we have the talent it falls on him... 100%

(11-17-2019, 05:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:48 PM)old_man Wrote: Coughlin has 3 years left.....

He will either coach or get the opportunity to put his own coach in place...

Hes had the chance to put his own coach in place already with Marrone and we see how well that's going... Coughlin is apart of the problem. They all need to go.

I don't see that coughlin is the problem... It's fans like you back in the day for the reason why coughlin what's run out of the city..... Weaver always said his biggest mistake as an owner was listening to the fan base and releasing Tom coughlin.... We may have some super bowls under our belt if we had kept coughlin as a head coach...imo

(11-17-2019, 05:57 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I thought it was telling when the in game broadcast said LF told them during the bye week he sat in bed, ate gump and didn't work out not once. I thought boy that's strange they would feel so free to admit they just took a week off and didn't bother to stay prepared or in shape mid season. I'd say that was probably a mistake.

Before the first "do you work on your vacation" response, the answer would be yes, I don't shut my business down and ignore my responsibilities because I'm on vacation. I make arrangements for business to succeed while I'm gone and monitor from afar, when staying in football shape and readiness is your business I would think eating gump and laying in bed all week isn't preparing for success.

And that's all coaching... Can them all and bench fournette for being so freaking stupid

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 07:25 PM by dennisp3.)

The running defence was never the same when Pus retired.
On one play Myles Jack is outside of the left defense of end when the running back runs right up the middle pass the center and I believe it was for a touchdown or a very long gain. He’s the middle linebacker his job is to stop the run what the heck is he doing out there when the guy runs right up the middle. The offense of coordinator has no creativity three plays run it throw it in the flat or throw it down feel. No screens no misdirection nothing creative so how hot is it for any defense to prepare for this team. The offense of line can’t run block their average at pass blocking so for a quarterback with no running game and no time to pass no chance for success. Minshew could move around in the pocket which was an advantageYeah foles gets the ball out much quicker but can’t move around in the pocket.I’ve been a jag fan from day one and it’s really trying to stay with this team.

(11-17-2019, 05:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:29 PM)old_man Wrote: There is no way Marrone will be retained....

I would expect Coughlin will show Marrone, Wash and Flip the door after the season.

Coughlin gonna follow.

Get ready to be shocked. Because of all the things they went through this year, losing our starting QB, all the issues with Ramsey, all the injuries, etc. SK will say I'll give them another year to get the ship righted. If they don't then they'll get the boot, all along while he's trying to move to London because he says our fans aren't supporting the team. He doesn't know our history of awfulness and how the fans have been behind this team since the beginning, win or lose and we're just tired of losing. Why wants to spend $400-500 a game for tickets to see a team that plays the way they have the last couple of weeks. Talking about pissxxng your money away. What a waste. This team will be lucky to win another game this year. If I have to see Marrone chewing gum any more on the sideline, I think I'm going to puke.

After '99 and Coughlin losing to Tenn 3 times in one season, I was ready see him go. After that we go three consecutive losing seasons, it was time for him to go. Hindsight is always 20-20..woulda coulda shoulda. His hard [BLEEP] tendencies were wearing thin on the team.

The mistake was never finding a good replacement for him. This stretch of head coaches is horrendous.

(11-17-2019, 05:34 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:33 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: why wait fire them tonight

Fire the whole coaching staff tonight?

Fire Maron and Walsh. TC come down finish the season, move Dom Capers to DC. Let flip finish the season TC may change the play calling some. but yes maron and walsh tonight.