Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marrone Postgame

(11-17-2019, 08:04 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 05:34 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Fire the whole coaching staff tonight?

Fire Maron and Walsh. TC come down finish the season, move Dom Capers to DC. Let flip finish the season TC may change the play calling some. but yes maron and walsh tonight.

No way.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-17-2019, 05:29 PM)old_man Wrote: There is no way Marrone will be retained....

I would expect Coughlin will show Marrone, Wash and Flip the door after the season.

Coughlin is tied to the release of Jalen Ramsey, which really should of been Marrone’s job. One of the best Jaguar players in history. He will also be gone.

Jags fans will waste another 5 years thinking Coughlin still deserves to be here. Too dumb to think for themselves and blow it all up.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 10:50 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

He knows the team is tied to the stupid decisions made by the front office. Even if he wanted Minshew to start I don't think it would happen. Honestly the team is missing many pieces and its probably best that Foles just goes down with this sinking ship anyways. How Todd Wash is still here I don't know. I'm over Coughlin, let him go before we lose our small nucleus of actually good players. Anyone that thought we could just replace Poz with Jack in the middle is deluded. Move him back outside. Get rid of Coughlin and this coaching staff, Telvin comes back. Draft a franchise MLB. Do whatever you can to get Foles' contract off the books, trade Fournette while he has some value. Herndon is awful, our safeties are awful, our oline is awful, we have no tight end threat.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 03:17 PM by Mowerguy.)

We do have a core of good players on both sides of the ball that I'm afraid are going to get discouraged
by the clown show of the Head Coach and staff.
Especially the 2018 and 2019 draftees
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-17-2019, 05:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: They looked like a team heading into a bye rather than off a bye. My eyes tell me there was little preparation for this game.

I think it's over-coaching.
They probably banked on Indy looking for run-first, so they built the playbook around the pass. Also notice how Indy kept us guessing till Friday on the status of their starter - we removed all doubt 13 days before kickoff.

Look at the first houston game - 2 point conversion play - even if the call was "if you see man coverage, go with a draw", why not go with the playbook that was successful, and the hand that was hot?

We overthink strategy, or try to get too fancy. They had no answer for being outmanned on either line.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 12:39 PM by Caldrac.)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-pa...ing-staff/

Mike McCarthy is preparing for an NFL return in 2020. He should be one of the top three candidates looked at next year in the event Khan decides it's time to part ways with Marrone, Caldwell and Coughlin. I would also include Greg Roman, OC of the Ravens as a potential candidate along with Kellen Moore, OC from the Cowboys.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-18-2019, 10:52 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: We do have a core of good palyers on both sides of the ball that I'm afraid are going to get discouraged by the clown show of the
Head Coach and staff.
Especially the 2018 and 2019 draftees

Looking back at the blowout between Marrone and Ramsey in game 2 this season, this is exactly what happened with Ramsey. Ramsey was and still is a tool, and dumped on this team. But he had reached his threshold of tolerance with the crap fest created by our coaching staff. I'm tired of hearing the same post game speaches by Marrone, can't imagine how tired the players are of hearing it. Better fire him soon before everyone wants to jump ship.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 02:58 PM by Mowerguy.)

we'll probably keep our gum macking, bologna sandwich eating HC another year to "give him a chance" to turn things around rather
than replace him with a proven successful Head Coach like MM or an upcoming Coordinator.
Why?
Because Jaguars.

and if we do...I'm done, finished , kaput ....after supporting this team from the start.
I simply can't take this anymore.

Didn't someone start a "Fire Gus Now" website when it got this bad??
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Reporter: Doug, rumor has it that you were seen meeting up with a bookie a few days back. Any comments?

Doug: I played it safe. Once I saw the spread, I made the safe bet. It's why the team continued to play predictable. Then, all I had to do was make the same comments here with all of you. Act like I'm trying to turn it around. Instead I'll be sitting at home with a stack of hundreds and a bottle of saline from the fans to energize my ego. Next question.

Report: This one is for Wash. What adjustments will be made to flip the performance your defense had today?

Wash: ZONE!!!

(11-18-2019, 02:54 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: we'll probably keep our gum macking, bologna sandwich eating HC another year to "give him a chance" to turn things around rather
than replace him with a proven successful Head Coach like MM or an upcoming Coordinator.
Why?
Because Jaguars.

and if we do...I'm done, finished , kaput ....after supporting this team from the start.

Lol, Gus was never 4 and 6 in a season, was he?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-18-2019, 02:54 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: we'll probably keep our gum macking, bologna sandwich eating HC another year to "give him a chance" to turn things around rather
Why?
Because Jaguars.

Wasn't Gus a young, upcoming coordinator?

There's no guarantees it would get any better.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-18-2019, 03:04 PM)Rico Wrote:
Why?
Because Jaguars.

Wasn't Gus a young, upcoming coordinator?

There's no guarantees it would get any better.

Gus was a highly rated and lauded hire by just about everyone, just as Caldwell's 1st round draft picks are highly lauded. Once they actually have to produce however...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 03:27 PM by Mowerguy.)

yeah we were excited about getting Gus, and then Malarkey, and then Doug.
it was the Seattle connection with Gus and a defense the Jags continue to use if I'm correct.
Maybe it's time to ditch it.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 03:29 PM by Caldrac.)

I really like the idea of hiring Mike McCarthy for 2020. Modified West Coast Offense with Zone Blocking Schemes. He's a big believer in establishing rhythm and timing in the passing game early to set up the run later. I think he could develop Minshew nicely. And with him calling the shots and plays offensively it'll allow the rest of his staff to focus on in game adjustments when and where needed.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Bring in Taggart and get our FSU quitters (Telvin & Jalen) back for next year.

(11-18-2019, 03:33 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Bring in Taggart and get our FSU quitters (Telvin & Jalen) back for next year.

You would need Jimbo Fisher for that.

Wasn't there a bad thing going on with McCarthy And Rodgers regarding an outdated offense? Disagreements on play calling? Do you want to take a chance on that here if the rumors are true? Better off just trying a new offensive coach straight out of the NCAA with a successful track record. Maybe Tony Khan can use his numbers to find that ideal coach.

(11-18-2019, 04:10 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Wasn't there a bad thing going on with McCarthy And Rodgers regarding an outdated offense? Disagreements on play calling?  Do you want to take a chance on that here if the rumors are true? Better off just trying a new offensive coach straight out of the NCAA with a successful track record. Maybe Tony Khan can use his numbers to find that ideal coach.

I read a report where Rodgers was calling most of the plays from the huddle because he hated the playcalling.

(11-18-2019, 04:24 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 04:10 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Wasn't there a bad thing going on with McCarthy And Rodgers regarding an outdated offense? Disagreements on play calling?  Do you want to take a chance on that here if the rumors are true? Better off just trying a new offensive coach straight out of the NCAA with a successful track record. Maybe Tony Khan can use his numbers to find that ideal coach.

I read a report where Rodgers was calling most of the plays from the huddle because he hated the playcalling.

Rodgers is a jerk so wouldn't surprise me.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.