Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is there another win on the schedule?

Bucs maybe the best shot, but now with the Raiders and Falcons playing well, i can't see it.  Not with what we rolled out today.  Thoughts?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How they played today....no
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(11-17-2019, 05:43 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Bucs maybe the best shot, but now with the Raiders and Falcons playing well, i can't see it.  Not with what we rolled out today.  Thoughts?

We'll win a couple of games.  I'm pretty sure of that.  We have some talent.  We'll get 6 or 7 wins.   

And then I hope Shad Khan fires TC, DC, and DM, all on the same day.  Because they have failed.  They've had plenty of time and they have failed.

The last 2 games have been pitiful. The Bucs are capable of lighting it up. Mike Evans is going to be a problem.

I want to keep Dave and I am fine with Coughlin and Marrone also. Our O-line and RB need to be upgraded tho.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-17-2019, 05:52 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I want to keep Dave and I am fine with Coughlin and Marrone also. Our O-line and RB need to be upgraded tho.

Dave's been here 5 years, right?  So where's our TE?  Hasn't he had 5 years to find a TE?   How come we can't run the ball or stop the run?  Does he have no responsibility for that?  And what the hell does Coughlin even do?  What is his job description?

(11-17-2019, 05:58 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Dave's been here 5 years, right? 

This was Dave's 7th draft. 6 of which were loaded with top 5 and top 10 picks.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 06:18 PM by old_man.)

It is a mixed bag of poor player attitude, bad coaching, horrible refs, and a changing NFL...

I just don't see the effort by the players though....

I just don't see leaders in the locker room.

Nick Foles has lost any backing of the team after today....He played very poorly...
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 06:30 PM by Caldrac.)

They'll be lucky to finish 6 - 10. Foles had some moments from the pocket today but behind this line he's in for a long two months ahead.

Lots of tipped passes and a batted ball today and a lot of that has to do with his inability to move away from the pocket.

Saw a lot of bad throws today. Dont care if its his first start since September. You dont throw a 50/50 ball up into double coverage with a little over a minute to play before half time.

You dont throw a ball inside along the sideline on a man to man coverage look when your receiver is clearly being pinched to run outside. The telegraphed 2 point conversion pick was horrible. Constantly forced it to Chark today. Constantly hung his receivers out to dry to get absolutely lit up by defenders too.

For what it's worth. He rarely looked comfortable in the pocket today. And as much [BLEEP] as some of us liked to give Minshew for having happy feet it's good to see a complete contrast at the position.

This offensive line is horrible. Needs to be revamped early next year. And they need to get extra work during the preseason with how easy these players get off with "practice" in today's soft NFL.

Foles folds up like a lawn chair behind this pass protection. Won't get any easier. Marrone's expertise is supposed to be the offensive line and yet it's been this team's achille's heel since last year. He needs to go.

Is he better than Bradley? Sure. Is that saying much? Not really. Need fresh blood here soon in 2020. Strong minds. Modern thinkers. Guys that adapt to the game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-17-2019, 06:16 PM)old_man Wrote: It is a mixed bag of poor player attitude,  bad coaching, horrible refs, and a changing NFL...

I just don't see the effort by the players though....

I just don't see leaders in the locker room.

Nick Foles has lost any backing of the team after today....He played very poorly...

Who plays well with that game plan and the lack of separation capability on offense?  This is dang near the worst rebuild plan in NFL history.  To consistently pick in the top of the draft and have huge deficits basically everywhere?  We had a run during Minshew magic that even when we didn't win it at least resembled NFL football.  What the heck is going on during the week with this team?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

f foles is startingg no!!!!!!!!!!!!! minshew starts a win is posbile kid has fire.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I think we get a few more wins and finish 6-10. Time to fire the entire coaching staff and front office.

At this point, we may as well root for losses to get a better draft pick. And also hope the Rams find a way to keep losing as well.

With that said, I see us finishing 6-10.

Is there another win? Sure. One thing this team excels at is screwing themselves our of draft position late in losing seasons.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 09:30 AM by Mowerguy.)

They may pull one out of their butts during either one of the last two games when other
teams may be resting their starters.

I don't expect another outright win at all with this bunch.  Cry
Off season can't come fast enough for the changes that are hopefully coming.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-17-2019, 05:43 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Bucs maybe the best shot, but now with the Raiders and Falcons playing well, i can't see it.  Not with what we rolled out today.  Thoughts?

This is going to be a test of the internal fortitude of these guys.

Do they roll over and die, or do the stand back up, and fight? I can't quite gauge for sure yet how it will go.

We have been horribly exposed, though. You can run on this team all. day. long. if you choose to. If you can pressure the QB, we will panic, and the pressure will become sacks.

I have a feeling there's at least one win somewhere on the schedule just because any given sunday and all, but if there's any team that cannot pass-block, that may be our only shot.

The Bucs are very beatable if we can pressure Jameis into making mistakes. If they're smart, though, they'll start noted Jags killer Blaine Gabbert in his stead.

OMG .....Not "Worm Ball Gabbert" ....losing that one would be the ultimate insult....
but it's happened before.  Cry
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-17-2019, 06:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Foles folds up like a lawn chair behind this pass protection. Won't get any easier. Marrone's expertise is supposed to be the offensive line and yet it's been this team's achille's heel since last year. He needs to go.

Is he better than Bradley? Sure. Is that saying much? Not really. Need fresh blood here soon in 2020. Strong minds. Modern thinkers. Guys that adapt to the game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This! We need coordinators and coaches who have been schooled in multiple systems so they can game plan and make in-game adjustments from a broader knowledge base. You see that in the great coaches, like Bellicheat. He has some core beliefs (like big linebackers) but his core philosophy is that of a chameleon, taking on whatever form is necessary to win the game at hand. 

Wash is a stubborn clone of a Pete Carroll clone. The adjustments he makes emanate from a vanilla scheme that's predicated on having elite players at all three levels winning one-on-ones. This defense has not had that since 2017. 

I'm OK with Flip. Marrone's replacement might consider keeping him for continuity to develop Minshew, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we got someone else.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

After watching today's action of ourselves and teams we still have to play, I don't believe there are any more wins on this schedule. 4 -12 it is.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-24-2019, 08:42 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: After watching today's action of ourselves and teams we still have to play, I don't believe there are any more wins on this schedule.  4 -12 it is.

didn't soomeone before the season started tell you all this is a 4-12 team

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.