Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We're not talking about a total rebuild here.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 11:16 AM by JagFanFirst.)

We've got some great pieces, and I don't want to get rid of them.

On defense Ngakoue, Allen, Ronnie Harrison. I like Boyoue (SP).  On offense, I like all of our receivers with the exception of Lee.

I think the tear-down and rebuild will focus on the OL and front 7 of the defense. On the OL, I would think no one is safe, with the possible exception of Taylor the rookie, because he's so young. I don't think Linder is all that anymore. Norwell is a decent run blocker, but it doesn't compensate for his poor pass blocking and his tendency to commit penalties.  I'm disappointed with Robinson. I expected more from him.  He might be safe next year, because LTs are so hard to find.

I could move on from Fournette, although I doubt they cut him next year.

I love Minshew. I'd like him to continue playing this year, to work through his problems, and see if we have a franchise QB.  Marrone won't let that happen though.

On defense, the LBs are a mess. I don't know what to do with Jack, and who knows what's going on with Telvin Smith.

Losing Dareus hurts. I bet (hope) we spent one of our first-round picks on a mean nasty DT.  That's basically one of the major problems with this team--our LOS aren't tough or very smart.

Of course, it goes without saying that Marrone and Caldwell are gone.  I actually think Caldwell's done a pretty good job in drafting in recent years. But the Jags seem to lose great players to other teams (A-Rob and Ramsey). I don't want to be a farm team for the Bears and Rams anymore.

Thoughts? Arguments?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 11:12 AM by TearExtractor.)

I look forward to the teardown/retool/rebuild #68 where absolutely nothing will change and this team remains in the bottom 5.

Not a rebuild.

But major staff changes are likely coming. Whether that reaches beyond the coaches and into the front office is anyone's guess. Could go either way.

Regardless, the roster has holes but it could be competitive with a small handful of upgrades IMO.
Improvements at LT, RG, NT, and LB would go a long way to righting the ship.
I'm just much more concerned with who will be coaching them and gameplanning for opponents right now than I am worried about talent around the roster.

(11-18-2019, 11:11 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: I look forward to the teardown/retool/rebuild #68 where absolutely nothing will change and this team remains in the bottom 5.

It shouldn't be a total teardown. If we make the right moves as far as who to keep and we draft well next year, we could be a playoff contender again. The cupboard isn't bare, like it was when Gene Smith left.

The Entire Coaching Staff and Front Office needs to be shown the door (If TC has been handcuffing DC then theres an argument for allowing DC to stick around with a short leash)

We need talent on the interior of both the Oline & Dline. It starts there. Throw whatever resources you need to to correct this bc that is THE problem with both sides of the ball.

Get a FS, at least 2 new LB's, and find a #2 CB of the future. A pass catching RB and a TE would be nice as well.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think we have 7 or 8 contender level starting players out of 22, and the potential for a handful more if they develop properly. We basically need half of a new starting lineup to get back to contention. Lots of work to do.

No need to tear it all down. We have some good players. Caldwell did a major hack job to the team when he was hired, but later admitted that it was not necessary.

Of main importance though is making sure that our current coaching staff and front office be completely removed from the ability to have anything to do with our draf picks. We sacrificed one of our best players for the extra picks, but letting the current clowns in the front office decide who to draft is a FAIL for the future of this team.

A
new center 2 guards lt keep cam robinson for depth. A couple big ugly nasty dts ng and a new cast of lbs a corner or 2 a safety or 2 and we should be set