Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags sign Nick O'Leary

(11-18-2019, 10:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 10:21 PM)FBT Wrote: O’Leary was an afterthought the past couple of years. He needs a change of scenery.  Foles is a guy who uses his TE, so barring injury, he might turn out to be a good fit here. He’s young enough that we can give him an extended tryout. Maybe we landed a gem?  We’ll see.  Can’t be any worse than what we’ve had.

He is Koyak without the speed, James O without the size, and DeValve without the hands.

Sounds like a perfect fit for our identity-less roster.

Frankly, I'd stop trying to get the '20-yards downfield' TE and get the guys that are going to be a 6th lineman who occassionally run a route when the D is sleeping. We are not a finesse offense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-19-2019, 09:56 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 10:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He is Koyak without the speed, James O without the size, and DeValve without the hands.

Sounds like a perfect fit for our identity-less roster.

Frankly, I'd stop trying to get the '20-yards downfield' TE and get the guys that are going to be a 6th lineman who occassionally run a route when the D is sleeping. We are not a finesse offense.

Flip's offense utilizes quite a lot of that blocking "Y" tight end you describe.  They just keep getting hurt. (Swaim/DeValve)
The offense also uses an "F"  or move tight end (Oliver/O'Shaughnessy) and an H-Back (O'Shaughnessy/Jones/DeValve)- and he uses all three simultaneously at times.  

I guess my point is - it doesn't have to be one or the other. You can use all of them, but a few of them need to stay healthy for it to work.

(11-19-2019, 12:40 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 10:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He is Koyak without the speed, James O without the size, and DeValve without the hands.
His hands are good

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

They were terrible in the NFL action he's seen so far.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-18-2019, 05:38 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 04:43 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Critical move to retain our FSU fanbase after losing Telvin and Jalen.
Maybe we will get to hear about his uncle this weekend, what was his name again?

We have never heard of the guy up hear. LOL

I thought this dude was halfway decent coming out of FSU ---- consistent in receptions and yardage and good in the red zone.

hes also the grandson of Jack Nickluas

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-22-2019, 06:38 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: hes also the grandson of Jack Nickluas
Need an over under on number of mentions from CBS crew

(11-25-2019, 12:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/jacknicklaus/status/...32129?s=20

I hope he got refunded after watching that high school preseason performance on the field.  Hopefully he wasn't as bad as the Nick at QB with his level of play.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

It’s funny you brought up preseason.
That’s the way I felt bc Marrone and Deflippo stuck with Foles even though he was trash.

Sometimes this board is just too toxic.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-26-2019, 08:53 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Sometimes this board is just too toxic.
Winning cures all. [Image: c829f0f6e37a7258aede97cc68cee5c8.gif]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."