Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Tesla cybertruck

(11-26-2019, 01:52 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 12:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Followers and sheep dont know they are followers and sheep unless someone with perspective points it out. I mean, you had some dude on here trying to justify a 20 year ROI on solar shingles.  

I've got no problem with sheep. They are a necessary cog in the wheel that is the economy.

Oh the irony of this post combined with that avatar.

The irony of results and facts versus your opinion. I rest my case.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What does all this have to do with the Tesla Cybertruck?

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 02:37 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(11-26-2019, 02:29 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: What does all this have to do with the Tesla Cybertruck?

Absolutely nothing.

Back on topic.

That's the ugliest thing on four wheels ever devised by man. A blind aboriginal with no concept of the outside world would design a better truck than this.

(11-26-2019, 02:36 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 02:29 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: What does all this have to do with the Tesla Cybertruck?

Absolutely nothing.

Back on topic.

That's the ugliest thing on four wheels ever devised by man. A blind aboriginal with no concept of the outside world would design a better truck than this.

These ugly things will never make it to the production line anyway.

As someone that owns a couple of trucks and actually uses a truck as a truck, this [BLEEP] is a hard pass.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The thing is super ugly.
The ones that they actually sell will look more normal.
But they'll still be ugly.
I have never owned any truck and probably never will own one.
I don't have any opinion about people driving Ford or Chevy or Toyota trucks.
But if I see a guy driving one of these Teslas, I will say to myself, "here is a guy who doesn't care what anyone thinks!"
Obviously not Stroudcrowd.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 11:55 PM by Caldrac.)

There's already 200,000 or more deposits made on this vehicle. And reportedly it's not just the base model being booked. It certainly stands out design wise. I can see why most folks are turned off by it from the body frame.

However, it's hard to dislike anything about it other than that. The MPG is impressive. The flatbed is nice. The built in ramp is nice.

You can also get the retractable bed cover fitted with solar panel slots which gives you the ability to recharge on the go. It picks up speed relatively fast.

Has plenty of power. Plenty of room inside. It's different. He achieved his goal in literally standing out. Would I buy it? No. But that's because I wouldn't buy anything nowhere near $40,000.

Can't afford it. But also not a fan of buying something brand spanking new that has nothing but depreciated value the moment you pull off the assembly line or parking lot with it.

If this is still a 'thing' 10 years from now and I am barely in my 40's and the price is closer to $20,000? I'd buy it. Especially the matte black design.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Also. The design reminds me of the car from that movie "The Wraith" from the 1980's. [Image: 59a083e7bad5729749c83af3d40c72a0.jpg]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Looks like the OCP police cars from RoboCop  Tongue

I like the Rivian truck more.

(11-26-2019, 10:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: The thing is super ugly.
But if I see a guy driving one of these Teslas, I will say to myself, "here is a guy who doesn't care what anyone thinks!"

If I see a guy driving a tesla, I think, there is a DB who pretends like he (women done drive them) is doing their part to help the environment,  then plugging their car into a fossil fuel powered outlet in their garage.

(11-26-2019, 11:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote: There's already 200,000 or more deposits made on this vehicle. And reportedly it's not just the base model being booked. It certainly stands out design wise. I can see why most folks are turned off by it from the body frame.

However, it's hard to dislike anything about it other than that. The MPG is impressive. The flatbed is nice. The built in ramp is nice.

You can also get the retractable bed cover fitted with solar panel slots which gives you the ability to recharge on the go. It picks up speed relatively fast.

Has plenty of power. Plenty of room inside. It's different. He achieved his goal in literally standing out. Would I buy it? No. But that's because I wouldn't buy anything nowhere near $40,000.

Can't afford it. But also not a fan of buying something brand spanking new that has nothing but depreciated value the moment you pull off the assembly line or parking lot with it.

If this is still a 'thing' 10 years from now and I am barely in my 40's and the price is closer to $20,000? I'd buy it. Especially the matte black design.

The deposit is $100 and as far I know it's refundable if you don't buy the truck when it's your turn. So 200k deposits doesn't mean much in terms of actual sales. But there is definite interest in it.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019, 09:01 AM by SeldomRite.)

(11-26-2019, 11:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote: There's already 200,000 or more deposits made on this vehicle. And reportedly it's not just the base model being booked. It certainly stands out design wise. I can see why most folks are turned off by it from the body frame.

I may have already said this, but the Tesla truck is the first truck I've seen that I would consider buying. The price is acceptable, the styling is out of this world, and I personally like it, and it's better as a truck than every other truck in its price range.

I love that it has six person seating, has a 6'6" long bed, has about 5-6 times better energy efficiency than competing trucks, and has bulletproof panels all over it.

I know a lot of people have irrational hated for Tesla's vehicles, but coming from a purely neutral perspective it's a home run, Tesla is going to sell as many of these as they can make for decades, and I've not seen another EV truck that even competes with it. The Rivian is a comparative joke in price and spec, Ford and Chevy haven't even announced price and config for what they'll bring to market, but expect it to lag Tesla in price and ability by years. Tesla is and has been way out ahead on EV tech, it'll continue.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019, 10:31 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(11-27-2019, 08:59 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:

I may have already said this, but the Tesla truck is the first truck I've seen that I would consider buying. The price is acceptable, the styling is out of this world, and I personally like it, and it's better as a truck than every other truck in its price range.

I love that it has six person seating, has a 6'6" long bed, has about 5-6 times better energy efficiency than competing trucks, and has bulletproof panels all over it.

I know a lot of people have irrational hated for Tesla's vehicles, but coming from a purely neutral perspective it's a home run, Tesla is going to sell as many of these as they can make for decades, and I've not seen another EV truck that even competes with it. The Rivian is a comparative joke in price and spec, Ford and Chevy haven't even announced price and config for what they'll bring to market, but expect it to lag Tesla in price and ability by years. Tesla is and has been way out ahead on EV tech, it'll continue.

I know stuff is subjective...

But no.. it's just ugly. lol

And what kind of state of constant fear do you live in where you need bulletproof panels... or do you just think that's "cool"?

(11-27-2019, 01:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 10:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: The thing is super ugly.

If I see a guy driving a tesla, I think, there is a DB who pretends like he (women done drive them) is doing their part to help the environment,  then plugging their car into a fossil fuel powered outlet in their garage.

I've never seen a woman driving one either.  But even if you ignore the environmental argument, the Tesla Model S beats pretty much everything else in its price range for acceleration and passenger space, not to mention its near-autonomous driving.  The downside of electric is that you have to spend about 30 minutes charging the thing for every 3 hours of driving.  If you're going to be driving less than 3 hours a day, it's a great choice.  If you're going to have two cars in your garage, it makes a lot of sense to have one electric and one gas/hybrid - and when you need to go on a long trip, use the second one.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-27-2019, 11:21 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 01:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If I see a guy driving a tesla, I think, there is a DB who pretends like he (women done drive them) is doing their part to help the environment,  then plugging their car into a fossil fuel powered outlet in their garage.

I've never seen a woman driving one either.  But even if you ignore the environmental argument, the Tesla Model S beats pretty much everything else in its price range for acceleration and passenger space, not to mention its near-autonomous driving.  The downside of electric is that you have to spend about 30 minutes charging the thing for every 3 hours of driving.  If you're going to be driving less than 3 hours a day, it's a great choice.  If you're going to have two cars in your garage, it makes a lot of sense to have one electric and one gas/hybrid - and when you need to go on a long trip, use the second one.

Or just use a rental vehicle for the occasions you really need to drive more than five hours straight and can't deal with charge times. Some good news is the newest Teslas charge even faster than they used to and go very far on a full charge. (370 miles now for the model S)

I’ve never watched Elon Musk speak. Finally watched the cyber truck video. He certainly isn’t a public speaker, that’s for sure.

(11-27-2019, 11:21 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 01:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If I see a guy driving a tesla, I think, there is a DB who pretends like he (women done drive them) is doing their part to help the environment,  then plugging their car into a fossil fuel powered outlet in their garage.

An electric vehicle accelerating faster than a gas powered vehicle doesn't excite me. Reminds me of test track at Epcot.  Give me the "slower" acceleration of a sports car any day of the week.

(11-27-2019, 01:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 11:21 AM)mikesez Wrote: I've never seen a woman driving one either.  But even if you ignore the environmental argument, the Tesla Model S beats pretty much everything else in its price range for acceleration and passenger space, not to mention its near-autonomous driving.  The downside of electric is that you have to spend about 30 minutes charging the thing for every 3 hours of driving.  If you're going to be driving less than 3 hours a day, it's a great choice.  If you're going to have two cars in your garage, it makes a lot of sense to have one electric and one gas/hybrid - and when you need to go on a long trip, use the second one.

An electric vehicle accelerating faster than a gas powered vehicle doesn't excite me. Reminds me of test track at Epcot.  Give me the "slower" acceleration of a sports car any day of the week.

I'm sure most people want less performance out of their sports car.  Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/11...cybertruck
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-27-2019, 02:18 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing 

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/11...cybertruck

Could come in handy in the event the sky is falling and the giants return to collect our souls. 

"Fee-fi-fo-fu.. [BLEEP]! [BLEEP]! [BLEEP]! Those things hurt stepping on!"