Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Donald Payne for MLB...

(12-04-2019, 11:19 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Sign Mike Peterson off his couch.
Lot of people said he was too small too...
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-04-2019, 06:36 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:

He was still bigger than Payne.

(12-04-2019, 06:36 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:

I huge difference. Mike could flat out play.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2019, 11:37 AM by NH3.)

(12-04-2019, 06:52 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If Payne is who you want at MLB then we’re in trouble at that position.

Jack is just gonna have to get better bc the talent is there.

I personally want an better/more instinctive MLB compared to anything that Jack has to offer. The talent in the middle Is Not There nor will it ever be. He's better off on the outside. He's definitely not worthy of being our defensive play caller.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Jack has reportedly been placed on IR for the remainder of the season. I'm not clamoring for D. Payne to take his place, I am clamoring for Much Better play at the MLB position from which we didn't get from Myles. I'd Love to see Ryan in the middle of our defense. I heard that he is a tackling machine.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(12-05-2019, 11:35 AM)NH3 Wrote: Jack has reportedly been placed on IR for the remainder of the season. I'm not clamoring for D. Payne to take his place, I am clamoring for Much Better play at the MLB position from which we didn't get from Myles. I'd Love to see Ryan in the middle of our defense. I heard that he is a tackling machine.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

A few seasons ago Jake Ryan made the Top 10 list for worst linebackers in the League. So we've got that going for us.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-05-2019, 12:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 11:35 AM)NH3 Wrote: Jack has reportedly been placed on IR for the remainder of the season. I'm not clamoring for D. Payne to take his place, I am clamoring for Much Better play at the MLB position from which we didn't get from Myles. I'd Love to see Ryan in the middle of our defense. I heard that he is a tackling machine.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

A few seasons ago Jake Ryan made the Top 10 list for worst linebackers in the League. So we've got that going for us.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/102401855...02/photo/1

Are you referring to 2017?

NH3...
"AZANE"

(12-05-2019, 12:47 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 12:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: A few seasons ago Jake Ryan made the Top 10 list for worst linebackers in the League. So we've got that going for us.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/102401855...02/photo/1

NH3...

"Conversely, Jake Ryan is always one or two steps behind the play. He may follow the right process in seeing a play develop, but it does not register quickly enough for him to consistently make an impact. Ryan is constantly a nonfactor for an otherwise quality Packers run defense." - Bleacher Report, December 2017

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2750...ion#slide0

That was also playing in the 34, while being in 43 will require him to read and recognize much quicker...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Thursday update: Payne ready for “big task” at middle linebacker
https://www.jaguars.com/news/thursday-up...linebacker

Nice Read.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(12-05-2019, 12:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 12:47 PM)NH3 Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/102401855...02/photo/1

NH3...

"Conversely, Jake Ryan is always one or two steps behind the play. He may follow the right process in seeing a play develop, but it does not register quickly enough for him to consistently make an impact. Ryan is constantly a nonfactor for an otherwise quality Packers run defense." - Bleacher Report, December 2017

That was also playing in the 34, while being in 43 will require him to read and recognize much quicker...
So in this bleacherreport, Payne prevailed?

NH3...
"AZANE"

Most of the time we only have 2 LBs on the field, so technically we don’t have a “middle” line backer on the field.

The only time it matters is in a 4-3, but that’s rare in this era.

(12-07-2019, 11:41 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 12:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "Conversely, Jake Ryan is always one or two steps behind the play. He may follow the right process in seeing a play develop, but it does not register quickly enough for him to consistently make an impact. Ryan is constantly a nonfactor for an otherwise quality Packers run defense." - Bleacher Report, December 2017

So in this bleacherreport, Payne prevailed?

NH3...

I dunno, I'm just relating an opinion piece I found that went out of the way to say that Ryan isn't any good, while some folks here seem to think he's the Second Coming of Mike Singletary.

(12-08-2019, 08:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 11:41 AM)NH3 Wrote: So in this bleacherreport, Payne prevailed?

NH3...

I dunno, I'm just relating an opinion piece I found that went out of the way to say that Ryan isn't any good, while some folks here seem to think he's the Second Coming of Mike Singletary.

Seems to be quite the jump in logic from "better at MLB than Myles Jack" to "this guy could be the best MLB our team has ever had".
Signature goes here.

(12-08-2019, 10:16 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 08:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I dunno, I'm just relating an opinion piece I found that went out of the way to say that Ryan isn't any good, while some folks here seem to think he's the Second Coming of Mike Singletary.

Seems to be quite the jump in logic from "better at MLB than Myles Jack" to "this guy could be the best MLB our team has ever had".

Logic? Here???

He’s having a rough go at it today.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(12-08-2019, 10:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 10:16 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote: Seems to be quite the jump in logic from "better at MLB than Myles Jack" to "this guy could be the best MLB our team has ever had".

Logic? Here???

I too got lost on this one.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(12-05-2019, 12:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Lol ... that was prior to his 2nd injury in Green Bay.  Apparently, Dave Caldwell doesn't use google as he keeps drafting and signing players with prior injury history.

Back on topic, I don't think Payne is a starter, and I'm not sure I'd be overly upset if the team moved on from him this offseason, but for a guy who came in off the couch, the guy's got a nose for the football. Whether he's 12 yards down field or at the line, he's at least around the football. On a team that is having significant struggles tackling, Payne has been a somewhat bright spot in that regard.

I've gotta give him credit for the numbers he's putting up; for having a total of 10 defensive snaps before 5 weeks ago, he's played admirably.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

(12-22-2019, 05:45 PM)LMD Wrote: Back on topic, I don't think Payne is a starter, and I'm not sure I'd be overly upset if the team moved on from him this offseason, but for a guy who came in off the couch, the guy's got a nose for the football. Whether he's 12 yards down field or at the line, he's at least around the football. On a team that is having significant struggles tackling, Payne has been a somewhat bright spot in that regard.

I've gotta give him credit for the numbers he's putting up; for having a total of 10 defensive snaps before 5 weeks ago, he's played admirably.

He might bring me home a Fantasy chip today singlehandedly.

How many of our linebacker would be playing if we didn't have a team? I believe we have a few that could be backups...maybe
A new broom always sweeps clean.