Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Positives vs Bucs

There are few and far between but there are some..

-Minshew may have fell short but provided a spark for this team.  I think he is the future.

-Josh Allen not only had a really nice hustle play to stop a screen on 3rd down but  added a sack to break the rookie Jag sack record

-The receivers had a good game

-The Blonde Hair wonder Wingard had a sack fumble

-Fournette had 9 catches.  That's insane for a rb

-Foles along with many other factors will probably be the final dagger for this front office.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Agree on all points!

I’m positive Marrone will be fired.

We have to just completely get rid of Foles. He’s not a starting QB in this league, and he’s proved it time and time again. Why the FO decided to pay someone who can’t finish a season is beyond me.

I disagree about the receivers. Conley had a few bad drops, Dede had THE drop that led to a pick instead of a TD. But Chark played well. The receivers need to be more consistent and not leave plays on the field.

Minshew is the guy, just add talent to the Offense around him, we can win with him i'm convinced.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

The Bucs didn't score 30+ in the 1st half.

Nobody suffered a career ending injury in the game.

Khan now understands that his team has royally sucked over the past decade and that's the reason (gate entry) attendance is down

Minshew continues to show a fantastic ability to improvise. Looking forward to seeing him next year with an offense tailored to him.

The linebackers played better and the run defense was better.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Minshew and this team need to win next weekend. That would be a huge boost, despite the negativity right now. We are at the point where we just need to scrap out a win somewhere, somehow, for morale.

Fournette needs just 11 yards to break 1k for the second time.

Josh Lambo is kicking at 96% right now, and has only missed 1 FG up in Indy. This kid is in the zone right now.

The D was much better. Payne and Wingard had good games in their first career starts.

(12-01-2019, 08:50 PM)rufftime Wrote: Minshew continues to show a fantastic ability to improvise.  Looking forward to seeing him next year with an offense tailored to him.

Yes, which to me means, some decent run blocking and a high-caliber TE.  When you have a guy who can improvise like he can, you need guys who can be open short.  Plus, our lack of a TE right now means we don't have any offensive flexibility to deal with the way opposing teams are defending us.

(12-02-2019, 06:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 08:50 PM)rufftime Wrote: Minshew continues to show a fantastic ability to improvise.  Looking forward to seeing him next year with an offense tailored to him.

Yes, which to me means, some decent run blocking and a high-caliber TE.  When you have a guy who can improvise like he can, you need guys who can be open short.  Plus, our lack of a TE right now means we don't have any offensive flexibility to deal with the way opposing teams are defending us.
https://youtu.be/42UgrIBl4r0

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

lol positives lol

(12-02-2019, 06:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

A quality TE would make a big difference, it seemed to open up a lot of options for Minshew. Even with O'Shaughnessy, who no one would confuse with a pro-bowler, seemed to make a big difference and the offense hasn't been quite the same since he went out. With another year of experience for Minshew, some work to improve the offensive pass blocking and a quality TE, this offense could take big strides next year.

I do have a little concern that a completely new staff might want to find "their guy" at QB and Minshew get relegated to the bench again.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Biggest positive: the game is over
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Further secured a Top 10 Draft Pick.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 11:45 AM by mal234.)

(12-02-2019, 10:00 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 06:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Yes, which to me means, some decent run blocking and a high-caliber TE.  When you have a guy who can improvise like he can, you need guys who can be open short.  Plus, our lack of a TE right now means we don't have any offensive flexibility to deal with the way opposing teams are defending us.

A quality TE would make a big difference, it seemed to open up a lot of options for Minshew. Even with O'Shaughnessy, who no one would confuse with a pro-bowler, seemed to make a big difference and the offense hasn't been quite the same since he went out. With another year of experience for Minshew, some work to improve the offensive pass blocking and a quality TE, this offense could take big strides next year.

I do have a little concern that a completely new staff might want to find "their guy" at QB and Minshew get relegated to the bench again.

That is a concern of mine as well. You never know what a new staff might do. They might want to keep Minshew on the bench so they can get/develop their own guy. I look at situation like Josh Rosen who was drafted to Cardinals who were terrible and didn't want him. (And the new staff wanted Kyler) Only to be traded away to another bad team who also really doesn't want him and put him on a short leach before they benched him. Granted Minshew's situation hasn't been terrible like Josh's. But two teams gave up on Josh. And he was a first rounder.  (And I'm not even sure how good of a QB Josh could be because he's been put in two unfortunate situations.)

Maybe a new staff will want to draft another QB in the first and give him a chance. And might not consider doing a QB competition either with GM. I had read the debate that was going in the one of the threads about whether it's better for a QB to sit or play. I think that you could learn from doing both things, but I think that QB could really get a lot of valuable experience and show growth, if they are given the opportunity to play/develop on the field. I've seen enough young QB's who started right away/early do this, especially over the past few years. I saw several people various places say that Lamar Jackson really couldn't throw, but since he's been playing he's improved a lot as a passer. I think that getting the experience on the field has helped him. 

I've seen seen other young QB's grow on the field as well. Including someone like Jacoby Brissett who has alternated from being a backup on the bench/starting due to injury/ to now being a full time starter with Luck's retirement.  I've seen Jacoby grow and turn into at the very least a solid and competent starter. (I actually think he's underrated). And I believe a lot of that growth came from learning/working things out on the field. I think that something like that could happen with Gardner. I think the more he plays, the more he could grow and develop, it really just be a matter of how much he will grow and can he become consistent. If he's sent back to the bench again for another QB, might not see that happen, (maybe at least for a while.) I wish he could get to start at least a full year or two and get some support to see what he can develop into. It would be nice if he turn into a good long term starter.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 12:00 PM by Caldrac.)

Between O'Shaughnessy and Oliver they should have a fairly well balanced foundation if they can stay healthy.

This is a class where they can find a Goedert type / Andrews type target that they missed out on previously.

Bryant, Rice & Calcaterra [if he declares from OSU] would all be late round gems potentially that you can try and sneak into the offense.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The biggest positive from the game is the realization that the offense put forth greater effort once the QB changed.

The decision to re-insert Foles into the starting lineup a few weeks ago finally cements the argument that the coaching staff needs to be changed.

Allen set the rookie sack record for the franchise.

Once Minshew came in, the team had heart. That's important when you're already 4-8 and down 25 points.

Hooray for the coach not remaining stubborn and giving the loyal fans in the stadium something to cheer for in the second half.