Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars tab QB Gardner Minshew to start vs. Chargers

(12-02-2019, 04:11 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: Even if the Jaguars loose the final 4 games at least with Minshew I know I am going to have way more fun watching the game. And it probably wont be a 30 to 10 loss

TC did beg for butts in seats this last month of the season....this will go far to help that cause.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If I had to bet on it, I'd say that the FO and the Coach/coaches disagreed on the QB. The FO was concerned about their 88 mil investment, while the coach/coaches are fighting for their jobs. I'd say the order came down on Marrone that Foles has to play because there are 88 mil reasons why. I can't prove it, but to me it's a simple equation.

Chargers somehow sit at -1 point differential, they’re a much better team than their record indicates. If Minshew gets a W, that’s a resounding indictment on our organization. Not that we really need another one to make it clear a sweep is in order.

I don't understand the chargers but I do understand their ability to beat us. Rivers will have a nice game against our tissue zone.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 05:44 PM by Caldrac.)

(12-02-2019, 04:42 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 04:35 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Hey, GMII has won half of his games as starter ......fouls has won zero.
If Minshew wins 2 of the next four he's in as starter ....solid.
I'm just praying he keeps himself moving behind that turnstile O line
And maybe everyone else that's been running this clown show ....except maybe the GM that drafted him is
out before New Years!

Right now I think the Caldwel is the safest name of the the big 3 that people like to throw around.
No one is safe. Especially him. He hired Bradley and gutted the majority of this roster. This resulted in a 14 - 48 record. Easily the worst stretch in Franchise history.

He also selected Blake Bortles and failed in adequately supplying him with legitimate competition. 2017 bought him extra time that was also the result of a lackluster schedule and finally landing on draft picks.

Prior to 2016. He failed throughout the draft.

2013 - No players here from that class

2014 - Two players left. Both oft injured in Lee and Linder

2015 - One player left. Cann. An average Guard at best

2016 - His biggest success. Now shakey at best. Ramsey traded. Jack extended and regressing. Ngakoue's future pending

2017 - Fournette. Over drafted. Robinson oft injured. Weak at LT. Smoot finally turning corner. Westbrook is decent

2018 - Bryan. Pending development. Chark. Showing promise. Harrison showing promise. Banged up a lot this year. Cooke a good Punter. Jacobs serviceable back up and ST'er

2019 - Allen & Minshew. A+. He took the no brainer gift in round one. Lucked out with a QB in RD6. Oliver and Williams cant stay healthy. Verdict still out. Taylor needs to improve in year two.

I'll admit this. Caldwell has shown some level of redeeming qualities. Despite failing miserably his first three years.

Now, the last two drafts, the question begs. Is that HIS thumbprint? Or more of Coughlin's thumbprint? It's hard to tell.

Committing to Bradley as long as he did. Gutting the roster down as early as he did. Those are still major knocks that need to be factored in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-02-2019, 04:57 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 04:11 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: Even if the Jaguars loose the final 4 games at least with Minshew I know I am going to have way more fun watching the game. And it probably wont be a 30 to 10 loss

TC did beg for butts in seats this last month of the season....this will go far to help that cause.

Heck me and the wife may just go to that game!
See that "Minshew Magic" work up close and live....

[Image: O9o3pM49x-JePwG-bb3eVoT9u4SpUIhaGNWyKkyr...568ae5d3bc]
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Gardner Minshew is a damn good QB and I’m excited for what next year will bring us.

As I've read through these comments, I've come to realize exactly what I've always realized. We cannot be satisfied no matter the outcome. NF7 in and GM15 out while the criticism/complaints continues. GM15 in and NF7 out etc. Unless we have EXACTLY what we demand, we'll pout, stomp our feet, poke out the lips and demand personal beliefs upon the establishment(s).

We're Cry Babies.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(12-02-2019, 04:58 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote: If I had to bet on it, I'd say that the FO and the Coach/coaches disagreed on the QB.  The FO was concerned about their 88 mil investment, while the coach/coaches are fighting for their jobs.  I'd say the order came down on Marrone that Foles has to play because there are 88 mil reasons why.  I can't prove it, but to me it's a simple equation.

If that's the case, why haven't they fired Marrone for 'going against their orders'?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-02-2019, 10:48 PM)NH3 Wrote: As I've read through these comments, I've come to realize exactly what I've always realized. We cannot be satisfied no matter the outcome. NF7 in and GM15 out while the criticism/complaints continues. GM15 in and NF7 out etc. Unless we have EXACTLY what we demand, we'll pout, stomp our feet, poke out the lips and demand personal beliefs upon the establishment(s).

We're Cry Babies.

NH3...

I don't know..   We have 25 years as a franchise with 14 playoff games and a 7-7 record.

Playoff Record Summary

All-Time Playoffs: 14 Games, 7-7
Wild Card Round: 6 Games, 4-2
Divisional Round: 5 Games, 3-2
Conference Championship: 3 Games, 0-3

Years 2017, 2007, 2005, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996

So basically we started off well and have lucked into some post season here and there the rest of the way.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(12-02-2019, 05:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 04:42 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: Right now I think the Caldwel is the safest name of the the big 3 that people like to throw around.
No one is safe. Especially him. He hired Bradley and gutted the majority of this roster. This resulted in a 14 - 48 record. Easily the worst stretch in Franchise history.

He also selected Blake Bortles and failed in adequately supplying him with legitimate competition. 2017 bought him extra time that was also the result of a lackluster schedule and finally landing on draft picks.

Prior to 2016. He failed throughout the draft.

2013 - No players here from that class

2014 - Two players left. Both oft injured in Lee and Linder

2015 - One player left. Cann. An average Guard at best

2016 - His biggest success. Now shakey at best. Ramsey traded. Jack extended and regressing. Ngakoue's future pending

2017 - Fournette. Over drafted. Robinson oft injured. Weak at LT. Smoot finally turning corner. Westbrook is decent

2018 - Bryan. Pending development. Chark. Showing promise. Harrison showing promise. Banged up a lot this year. Cooke a good Punter. Jacobs serviceable back up and ST'er

2019 - Allen & Minshew. A+. He took the no brainer gift in round one. Lucked out with a QB in RD6. Oliver and Williams cant stay healthy. Verdict still out. Taylor needs to improve in year two.

I'll admit this. Caldwell has shown some level of redeeming qualities. Despite failing miserably his first three years.

Now, the last two drafts, the question begs. Is that HIS thumbprint? Or more of Coughlin's thumbprint? It's hard to tell.

Committing to Bradley as long as he did. Gutting the roster down as early as he did. Those are still major knocks that need to be factored in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There's a lot of spin in your list. 

Take 2014 for example. 2014 was a great draft. In 2014 Bortles was a mistake but we needed a QB, and the other QBs taken in 2014 and 2015 haven't been any better except Carr, who isn't all that great either. Otherwise 2014 was a great draft with Robinson, Linder and Telvin all Pro Bowl level players, and Lee, Colvin, and Bowanko decent starters for us. The fact that so many are no longer on the team has more to do with them not wanting to stay, which goes back to the coaching staff, and that's true of many others who left (Fowler, Ramsey). 

The OL players taken were all top prospects on pre-draft boards and their failure looks to be 100% due to coaching because they have all declined from their first year on the team, including free agent Norwell (and Beadles before him).

Caldwell passed over several good QBs, and he is clueless about trading down, but the players he picked are not the problem.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(12-02-2019, 04:43 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Minshew will get a knee mangled in the final game and miss the 2020 season...because Jaguars.

What about the final play of the season.