Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars tab QB Gardner Minshew to start vs. Chargers

Jaguars tab QB Gardner Minshew to start vs. Chargers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...s-chargers

The Jaguars announced rookie quarterback Gardner Minshew will start Sunday versus the Chargers. The sixth-round pick replaced Nick Foles in Jacksonville's Week 13 loss to the Buccaneers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This team has no idea what it's doing.

We believe Nick Foles gives us the best chance of winning.

We believe Gardner Minshew gives us the best chance of winning.

Mmmmmmk Dougie.

(12-02-2019, 03:15 PM)TJBender Wrote: This team has no idea what it's doing.

So you wanted them to start Foles?

(12-02-2019, 03:19 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:

More of an indictment on putting Foles out there the past 3 weeks.

(12-02-2019, 03:19 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: We believe Nick Foles gives us the best chance of winning.

Mmmmmmk Dougie.
I think it's pretty clear at this point that Foles was not Marrones decision and that Coughlin has been meddling for quite some time.

(12-02-2019, 03:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 03:19 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: We believe Nick Foles gives us the best chance of winning.

Mmmmmmk Dougie.
I think it's pretty clear at this point that Foles was not Marrones decision and that Coughlin has been meddling for quite some time.

This is what I'm thinking as well.. Coughlin definitely has to go if that's the case. There's too many hands in the soup to have a clear line of accountability. Let head coach be a head coach..

But yeah, I'm still entirely on board with getting rid of Marrone as well..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(12-02-2019, 03:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Mmmmmmk Dougie.

Not being flippant, but I genuinely want to know the reasons that make it clear. Cause I am slightly befuddled as to what makes one think this

Reailty check  Foles give jags no chance to win. 0-4 as starting qb for jags. foles highly overrated qb.  He is a great person,but is not a super bowl qb. he had a all pro O-line in phily.

Minshew as jags starter. 4-4  Jags are 4-8.  in all 4 wins minshew was the starter. Jags have better chance to win with minshew with the worst offensseive line in nfl history.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

This presents a dichotomy for Minshew. On the one hand he gets to play in the NFL, on the other it’s, “The hungry wolves are just two feet away. Our O line can’t protect you. Here, put this pork chop around your neck. Good luck!”

Even if the Jaguars loose the final 4 games at least with Minshew I know I am going to have way more fun watching the game. And it probably wont be a 30 to 10 loss
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(12-02-2019, 04:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This presents a dichotomy for Minshew. On the one hand he gets to play in the NFL, on the other it’s, “The hungry wolves are just two feet away. Our O line can’t protect you. Here, put this pork chop around your neck. Good luck!”

He gets a chance to win thre starting job for good. That is all he can ask for.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-02-2019, 03:19 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:

No, more commentary on how Minshew was playing well, then was pulled after one bad game. The $88M man came in and stunk it up so badly that they went back to the rookie. The team has no idea what it's doing, and the disconnect between the coaching staff and the FO has never been so obvious.

(12-02-2019, 03:45 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 03:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think it's pretty clear at this point that Foles was not Marrones decision and that Coughlin has been meddling for quite some time.

Not being flippant, but I genuinely want to know the reasons that make it clear. Cause I am slightly befuddled as to what makes one think this
He keeps throwing shade at the FO with his remarks. Claimed that Foles gave them a best chance to win 3 weeks ago and now (with the same Oline that he knew was garbage) is saying Minshew gives them the best chance to win based on the OLine play. Couple that with how quickly these QB decisions have been made, I think he was told to start Foles after the Houston loss and then when Foles completely bombed, he decided to go back to Minshew as an eff you to the FO. "They are going to fire me anyway so who cares."

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019, 04:36 PM by Mowerguy.)

Hey, GMII has won half of his games as starter ......fouls has won zero.
If Minshew wins 2 of the next four he's in as starter ....solid.
I'm just praying he keeps himself moving behind that turnstile O line
And maybe everyone else that's been running this clown show ....except maybe the GM that drafted him is
out before New Years!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(12-02-2019, 04:35 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Hey, GMII has won half of his games as starter ......fouls has won zero.
If Minshew wins 2 of the next four he's in as starter ....solid.
I'm just praying he keeps himself moving behind that turnstile O line
And maybe everyone else that's been running this clown show ....except maybe the GM that drafted him is
out before New Years!

Right now I think the Caldwel is the safest name of the the big 3 that people like to throw around.

I asked before we made the switch whose decision it should be precisely for this reason.

You see them in practice, you see them in meetings. You should have some idea.

We are a clown car at the moment.

Minshew will get a knee mangled in the final game and miss the 2020 season...because Jaguars.

Mmmmmmk Dougie.

sounds like they each give us a 50% chance of winning.

If we play both of them, that adds up to 100% chance of winning.

Don't overthink this, coach.

(12-02-2019, 04:43 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Minshew will get a knee mangled in the final game and miss the 2020 season...because Jaguars.

Stow it, Sunshine.