Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Excited for the Chargers game

Despite all the recent turmoil, I remain very excited for this weekend’s game.  I’m very pumped to see what Minshew and the team can do down the stretch.  There’s still a lot of intriguing football to be seen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I too am excited for the game. Minshew brings so much to the team. My g/f (who doesn't watch much football, but is a Steelers fan and is starting to favor the Jags more) pointed out how much different the game seemed when Minshew was playing compared to Foles. The players look different out there, the fans get all pumped up, even the broadcasters seem excited. Minshew may not turn out to be the franchise qb we want, but he sure as hell makes the game alot of fun to watch.
In Dougie I Trust!

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2019, 12:13 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(12-04-2019, 12:09 PM)Hurricane Wrote: I too am excited for the game. Minshew brings so much to the team. My g/f (who doesn't watch much football, but is a Steelers fan and is starting to favor the Jags more) pointed out how much different the game seemed when Minshew was playing compared to Foles. The players look different out there, the fans get all pumped up, even the broadcasters seem excited. Minshew may not turn out to be the franchise qb we want, but he sure as hell makes the game alot of fun to watch.

I'm assuming she isn't from Pittsburgh though since she doesn't watch much football -- is that correct?  It's mandatory from birth that all male and females born in Pittsburgh watch football continuously and talk about the good ole days.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2019, 12:19 PM by Hurricane.)

(12-04-2019, 12:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 12:09 PM)Hurricane Wrote: I too am excited for the game. Minshew brings so much to the team. My g/f (who doesn't watch much football, but is a Steelers fan and is starting to favor the Jags more) pointed out how much different the game seemed when Minshew was playing compared to Foles. The players look different out there, the fans get all pumped up, even the broadcasters seem excited. Minshew may not turn out to be the franchise qb we want, but he sure as hell makes the game alot of fun to watch.

Is she from Pittsburgh?  Just curious since i grew up there.

Just outside of Pittsburgh. (shes lived in Indiana/Ohio for the last 15+ years)
The last few years shes pretended to care about the Jags. She would show a little interest, but nothing serious. Now that Pitt got rid of Brown and Bell, that team isn't as flashy anymore. So when Minshew stepped on the stage, she fell in love.

She bought us second row seats, 50 yard line to the Bengals game. Bought both of us Minshew shirts. Demanded i wear mine haha. 

She was so mad when Foles came back and they benched him. Now shes back to being excited for the games lol
In Dougie I Trust!

Lol yeah my wife has limited interest in football but enjoys following Minshew. He definitely broadens the team’s audience. Watching him win rookie of the week 6 times really demonstrated that. We have not typically had players with that kind of national audience. Hopefully he has a few more rookie awards by the time the season is over. Overall, I think he is also a damn good player.

(12-04-2019, 12:02 PM)Newton Wrote: Despite all the recent turmoil, I remain very excited for this weekend’s game.  I’m very pumped to see what Minshew and the team can do down the stretch.  There’s still a lot of intriguing football to be seen.

I hope they play well but lose because winning at this point is detrimental to the team in the long run.

Excited? No.

Less apathetic would better describe it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-04-2019, 03:41 PM)wiki23 Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 12:02 PM)Newton Wrote: Despite all the recent turmoil, I remain very excited for this weekend’s game.  I’m very pumped to see what Minshew and the team can do down the stretch.  There’s still a lot of intriguing football to be seen.

I hope they play well but lose because winning at this point is detrimental to the team in the long run.

I would take the wins for team confidence and morale, but I understand what you are saying too.

(12-04-2019, 03:54 PM)Rico Wrote: Excited?  No.

Less apathetic would better describe it.

This is me.
I was fully moved into NHL season mode and NFL draft talk.

Minshew coming back sparks my interest, slightly.

But another blowout loss and I'm packing it in, as far as energy and excitement for the rest of the season. Hard to get excited about the Mania if the D is still gonna suck wind.
The NFL just becomes something I watch to fill time on Sundays (and dump money into betting lol)

[Image: 1iy17e.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2019, 05:55 PM by Kane.)

(12-04-2019, 03:41 PM)wiki23 Wrote:

I understand wanting the better draft pick.
But as a fan, you should always want the win.

A 7-9 or 8-8 finish would tell you it was more the QB holding the offense back and that there are fewer holes than we perhaps thought.
That maybe because the offense struggles mightily that the defense is gassed or gives up in the 2nd half of games.
We have enough draft capital to move up in the draft if need be to get a premiere player. Draft position is irrelevant. Especially if losing out moves us from 8 to 6.

Never hope for a loss, man... Wanting to lose is weak sauce.

(12-04-2019, 05:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [Image: 1iy17e.gif]

no mo, no mo.

Riding with the Shew.

Charger fans should be estastic.
My sig goes here!

Considering San Diego - pardon me, LOS ANGELES - typically seems to own the Jags whether it's in San, er, Los Angeles or Jacksonville, I dunno how excited I will be about this game. I just know i'm happy Minshew's back in. Who knows how he'll do these next few weeks. I would like to hope he'll be the future QB of this team so that whoever the new GM is won't have to waste a first rounder on a QB....AGAIN.

(12-04-2019, 12:09 PM)Ok Hurricane Wrote: I too am excited for the game. Minshew brings so much to the team. My g/f (who doesn't watch much football, but is a Steelers fan and is starting to favor the Jags more) pointed out how much different the game seemed when Minshew was playing compared to Foles. The players look different out there, the fans get all pumped up, even the broadcasters seem excited. Minshew may not turn out to be the franchise qb we want, but he sure as hell makes the game alot of fun to watch.

I’d watch your GF around that Minshew boy if I was yous.

I understand the situation as far as W vs L.
And i was going to watch something if NF7 was going to return in the half....BUT
when GMII came on the field my attention returned and like others have said....
we lost but in an exciting way that we at least had some hope.

Heck with it....draft position or not ....I want him to reach down deep in his "Magic Jockstrap"
and smack the bolts back to LA like he sent the tacks back home.
On the plane with an L
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(12-04-2019, 07:17 PM)Nikowho Wrote: Considering San Diego - pardon me, LOS ANGELES - typically seems to own the Jags whether it's in San, er, Los Angeles or Jacksonville, I dunno how excited I will be about this game. I just know i'm happy Minshew's back in. Who knows how he'll do these next few weeks. I would like to hope he'll be the future QB of this team so that whoever the new GM is won't have to waste a first rounder on a QB....AGAIN.

Everyone but Pittsburgh has seemed to own the Jags over the last decade or so.

It’s time for us to step up. Got to win this weekend baby.

It's going to be a fun game to watch.

(12-05-2019, 08:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's going to be a fun game to watch.

Avatar=Boy you got a perty mouth!!!  Love me some dueling banjo's.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]