Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rays

Yep. Good chance with Glasnow. Tonight was rinse and repeat. Great pitching and defense with just enough hitting. Chewing nails late, but results in a win.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Soooooooooo happy. Not since 2008 can I say I am a fan of a truly great team. Obviously I am a Jags fan. That almost makes me embarrassed to admit that. I'm also a fan of UCLA and Chip Kelly has set that team back 5 years, so finally being a fan of a team that goes to a championship feels really good, because it was starting to feel like all my sports teams were perennial losers. God knows the Rays didn't make it easy though. When they lost a 3-0 series lead and the Astros tied it up 3 games a piece, I was sure we would lose. This team did what it did all season though and relied on great pitching and made the most of their opportunities at the plate to drive in runs. Hopefully this will continue into the World Series against the Braves/Dodgers winner.

Yeah should have been easier, but that just isn't the Rays style. Morton was dealing last night. I thought Cash pulled him a bit early, but hey, it worked out.

I remember when the Rays started in '98, it was always the Jags I'd look forward to with hope. The first decade of Rays baseball was pretty bad. Then came 2008. They've been a pretty decent team since. The Jags however turned into what the Rays used to be.

I'm gonna try and get tickets for a game. The Rangers stadium is only about 20 minutes from my house.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020, 08:04 PM by D6.)

I'm definitely rooting for the Tampa Bay Rays to win the World Series. In addition to not wanting Los Angeles to win the W.S., I think it would be good for MLB if a team with an enormously lower payroll than their opponent wins the Series. Lower scoring games would probably give the Rays their best chance.

(10-20-2020, 10:34 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I'm gonna try and get tickets for a game.  The Rangers stadium is only about 20 minutes from my house.

Well, I was gonna go until I saw that the cheapest seat on Stubhub was $562.

Now I like baseball and all...but...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-21-2020, 10:57 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 10:34 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I'm gonna try and get tickets for a game.  The Rangers stadium is only about 20 minutes from my house.

Well, I was gonna go until I saw that the cheapest seat on Stubhub was $562.

Now I like baseball and all...but...

You have to sneak in as a cardboard cutout. Just remain very still.

Game three tonight. Hopefully Charlie Morton has a similar game to his last.

What an ending last night. Go Rays!

(10-25-2020, 09:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: What an ending last night. Go Rays!

The Rays are giving it their all. I’m really rooting for them to win

What a great win last night. A perfect sports night. Rays even up the series with a spectacular finish and Khabib submits Gaethje to cement his legacy as the GOAT before he retires.

Yeah, that ending last night was crazy. Down early tonight, what else is new?

(10-25-2020, 08:19 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Yeah, that ending last night was crazy. Down early tonight, what else is new?

Game 4 was a classic!  It also provides hope that the Rays can get the Series to Game 7 and then beat the odds. The Rays resolve jumps out.

Well it was looking good until they took Snell out
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(10-27-2020, 10:31 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Well it was looking good until they took Snell out

Kevin Cash is an IDIOT! If we lose this game, he gets 100% of the blame. Snell had everything going his way. Why pull him when he had a 2 hit shutout going and you are on the brink of elimination? When you are one game away from elimination, you can't do the things you did during the season. There is no next game. You have to play the odds and Snell looked great. This was the most boneheaded move in Rays' history!

I went to bed after Snell was pulled and saw LA get instantly hot. That was the dumbest move I’ve ever seen.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2020, 04:47 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

To be fair, that's a move he's made all season. Didn't work last night. That said, in a game like that, sometimes you do something different. I didn't like that it was Nick Anderson. He's been lights out all year until they extended him three innings in the ALDS against the Yankees. He hasn't been the same since.

Really, the Rays were overmatched in that series. And really just because they don't have the bats. That should really be the offseason priority, find a couple of decent hitters. And it doesn't have to homerun guys, just guys that can get hits and keep the line moving.

(10-28-2020, 04:47 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: To be fair, that's a move he's made all season. Didn't work last night. That said, in a game like that, sometimes you do something different. I didn't like that it was Nick Anderson. He's been lights out all year until they extended him three innings in the ALDS against the Yankees. He hasn't been the same since.

Really, the Rays were overmatched in that series. And really just because they don't have the bats. That should really be the offseason priority, find a couple of decent hitters. And it doesn't have to homerun guys, just guys that can get hits and keep the line moving.

If you have a guy who's shutting them down, why take him out? Had LA gotten another hit or two in that frame, then that might be a sign Snell was flagging. Otherwise, use him up then bring in a fresh arm. Regardless of the outcome, Snell wasn't playing another game until next season.

I was hoping the Rays would win, then The Bucs. I don’t like Brady but thought it would be really nice for a city to have all their teams wins. But with the Dodgers, I suppose I won’t have to hear Shannon Gunz talk about it. Second thought, she’ll still talk about it

(10-29-2020, 06:00 PM)Jags Wrote: I was hoping the Rays would win, then The Bucs.  I don’t like Brady but thought it would be really nice for a city to have all their teams wins.  But with the Dodgers, I suppose I won’t have to hear Shannon Gunz talk about it.  Second thought, she’ll still talk about it

Well we have Lakers/Dodgers. Go Rams?