Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
After Raiders Win we are pick #8 - Now back to #7

(12-16-2019, 07:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 03:00 PM)Upper Wrote: It's obviously very early in the process still so things could change, but just from watching I think Wills Jr is going to be my OT1. He's got the feet and movement skills the others don't, and is already a mauler.

Wills Jr. has only played RT at Alabama. He has zero experience at LT and frankly, I don't trust our scouting department if they project him at LT. I want a guy with LT experience like Thomas, Wirfs, Jackson or Adams. If Wills Jr. stays in school, I could see him sliding over to LT in 2020 and then we'd get a better idea of how he would project on the left side.

I think he would be just fine at LT if given the chance. There are tons of players that have successfully flipped, and the ones that failed like Joeckel were just bad to begin with.

Or if you agreed he's the best player but paranoid about a switching sides then just keep him at RT and let him dominate. Nothing at all wrong with that either, hell the highest paid lineman in the entire league is an RT now. And actually, the player that Wills is comped to.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tua is left handed and Willis Jr was protecting his blindside. I do think he moves to LT in the pros unless his QB is left handed

Temporarily at least the Rams pick went to #19. It can't be worse than 20.

After Falcons loss we are back to #7 and #20

Arizona looks like they will win moving the Jags up to 6. It wouldn't surprise me if they end up with Derrick Brown and one of Wirfs, Wills or Jackson. That would be a great first round addressing thheir 2 biggest needs.

(12-22-2019, 08:20 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Arizona looks like they will win moving the Jags up to 6. It wouldn't surprise me if they end up with Derrick Brown and one of Wirfs, Wills or Jackson. That would be a great first round addressing thheir 2 biggest needs.

If we don't take Derrick Brown with that first pick, I'll be furious! There should be no team standing in our way now. Hopefully Austin Jackson enters the draft and we could get him with the Rams pick. That would be an ideal first round.

Tankathon has us currently at #6 and #20. We better lose next week, a win could potentially drop us to picks 10-12 which is a huge difference.

Lets hope the Giants & Dolphins can pick up W's next week to bring them to 5 wins as well.

What unseen it said we are picking 6th as well

Brown and Biadasz would be a dream first 2 picks for me. Fix our NT spot and RG would be fixed with Linder

(12-22-2019, 09:03 PM)High Octane Wrote: Tankathon has us currently at #6 and #20.  We better lose next week, a win could potentially drop us to picks 10-12 which is a huge difference.

Lets hope the Giants & Dolphins can pick up W's next week to bring them to 5 wins as well.

A Dolphins win and our loss gets us to 5.  But a Giants win does not take us to 4.  They have lower strength of schedule.  (It would help us in lower rounds).  We either pick 6 or 5 if we lose.  A win could take us as low as 11.

(12-22-2019, 11:47 PM)newporttom Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 09:03 PM)High Octane Wrote: Tankathon has us currently at #6 and #20.  We better lose next week, a win could potentially drop us to picks 10-12 which is a huge difference.

A Dolphins win and our loss gets us to 5.  But a Giants win does not take us to 4.  They have lower strength of schedule.  (It would help us in lower rounds).  We either pick 6 or 5 if we lose.  A win could take us as low as 11.
Miami has the Pat's in NE next week

(12-22-2019, 11:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 11:47 PM)newporttom Wrote: A Dolphins win and our loss gets us to 5.  But a Giants win does not take us to 4.  They have lower strength of schedule.  (It would help us in lower rounds).  We either pick 6 or 5 if we lose.  A win could take us as low as 11.
Miami has the Pat's in NE next week

A Dolphins win is looking very unlikely, but any given Sunday...

I'm excited to see how things shake out for the upcoming draft though. This team can pull itself outta the doldrums with the type of draft capital we have.

The more I watch Minshew, the more I don't think he is 'the answer'. If a potential franchise QB is available, I'd take him.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2019, 10:27 AM by Kane.)

(12-23-2019, 08:35 AM)Rico Wrote: The more I watch Minshew, the more I don't think he is 'the answer'.  If a potential franchise QB is available, I'd take him.

I think this draft is lacking in potential franchise QBs to be honest.
Not big on Herbert or Fromm. Tua has all the tools you'd want in one, but those injuries are concerning.

Hurts as a 3rd rounder is intriguing especially if we get an offensive minded guy to come in like Roman who has been known to build an offense around running QBs (I think Hurts has good ability from the pocket but best utilized on the run)

Although rumor has it coaching and front office staff is going to be retained to finish their contracts... if so, I wouldn't expect much to change in the way of QB.
They'll likely try to build a better OL and retool the weapons and defense in order to salvage a QB room of Foles/Minshew

I'm not selling on Minshew yet... but he's definitely not a "carry the team" type QB.

ALSO: We're now at 6!

I want to give Minshew one full year with a decent team and the offense built around him. If he isn't the guy next year we have a bunch of picks and 2 1sts and we can get our franchise QB. Minshew is a rookie that has flashed with a trash online, no TE, and a trash coaching staff.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2019, 10:46 AM by RicoTx.)

(12-23-2019, 10:25 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 08:35 AM)Rico Wrote: The more I watch Minshew, the more I don't think he is 'the answer'.  If a potential franchise QB is available, I'd take him.

Not big on Herbert or Fromm. Tua has all the tools you'd want in one, but those injuries are concerning.

Hurts as a 3rd rounder is intriguing especially if we get an offensive minded guy to come in like Roman who has been known to build an offense around running QBs (I think Hurts has good ability from the pocket but best utilized on the run)

Although rumor has it coaching and front office staff is going to be retained to finish their contracts... if so, I wouldn't expect much to change in the way of QB.
They'll likely try to build a better OL and retool the weapons and defense in order to salvage a QB room of Foles/Minshew

I'm not selling on Minshew yet... but he's definitely not a "carry the team" type QB.

I'm not giving up on Minshew.  But I see some questionable plays every game.  He's a rookie and a 6th rounder, yes.  But he has also had...what...10 full games not to repeat some of the same mistakes.  I saw some questionable passes and selections yesterday.  Can we blame some of it on the line...sure.  But not all of it.  He actually creates some of his own problems by holding onto the ball for so long.  I hope he can be coached out of some of his issues, because I like his attitude/personality.  We'll see what they decide.  That said, I'm still drafting a QB if one falls in our laps.  I don't see it happening, so we probably have our 2020 quarterbacks on the roster right now.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-23-2019, 10:25 AM)Kane Wrote:

Unless it's Burrow, I'll pass on a QB. I'd like Tua, but we HAVE TO get Derrick Brown with that #6 pick. He's the key to fixing the run defense. I then take a LT with the Rams pick and the best OG on the board in round 2. From there I look for a CB, ILB, TE, Safety and WR. If we can fix the O-Line and run defense, we'll be in decent shape to get our QB in 2021. I want to have good pieces around him when he arrives, so he can have a better chance at succeeding early on.

(12-23-2019, 10:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I want to give Minshew one full year with a decent team and the offense built around him.  If he isn't the guy next year we have a bunch of picks and 2 1sts and we can get our franchise QB.  Minshew is a rookie that has flashed with a trash online, no TE, and a trash coaching staff.

I hear ya... Minshew has regressed to about the norm we'd expect of a late round pick recently. But he's had little to no help.
But I'm kinda with ya. I wanna see more with better around him... and the best QB prospect in this draft is out of reach. The others don't exactly "do it" for me.
With the rumors of front office and HC probably staying the same, I imagine they'll be given a chance to retool and come back with a strong 2020 campaign.

Perhaps Tony Khan and Caldwell work some magic, shed the Foles deal, and build around Minshew. Our cap situation isn't as dire as many would believe, we could cut enough fat to retain Yan and still be able to play in FA for a player or two (WR, TE, NT perhaps) And with 7 picks we should be able to get 3 starters across OL and front 7 (OT, OG, NT or LB perhaps) and some solid competition for the back 7 on D (LB, FS)

Here's hoping...

(12-23-2019, 10:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 10:25 AM)Kane Wrote: I think this draft is lacking in potential franchise QBs to be honest.

Unless it's Burrow, I'll pass on a QB. I'd like Tua, but we HAVE TO get Derrick Brown with that #6 pick. He's the key to fixing the run defense. I then take a LT with the Rams pick and the best OG on the board in round 2. From there I look for a CB, ILB, TE, Safety and WR. If we can fix the O-Line and run defense, we'll be in decent shape to get our QB in 2021. I want to have good pieces around him when he arrives, so he can have a better chance at succeeding early on.

Yeah, it's looking like Brown should be the pick at 6.
I wouldn't lock down OT/OG to any one pick though. Just add the OL pieces and figure it out in camp. Maybe that's an OT and a G, maybe it's a C and then an OT.
If we can add 2 pieces I like Minshews ability to move around enough that the OL doesn't have to be perfect right away. Just get better than it is currently.

(12-23-2019, 10:54 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 10:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Unless it's Burrow, I'll pass on a QB. I'd like Tua, but we HAVE TO get Derrick Brown with that #6 pick. He's the key to fixing the run defense. I then take a LT with the Rams pick and the best OG on the board in round 2. From there I look for a CB, ILB, TE, Safety and WR. If we can fix the O-Line and run defense, we'll be in decent shape to get our QB in 2021. I want to have good pieces around him when he arrives, so he can have a better chance at succeeding early on.

Yeah, it's looking like Brown should be the pick at 6.
I wouldn't lock down OT/OG to any one pick though. Just add the OL pieces and figure it out in camp. Maybe that's an OT and a G, maybe it's a C and then an OT.
If we can add 2 pieces I like Minshews ability to move around enough that the OL doesn't have to be perfect right away. Just get better than it is currently.
If Biadasz is there with our 2nd pick he would be very hard to pass up.