Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vote: Minshew for "Rookie Of The Week"-Week 17

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 05:50 PM by mal234.)

(01-03-2020, 05:19 PM)Newton Wrote: I don’t know about you guys, but I am drinking Coke.

Yeah, I don't think that Kyler should not have been nominated as a finalist over Minshew. And truth be told I don't think that Nick Bosa should have been on that list either. They nominated people from various positions and I think that Josh Allen deserved to be on the list over Nick. I feel like there is some draft position bias going on here and people not as willing to give credit to two players that play in Jacksonville.

I don't think that Kyler should win this award or the AP Offensive Rookie of the Year Award. There was a lot of good showings this year by rookies including from people that don't play the QB position. And they are more deserving of winning these awards than him.

I still hope that Josh can at least make the PFWA All Rookie team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They say that who won the weekly awards factors in, but clearly it doesn’t. This was supposed to be the People’s award. To not put in the player who won 7 weeks is ridiculous.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 07:11 PM by mal234.)

(01-03-2020, 06:25 PM)Newton Wrote: They say that who won the weekly awards factors in, but clearly it doesn’t. This was supposed to be the People’s award. To not put in the player who won 7 weeks is ridiculous.

The fact that they didn't even nominate him is very ridiculous. Considering that they decided to nominate him seven times for the award, including the last week which he won. This decision might make more sense if the fans did both the nominating and the voting. But they nominated him that many times and then left him off the finalist list...that's weird. But I do believe that the draft/market biases have something to do it. 

A lot of people in the national media have pushed for Kyler all throughout this season even at the peak of Minshew Mania. Regardless of how Minshew was performing. Or even someone like Daniel Jones who has been right there with Kyler in some areas and has more TD's than him. Daniel Jones played less games than Kyler. But he had more TD's and was on pace for like 30+TDs. Granted Daniel had a lot of turnovers but he had some better stats than Kyler did.

I also read somewhere that Kyler is a finalist for the AP OROY award as well. And he shouldn't be. Especially considering that in the past that award doesn't have that many nominees. Last year it was like 2 people nominated (Baker and Saquon).

If it's a small amount this year like only two or three Kyler should not be a nominee. He was not in the top 2 or 3 or IMO, even 5 best performances from rookies this year. There was a lot of talent on display and that shouldn't be ignored just because people want to favor someone who was drafted #1. (In spite of how they and other people performed, regardless of draft position.)

Hate to say this but very short days of Nick Foles once again comes to an end. Great backup like in the Super Bowl but as the main man, Nick just can't stop staying injury free. Nice guy though!
Ready for April Showers, Easter, Spring Fever!

Minshew and Allen should have been nominated.

Not sure how a RB that didn't break 1K rushing (Miles) and a WR that barely got 1K beats the rookie sack-leader and Minshew Mania.

(01-03-2020, 06:25 PM)Newton Wrote: They say that who won the weekly awards factors in, but clearly it doesn’t. This was supposed to be the People’s award. To not put in the player who won 7 weeks is ridiculous.

It's a joke that he wasn't in the Pepsi vote and a slap in the fans face.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Yeah I emailed Pepsi feedback to complain.

What a crock of [BLEEP]!

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2020, 12:00 AM by mal234.)

(01-03-2020, 08:32 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Not sure how a RB that didn't break 1K rushing (Miles) and a WR that barely got 1K beats the rookie sack-leader and Minshew Mania.

I think they may have gotten nominations because of how well they have played down the stretch in the regular season. And both of their teams are in the playoffs. Plus, it looks like they wanted to nominate players from different positions, which is why I think a QB, a WR, Two RB's and a defensive player were nominated.

Though, I wish that Gardner had gotten the nomination for the QB and Josh could have gotten the one for the defensive player. But it seems like the media/NFL has certain players (Kyler and Nick) that they just want to push and continue to push. Even when others play better and/or have very similar play to them.

Kyler Murray got beat in almost EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY for QBs, including wins, yet this happens? Funny thing is that Gardner Minshew got more national attention outside of football than Kyler by a country mile as well. I said this before and I'll say it again: somebody (or some powerful group) high up in the national sports media really hates this city and is pulling out all the stops to see to it that very little positive light makes it to Jacksonville. What the motive for that, however, is well beyond me - and I highly doubt we'll ever find that out.

Well it's settled...pitchforks and torches
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I think they know it would have been a wrap with the shew pulling away with the victory due to how many times he crushed the vote during the regular season. The NFL doesn't want us to have nice things.

There's no question of nominating him. If he'd been nominated, he'd have won.

They didn't want him to win.

Another chip for the Magic's shoulder.

BTW, does anyone have the stats of Bosa and Allen? Snaps, tackles, tfl, sacks, ff, fr, etc.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(01-04-2020, 04:48 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Another chip for the Magic's shoulder.

BTW, does anyone have the stats of Bosa and Allen? Snaps, tackles, tfl, sacks, ff, fr, etc.

They're all very similar except which pressures version you're looking at. PFR has Bosa ahead by only a handful of pressures whereas PFF has Bosa ahead by 30.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 11:46 PM by mal234.)

(01-04-2020, 12:52 AM)jrvegeeta Wrote: Kyler Murray got beat in almost EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY for QBs, including wins, yet this happens? Funny thing is that Gardner Minshew got more national attention outside of football than Kyler by a country mile as well. I said this before and I'll say it again: somebody (or some powerful group) high up in the national sports media really hates this city and is pulling out all the stops to see to it that very little positive light makes it to Jacksonville. What the motive for that, however, is well beyond me - and I highly doubt we'll ever find that out.

It makes you wonder what is really going on. Especially since they used him to help promote the NFL and are still using him to promote things connected to the NFL.

(01-04-2020, 06:04 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I think they know it would have been a wrap with the shew pulling away with the victory due to how many times he crushed the vote during the regular season. The NFL doesn't want us to have nice things.
Someone had started a change.org petition about how Gardner should be named Rookie of the Year. It's gotten almost 1,800 signatures so far. I do think he would have won the Pepsi Rookie of the Year award and that the NFL suspected that would happen as well.

Also, I was watching NFL network tonight and I saw some commercials. There was one for the NFL Honor awards. It showed the AP Offensive Rookie of the Year nominees and they were Kyler Murray, AJ Brown and Josh Jacobs. They also showed the MVP Candidates (Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson). They didn't mention who was nominated for the Defensive Rookie of the Year award, maybe that information hasn't been revealed yet. I hope that Josh Allen gets nominated for it. Maybe they will do three nominees for that award as well and he will get a nod. I've looked at different sites and some of them are giving him the third best odds to win that award/have him ranked at #3. I hope he at least gets a nod because he is deserving of one.

Also I saw a commercial advertising the college showcases that air on NFL network like the East West Shrine Bowl, the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and the Senior Bowl. The commercial started out saying. "Before they played on Sunday, the stars of the NFL shined here first. They showed players like Dak, Carson Wentz, Josh Allen, Phillip Lindsay, Cooper Kupp, etc...

They also showed Gardner. They used Gardner and showed clips of him playing in the Senior Bowl/NFL to try and promote that game. (They also showed Daniel Jones, but he wasn't mentioned by name like Gardner was.) The NFL didn't nominate him for the Pepsi Rookie of the Year award, but they still showcase him when they want to use him to promote stuff.

Unfortunately I think you can't have a OROY whose own team sat him. That would just be a real weird look. 

It's really a shame because he probably would have won it if not for that.

Yeah, I wonder if ROY awards just look at total numbers and/or play time.