Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vote: Minshew for "Rookie Of The Week"-Week 17

Looks like I picked a bad week to quit snorting Coke.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hope everyone knows that when Wikipedia updates with the Pepsi ROTY results for this year, an asterisk needs to be added to the winner's name.

(01-06-2020, 10:15 AM)iapetus Wrote: I hope everyone knows that when Wikipedia updates with the Pepsi ROTY results for this year, an asterisk needs to be added to the winner's name.

Meh, he doesn't have a great argument for winner unless you are of the mind that the award is simply best rookie QB of the year. He should have gotten the nomination for QBs, but there were many rookies that were better. He wasn't even the best rookie on his own team.

(01-06-2020, 10:59 AM)Upper Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 10:15 AM)iapetus Wrote: I hope everyone knows that when Wikipedia updates with the Pepsi ROTY results for this year, an asterisk needs to be added to the winner's name.

Meh, he doesn't have a great argument for winner unless you are of the mind that the award is simply best rookie QB of the year. He should have gotten the nomination for QBs, but there were many rookies that were better. He wasn't even the best rookie on his own team.

Can't think of one rookie QB that took as big a garbage heap as the Jaguars and did even close to as well.

(01-06-2020, 11:05 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 10:59 AM)Upper Wrote: Meh, he doesn't have a great argument for winner unless you are of the mind that the award is simply best rookie QB of the year. He should have gotten the nomination for QBs, but there were many rookies that were better. He wasn't even the best rookie on his own team.

Can't think of one rookie QB that took as big a garbage heap as the Jaguars and did even close to as well.

And I said that Minshew should be the QB that was the nominee for the award. That doesn't mean he should win it, since it's the rookie of the year and not the QB rookie of the year. Bosa, Allen, Jacobs, Sanders, Brown, McLaurin, Deebo, and probably others were all better than Minshew.

(01-06-2020, 12:22 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Unfortunately I think you can't have a OROY whose own team sat him. That would just be a real weird look. 

It's really a shame because he probably would have won it if not for that.

Him being benched ended his OROY campaign. Just like our season. Thank you TC for that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2020, 09:01 PM by mal234.)

There's another competition out there that Gardner could possibly win. It's the Snickers Hungriest Player award. (He's nominated in that because he got the to wear the snicker chain this year after his performance in Denver.) Fans can comment that he should win that on Instagram. I don't know what type of reward he might get for that. But fans who comment on this award could win suite tickets to a game next season.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6-y8f-hFCf/

That is a horrible award lol

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 09:33 AM by mal234.)

(01-06-2020, 10:14 PM)Newton Wrote: That is a horrible award lol

Lol, though, he does deserve to win something. And he did put it on his Instagram yesterday, so I do think he wants fans to vote for it. I'm not sure what type of reward he may get for it, but maybe there may end up be some type of advertising opportunity connected to it for him.

And I just noticed they put Gardner Minshew III on that advertisement, lol. Maybe they will fix that especially if he wins.

(01-06-2020, 10:59 AM)Upper Wrote:

Whatever your argument might be, the fact is that against a variety of players at a variety of positions he won the weekly award for over half the games he played in. Whatever the criteria people vote on were, he clearly met them better than anyone else.

(01-07-2020, 03:38 PM)iapetus Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 10:59 AM)Upper Wrote: Meh, he doesn't have a great argument for winner unless you are of the mind that the award is simply best rookie QB of the year. He should have gotten the nomination for QBs, but there were many rookies that were better. He wasn't even the best rookie on his own team.

Whatever your argument might be, the fact is that against a variety of players at a variety of positions he won the weekly award for over half the games he played in. Whatever the criteria people vote on were, he clearly met them better than anyone else.

The criteria was have the coolest mustache for most of those weeks.

(01-07-2020, 08:42 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 03:38 PM)iapetus Wrote: Whatever your argument might be, the fact is that against a variety of players at a variety of positions he won the weekly award for over half the games he played in. Whatever the criteria people vote on were, he clearly met them better than anyone else.

Unless I missed something, he still has the coolest mustache. If that's how fans choose who to vote for, he'd still have the edge.

(01-07-2020, 08:42 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 03:38 PM)iapetus Wrote: Whatever your argument might be, the fact is that against a variety of players at a variety of positions he won the weekly award for over half the games he played in. Whatever the criteria people vote on were, he clearly met them better than anyone else.

So, so bitter.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-09-2020, 12:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 08:42 PM)Upper Wrote: The criteria was have the coolest mustache for most of those weeks.

So, so bitter.

Not bitter at all, just not ragingly biased. Minshew wasn't the best rookie for most of those awards he won it's as simple as that.

(01-09-2020, 09:55 AM)Upper Wrote:
(01-09-2020, 12:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So, so bitter.

Not bitter at all, just not ragingly biased. Minshew wasn't the best rookie for most of those awards he won it's as simple as that.

[Image: null-29.png?resize=504%2C500&ssl=1]

(01-09-2020, 09:55 AM)Upper Wrote:
(01-09-2020, 12:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So, so bitter.

Still irrelevant. It's a fan voted award, and whatever criteria fans vote on favour Minshew massively. You can't see that then you're clearly the one with the raging bias problem.

(01-09-2020, 04:24 PM)iapetus Wrote:
(01-09-2020, 09:55 AM)Upper Wrote: Not bitter at all, just not ragingly biased. Minshew wasn't the best rookie for most of those awards he won it's as simple as that.

Still irrelevant. It's a fan voted award, and whatever criteria fans vote on favour Minshew massively. You can't see that then you're clearly the one with the raging bias problem.

If it was as simple as that yes, but people are taking meaningless fan votes and using it to give him a real evaluation. That's when it gets dumb. If fans could compartmentalize then you would be right.

(01-09-2020, 05:15 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-09-2020, 04:24 PM)iapetus Wrote: Still irrelevant. It's a fan voted award, and whatever criteria fans vote on favour Minshew massively. You can't see that then you're clearly the one with the raging bias problem.

If it was as simple as that yes, but people are taking meaningless fan votes and using it to give him a real evaluation. That's when it gets dumb. If fans could compartmentalize then you would be right.

Kind of like how you can't compartmentalize your disdain for the Jags?

I drink Coke, [BLEEP] Pepsi.