Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vote: Minshew for "Rookie Of The Week"-Week 17

http://chng.it/dPnPTq6T2c
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2020, 08:09 PM by mal234.)

Gardner is going to be in Miami next week during the Super Bowl festitivites. He will be hosting a Q&A session during an even that will also feature Peter King from Monday Morning Quarterback/Sports Illustrated.

https://twitter.com/breakingtco/status/1...8959482880

Hopefully, he will get the chance to attend some other events during Super Bowl Week. I wonder if he was invited to anything else including the Pepsi Rookie Bash (Where they usually celebrate the Pepsi Rookie of the Year winner). It would be cool if he attended the NFL Honors, though I don't know if he will.

Also, Jim Nagy wanted Gardner to be the Grand Marshall of the Senior Bowl Mardi Gras Parade. But he couldn't do it because he's on the road trip. That would have been fun thing for him to do:

https://twitter.com/JohnOehser/status/12...5147154433

Nick Bosa ended up winning the Pepsi Rookie of The Year award:

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/12...4090180610

(01-30-2020, 10:44 AM)mal234 Wrote: Nick Bosa ended up winning the Pepsi Rookie of The Year award:

A win predicated entirely on the success and visibility of his franchise. Both Jaguar rookies were better.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-30-2020, 10:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 10:44 AM)mal234 Wrote: Nick Bosa ended up winning the Pepsi Rookie of The Year award:

A win predicated entirely on the success and visibility of his franchise. Both Jaguar rookies were better.

100% True.

Allen was better than Bosa... he got like 2 sacks the last 7 games or something. He got figured out at least somewhat.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2020, 11:06 AM by mal234.)

(01-30-2020, 10:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Yeah and truth be told I think that also Josh Jacobs and Miles Sanders deserved this award over Nick. But I think that Pepsi probably preferred someone like Nick to win it. (Though fans also voted on this award).

After looking at this I wouldn't be surprised if Kyler ends up winning the OROY. Of the nominees I think it should be Josh Jacobs and that AJ Brown (who I also think is nominated) is also more deserving of Kyler. But sometimes they want to push certain people, so it wouldn't shock me if Kyler won it. I think they want to push Nick/him as the newest young faces of the league. Even though some of the other rookies performed better or about just as well as they did.

(01-30-2020, 10:58 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 10:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: A win predicated entirely on the success and visibility of his franchise. Both Jaguar rookies were better.

100% True.

Allen was better than Bosa... he got like 2 sacks the last 7 games or something. He got figured out at least somewhat.
Not to mention Allen played in about 42% of snaps where Bosa was in the high 60s or 70s.

I can only assume that people who think Allen was better than Bosa didn't actually watch the Niners play (I know it's actually more likely huge bias + google). Allen was very good, Bosa was easily better. Unfortunately because so much of what lineman do doesn't show up in a box score so it's easy to trick yourself into thinking otherwise.

And Allen played 60.4% of our defensive snaps, Bosa was 75.8%.

(01-30-2020, 12:33 PM)Upper Wrote: I can only assume that people who think Allen was better than Bosa didn't actually watch the Niners play (I know it's actually more likely huge bias + google). Allen was very good, Bosa was easily better. Unfortunately because so much of what lineman do doesn't show up in a box score so it's easy to trick yourself into thinking otherwise.

I’ve seen him a few times, and I think he leaves a more lasting impression because he’s out there more often. Bosa had about two games worth of snaps more than Allen.

(01-30-2020, 12:33 PM)Upper Wrote: I can only assume that people who think Allen was better than Bosa didn't actually watch the Niners play (I know it's actually more likely huge bias + google). Allen was very good, Bosa was easily better. Unfortunately because so much of what lineman do doesn't show up in a box score so it's easy to trick yourself into thinking otherwise.

This smells.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2020, 03:47 PM by RicoTx.)

Easily better...

LOL.

You don't think it helps that he plays with all of that talent on their defensive line?  Nah, then you'd have to say something positive.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I watched them because they're my second team.

Stop pulling garbage out your butt to make the Jags players seem less - it's all you do. 

Bosa was unstoppable the first half of the season.. then he tapered off. Allen remained what he was all season. Elite. Not his fault the coaches utilized him less than they should have. With 15% more snaps played, Allen would have statistically crushed Bosa.

(01-30-2020, 03:44 PM)Rico Wrote:

Easily better...

LOL.

You don't think it helps that he plays with all of that talent on their defensive line?  Nah, then you'd have to say something positive.

Yannick and Campbell are monsters also so it's not like surrounding talent didn't play a big part for Allen's success too. I just [BLEEP] said that Allen was very good and I have been Yannick's biggest defender for years. Sorry that your threshold for something positive is #1 best out of like 300 rookies or it's slamming him.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2020, 11:04 AM by RicoTx.)

(01-31-2020, 10:34 AM)Upper Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 03:44 PM)Rico Wrote: Easily better...

LOL.

Yannick and Campbell are monsters also so it's not like surrounding talent didn't play a big part for Allen's success too. I just [BLEEP] said that Allen was very good and I have been Yannick's biggest defender for years. Sorry that your threshold for something positive is #1 best out of like 300 rookies or it's slamming him.

Your penchant for shedding very little positive the Jaguars way is remarkable.  No matter what user name, you always have to shed some darkness on anything positive.  For you to say easily better is just one of a plethora of examples.  Not to mention your spazzing about some [BLEEP] fan vote earlier in the year.  If you say anything positive, it is always reluctantly.

If Bosa was better at all, it certainly wasn't by a wide margin.

Were it not for the fact that he played in Jacksonville on a team that won six games, Allen likely would have won the award. San Francisco's Nick Bosa is the likely winner and Allen outperformed him despite playing significantly fewer snaps. Allen had a team-high 10.5 sacks, 44 tackles and two forced fumbles while playing only 42% of the Jaguars' defensive snaps (423). Bosa had nine sacks, 47 tackles, one forced fumble and one interception while playing 76% of the 49ers' defensive snaps (735). Bosa started 14 games. Allen started four. But because the 49ers won 13 games and earned the NFC's top seed, Bosa gets more attention. -- Michael DiRocco

(01-31-2020, 11:06 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Were it not for the fact that he played in Jacksonville on a team that won six games, Allen likely would have won the award. San Francisco's Nick Bosa is the likely winner and Allen outperformed him despite playing significantly fewer snaps. Allen had a team-high 10.5 sacks, 44 tackles and two forced fumbles while playing only 42% of the Jaguars' defensive snaps (423). Bosa had nine sacks, 47 tackles, one forced fumble and one interception while playing 76% of the 49ers' defensive snaps (735). Bosa started 14 games. Allen started four. But because the 49ers won 13 games and earned the NFC's top seed, Bosa gets more attention. -- Michael DiRocco

But...but...Bosa was easily better.

(01-31-2020, 11:07 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 11:06 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Were it not for the fact that he played in Jacksonville on a team that won six games, Allen likely would have won the award. San Francisco's Nick Bosa is the likely winner and Allen outperformed him despite playing significantly fewer snaps. Allen had a team-high 10.5 sacks, 44 tackles and two forced fumbles while playing only 42% of the Jaguars' defensive snaps (423). Bosa had nine sacks, 47 tackles, one forced fumble and one interception while playing 76% of the 49ers' defensive snaps (735). Bosa started 14 games. Allen started four. But because the 49ers won 13 games and earned the NFC's top seed, Bosa gets more attention. -- Michael DiRocco

But...but...Bosa was easily better.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/t...counts.htm

I'm finding conflicting reports but either way, Bosa wasn't easily better. I think the 49ers would still take Bosa but let's also look at this a little more objectively. The 49ers went 13-3 which means the defense was able to pass rusher way more times than the Jags. The 49ers defense was in pass rush mode far more than the Jags were which gave Bosa many more pass rushing opportunities. 

Bosa is fantastic but Allen is right there with him.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2020, 11:17 AM by RicoTx.)

(01-31-2020, 11:11 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 11:07 AM)Rico Wrote: But...but...Bosa was easily better.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/t...counts.htm

I'm finding conflicting reports but either way, Bosa wasn't easily better. I think the 49ers would still take Bosa but let's also look at this a little more objectively. The 49ers went 13-3 which means the defense was able to pass rusher way more times than the Jags. The 49ers defense was in pass rush mode far more than the Jags were which gave Bosa many more pass rushing opportunities. 

Bosa is fantastic but Allen is right there with him.

Precisely my contention.  If he is better at all...it is by an extremely narrow margin.  Easily better?  No [BLEEP] way.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 08:23 PM by mal234.)

Just like I predicted Kyler Murray won the AP offensive Rookie of the Year Award. IMO, he did not deserve it. There were other rookies that were more deserving including Josh Jacobs who was one of the finalists. But just like with Nick, the NFL wants to push Kyler for whatever reasons.

Complete travesty. [BLEEP] Pepsi.