Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mocks...Post and Debate

(01-17-2020, 09:35 AM)JAllen#41 Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 08:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Are you saying Simmons would play MLB?

I can see Gettleman taking Simmons at the Giants pick if Chase is off the board.

(01-17-2020, 12:42 AM)Dimson Wrote: Clemson South.

9: R1P9
WR JERRY JEUDY
ALABAMA

20: R1P20
LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
CLEMSON

42: R2P10
TE COLE KMET
NOTRE DAME

73: R3P9
RB TRAVIS ETIENNE
CLEMSON

113: R4P10
S K'VON WALLACE
CLEMSON

165: R5P19
CB MYLES BRYANT
WASHINGTON

189: R6P10
EDGE CARTER COUGHLIN
MINNESOTA

206: R6P27
DL ROBERT WINDSOR
PENN STATE

223: R7P9
OT TREMAYNE ANCHRUM
CLEMSON

I think Etienne is staying in school

If he does then obviously we can't pick him. If he declares, I want him in teal.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

IMO the top 5 is locked outside of Mia moving up to the 3 slot to pick Tua over a team like the Raiders .

1 Burrow
2 Young
3 Okudah
4. Simmons
5. Tagovailoa

Do the Chargers take Herbert or the safe pick in Brown? From 6 it's somewhat hard to project.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(01-17-2020, 01:51 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: IMO the top 5 is locked outside of Mia moving up to the 3 slot to pick Tua over a team like the Raiders .

1 Burrow
2 Young
3 Okudah
4. Simmons
5. Tagovailoa

Do the Chargers take Herbert or the safe pick in Brown? From 6 it's somewhat hard to project.

Burrow and Young are the only locks for me right now. After that? A lot of it's guess work until we see the combine, the individual team workouts and the interview process has been conducted. 

You also have to consider with what's going on with Tom Brady, Philip Rivers & Andy Dalton. All three of those guys may end up playing for different teams in 2020. If Tom goes to the Chargers? Do they need Herbert? If Rivers goes to Miami? Do they need Tagovailoa? 

There's also other factors. Cam Newton could be traded before the draft. Chicago may not be sold on Trubisky anymore. There's going to be some interesting trade scenarios potentially pop up on opening night. It's just too early at this time to say this player is a lock or that player is a lock in my opinion.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020, 04:23 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-17-2020, 09:46 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 09:35 AM)JAllen#41 Wrote: I can see Gettleman taking Simmons at the Giants pick if Chase is off the board.

I think Etienne is staying in school

If he does then obviously we can't pick him. If he declares, I want him in teal.
Hes staying

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/stat...24896?s=20

Thaddeus Moss declared today. He's an intriguing prospect. Having Randy Moss' blood in your veins doesn't hurt. But he has a lot of physical traits you want out of a receiving TE. Once he starts running at the combine and working out it'll be interesting to see where he's graded out to go.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-17-2020, 04:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Thaddeus Moss declared today. He's an intriguing prospect. Having Randy Moss' blood in your veins doesn't hurt. But he has a lot of physical traits you want out of a receiving TE. Once he starts running at the combine and working out it'll be interesting to see where he's graded out to go.
I kinda like him too but not sure we can roll into next year trusting Oliver and Moss.

(01-17-2020, 04:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 04:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Thaddeus Moss declared today. He's an intriguing prospect. Having Randy Moss' blood in your veins doesn't hurt. But he has a lot of physical traits you want out of a receiving TE. Once he starts running at the combine and working out it'll be interesting to see where he's graded out to go.
I kinda like him too but not sure we can roll into next year trusting Oliver and Moss.

Depends on how much wiggle room they have with the salary cap and whether or not they can afford a player like Austin Hooper if Atlanta doesn't figure out a way to keep him. O'Shaughnessy should also be back. I don't think they would lean on a rookie and 2nd year TE coming off a hindering hamstring injury going into training camp. 

They'll have to add some more depth.

(01-17-2020, 03:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 01:51 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: IMO the top 5 is locked outside of Mia moving up to the 3 slot to pick Tua over a team like the Raiders .

1 Burrow
2 Young
3 Okudah
4. Simmons
5. Tagovailoa

Burrow and Young are the only locks for me right now. After that? A lot of it's guess work until we see the combine, the individual team workouts and the interview process has been conducted. 

You also have to consider with what's going on with Tom Brady, Philip Rivers & Andy Dalton. All three of those guys may end up playing for different teams in 2020. If Tom goes to the Chargers? Do they need Herbert? If Rivers goes to Miami? Do they need Tagovailoa? 

There's also other factors. Cam Newton could be traded before the draft. Chicago may not be sold on Trubisky anymore. There's going to be some interesting trade scenarios potentially pop up on opening night. It's just too early at this time to say this player is a lock or that player is a lock in my opinion.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make here other than that there is three stop gap QBs going into Free Agency. None of those QBs have long term prospects,  so to pass up on a franchise QB seems ludacris.  

Tua is not making it passed the Dolphins. Whether he goes 3, 4, or 5 is up for question. I wouldn't be surprised to see a move like the Jets did a couple years ago to acquire the rights to Sam Darnold before the draft.

(01-17-2020, 04:56 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 03:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Burrow and Young are the only locks for me right now. After that? A lot of it's guess work until we see the combine, the individual team workouts and the interview process has been conducted. 

I don't understand what point you're trying to make here other than that there is three stop gap QBs going into Free Agency. None of those QBs have long term prospects,  so to pass up on a franchise QB seems ludacris.  

Tua is not making it passed the Dolphins. Whether he goes 3, 4, or 5 is up for question. I wouldn't be surprised to see a move like the Jets did a couple years ago to acquire the rights to Sam Darnold before the draft.

Okudah to the Lions at 3? Simmons to the Giants at 4? 

It's just too early man.

Agreed, Is feel pretty comfortable going in to the season with Oshaun, Moss, and Oliver.

(01-17-2020, 04:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 09:46 AM)Dimson Wrote: If he does then obviously we can't pick him. If he declares, I want him in teal.
Hes staying

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/stat...24896?s=20

Son of a. Well that makes my mocks easier, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Here's one I rattled off this morning over coffee with little thought given other than taking a CB early in a possible "Bouye gone bye-bye" scenario. Just took what they gave me even if a couple are unlikely.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-01-17-at-9-11-12-AM.png]

(01-17-2020, 08:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here's one I rattled off this morning over coffee with little thought given other than taking a CB early in a possible "Bouye gone bye-bye" scenario. Just took what they gave me even if a couple are unlikely.

I don't know much about Bachie but overall I wouldn't be mad at this.

Davis falling to the 2nd round would be a steal. I don't think anything else is too out of the realm of possibility though.

(01-18-2020, 12:56 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 08:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here's one I rattled off this morning over coffee with little thought given other than taking a CB early in a possible "Bouye gone bye-bye" scenario. Just took what they gave me even if a couple are unlikely.

I don't know much about Bachie but overall I wouldn't be mad at this.

Davis falling to the 2nd round would be a steal. I don't think anything else is too out of the realm of possibility though.

Bachie would be a perfect ILB for us. More likely he goes late second/ early 3rd though.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2020, 03:14 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-18-2020, 01:29 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 12:56 PM)Kane Wrote: I don't know much about Bachie but overall I wouldn't be mad at this.

Bachie would be a perfect ILB for us. More likely he goes late second/ early 3rd though.
With Wash staying I dont see Jack getting moved from ILB.

I'm kinda surprised more people on here aren't high on Weaver though if we do add a ILB. The guy is exactly what we need at the position

(01-18-2020, 03:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 01:29 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Bachie would be a perfect ILB for us. More likely he goes late second/ early 3rd though.
With Wash staying I dont see Jack getting moved from ILB.

I'm kinda surprised more people on here aren't high on Weaver though if we do add a ILB.  The guy is exactly what we need at the position

I think folks just remember how easily Wash’s scheme allows coverage mismatches on linebackers and how that worked out with Poz, who by all other accounts was the perfect guy on the inside.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2020, 10:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-18-2020, 04:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 03:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: With Wash staying I dont see Jack getting moved from ILB.

I'm kinda surprised more people on here aren't high on Weaver though if we do add a ILB.  The guy is exactly what we need at the position

I think folks just remember how easily Wash’s scheme allows coverage mismatches on linebackers and how that worked out with Poz, who by all other accounts was the perfect guy on the inside.

Im ok if my MLB gives up a few passes if he does everything else well.  As long as he isnt lined up on a WR or one of the premier TEs I think he will be fine which you can pretty much say that about any LB.  He has maybe the best instincts out of any LB in the draft and can run side line to sideline as well as any without the elite speed.  People complained when he gave up a pass here and there but they missed him when he left and realized how good he really was.

(01-19-2020, 10:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 04:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think folks just remember how easily Wash’s scheme allows coverage mismatches on linebackers and how that worked out with Poz, who by all other accounts was the perfect guy on the inside.

Im ok if my MLB gives up a few passes if he does everything else well.  As long as he isnt lined up on a WR or one of the premier TEs I think he will be fine which you can pretty much say that about any LB. 

Just so we're clear -

What you are describing here is exactly what happened with Poz- and that set off 90% of this fanbase clamoring for a faster, better covering linebacker. 

Because in Wash's scheme  - a LB of the variety you are proposing will be mismatched in the way you've just described by every OC with a brain and a good TE and/or slot receiver.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2020, 07:18 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-20-2020, 03:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 10:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Im ok if my MLB gives up a few passes if he does everything else well.  As long as he isnt lined up on a WR or one of the premier TEs I think he will be fine which you can pretty much say that about any LB. 

Just so we're clear -

What you are describing here is exactly what happened with Poz- and that set off 90% of this fanbase clamoring for a faster, better covering linebacker. 

Because in Wash's scheme  - a LB of the variety you are proposing will be mismatched in the way you've just described by every OC with a brain and a good TE and/or slot receiver.

95% of the LBs in the league will lose that matchup if they get lined up with a WR or one of the top TEs.  So it really doesnt matter.  Give me a guy like Poz any day of the week.  He doesn't have to be in on 5 WR sets.  Which of these MLB's are you thinking will be fine when matched up against a WR or Kelce? Hell, Kuechly has been one of the better coverage MLB over the years but it's still something you dont want, him covering a WR. If you got a LB running downfield in man to man with a WR it was a bad defensive play call or you have the wrong personnel out there

(01-20-2020, 07:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 03:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Just so we're clear -

95% of the LBs in the league will lose that matchup if they get lined up with a WR or one of the top TEs.  So it really doesnt matter.  Give me a guy like Poz any day of the week.  He doesn't have to be in on 5 WR sets.  Which of these MLB's are you thinking will be fine when matched up against a WR or Kelce?  Hell, Kuechly has been one of the better coverage MLB over the years but it's still something you dont want, him covering a WR.  If you got a LB running downfield in man to man with a WR it was a bad defensive play call or you have the wrong personnel out there

Putting a guy like Poz out there gives every single team you face an easy bullseye to gameplan and attack over and over. 

Teams pass a majority of the time on first and second down meaning your run first LB is at a disadvantage most of the time. And with PA rates flying up on first down its just asking for trouble