Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mocks...Post and Debate

(01-20-2020, 08:04 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 07:06 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 95% of the LBs in the league will lose that matchup if they get lined up with a WR or one of the top TEs.  So it really doesnt matter.  Give me a guy like Poz any day of the week.  He doesn't have to be in on 5 WR sets.  Which of these MLB's are you thinking will be fine when matched up against a WR or Kelce?  Hell, Kuechly has been one of the better coverage MLB over the years but it's still something you dont want, him covering a WR.  If you got a LB running downfield in man to man with a WR it was a bad defensive play call or you have the wrong personnel out there

Putting a guy like Poz out there gives every single team you face an easy bullseye to gameplan and attack over and over. 

Teams pass a majority of the time on first and second down meaning your run first LB is at a disadvantage most of the time. And with PA rates flying up on first down its just asking for trouble

I'd take Poz over most of the starting MLBs today.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-20-2020, 08:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 08:04 AM)JackCity Wrote: Putting a guy like Poz out there gives every single team you face an easy bullseye to gameplan and attack over and over. 

Teams pass a majority of the time on first and second down meaning your run first LB is at a disadvantage most of the time. And with PA rates flying up on first down its just asking for trouble

I'd take Poz over most of the starting MLBs today.

That's unfortunate

Yeah he doesn't want to win many games in the modern NFL.

Had a little fun with spotrac while bored. Did two different scenarios.

In both, I cut Dareus, Lee, and Ryan and re-structure Foles which opens up 41 mil. And sign Ravens ILB Patrick Onwuasor for $5.5 million to move Jack back outside.

In this first mock, Yan is re-signed for $22 mil.

9: R1P9
LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
CLEMSON
20: R1P20
CB CJ HENDERSON
FLORIDA
42: R2P10
TE COLE KMET
NOTRE DAME
73: R3P9
WR JALEN REAGOR
TCU
113: R4P10
OT CALVIN THROCKMORTON
OREGON
165: R5P19
DL MUSTAFA JOHNSON
COLORADO
189: R6P10
WR COLLIN JOHNSON
TEXAS
206: R6P27
DL DAVON HAMILTON
OHIO STATE
223: R7P9
RB MICHAEL WARREN II
CINCINNATI

In this one, Yan is not back and they sign RB DeAndre Washington for $3 mil, DB Jimmie Ward for $11 million, and DT Danny Shelton for $7 million AAV

9: R1P9
WR JERRY JEUDY
ALABAMA
20: R1P20
EDGE TERRELL LEWIS
ALABAMA
42: R2P10
OT MEKHI BECTON
LOUISVILLE
73: R3P9
G SOLOMON KINDLEY
GEORGIA
113: R4P10
TE JARED PINKNEY
VANDERBILT
165: R5P19
CB JOSIAH SCOTT
MICHIGAN STATE
189: R6P10
LB ANTHONY HINES
TEXAS A&M
206: R6P27
WR ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN
LIBERTY
223: R7P9
DL NAQUAN JONES
MICHIGAN STATE

My latest mock from walkthemock.com for JAX via Default ranking

1:9 - OT Andrew Thomas, Georgia (LT, move Robinson to G)
1:20 - CB Trevon Diggs, Alabama (Good enough CB here to maybe cut Bouye if need be, if not solid group with he, Bouye, Herndon, and Hayden)
2:10 - LB Patrick Queen, LSU (Mike, getting a lot of love recently, Jack to Will)
3:9 - TE Jared Pinkney, Vanderbilt (Move TE to add to Oliver)
4:10 - RB Lamical Perine, Florida (CoP back, eventual replacement for LF)
5:19 - NT Benito Jones, Mississippi (NT)
6:10 - WR Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon St. (WR depth and developmental player)
6:27 - TE Luke Farrell, Ohio State (Inline Blocking TE)
7:9 - FS K'Von Wallace, Clemson (FS competition/depth)

I don't think Thomas lasts til 9 but if he does this draft nails a lot of needs and matches with value.
Cut Dareus. Restructure or cut Campbell. Cut Lee, Swaim, and Ryan. Sign or tag Yan.
Free agency we could address FS possibly, Big End, and OL/DL depth with cheap vets and keep from spending a lot to ensure we keep Yan.

Here's one that assumes we add a TE in free agency:

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-01-21-at-12-00-58-PM.png]

(01-21-2020, 01:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here's one that assumes we add a TE in free agency:

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-01-21-at-12-00-58-PM.png]
In for this

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...-in-top-15

Daniel Jeremiahs first mock. Couple points:

1. The decision between Simmons and Thomas at pick 9 is super intriguing.
2. Love at pick 13 to the Colts ahead of Herbert? Interesting.
3. I would have a real hard time passing up Ruggs, Kinlaw, Delpit, and Jefferson for Henderson.

Becton at 4 would be shocking.

(01-21-2020, 03:50 PM)Upper Wrote: Becton at 4 would be shocking.

I wouldn't be that shocked. As the college season wrapped and people started updating their draft profiles I saw more and more about this guy.
He's a "riser". Has a great build for LT.
Drawing comps to Bryant McKinnie, Orlando Brown and Trent Brown.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go top ten at all. I like him for LT better than some early high mocks (Wirfs, Wills)

(01-21-2020, 02:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...-in-top-15

3. I would have a real hard time passing up Ruggs, Kinlaw, Delpit, and Jefferson for Henderson.

On 3, I'll have to watch more on Henderson because I agree completely right now.

(01-21-2020, 02:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...-in-top-15

I don't pass on a franchise LT for a LB no matter how good he is.
I don't like Love in the first round at all. But I'd be happy to see him go to the clots. I only watched a little bit of him... but I wasn't exactly impressed. His bowl game was especially meh
I wouldn't pass up Kinlaw or Delpit for Henderson either. But I'm fading the idea of a first round WR and wouldn't be mad with Henderson at 20 if he's the best available CB (which in this mock he is)

But DJ knows a lot more than me... so IDK.

(01-21-2020, 04:29 PM)Kane Wrote:

I don't pass on a franchise LT for a LB no matter how good he is.
I don't like Love in the first round at all. But I'd be happy to see him go to the clots. I only watched a little bit of him... but I wasn't exactly impressed. His bowl game was especially meh
I wouldn't pass up Kinlaw or Delpit for Henderson either. But I'm fading the idea of a first round WR and wouldn't be mad with Henderson at 20 if he's the best available CB (which in this mock he is)

I think in DJ's mind we have Robinson.  Just let him continue to mature and play out his contract.  If he's not the guy then you go to that position next year.

(01-21-2020, 04:32 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 04:29 PM)Kane Wrote: I don't pass on a franchise LT for a LB no matter how good he is.

I think in DJ's mind we have Robinson.  Just let him continue to mature and play out his contract.  If he's not the guy then you go to that position next year.

Probably. Still though... I don't pass up on what seems to be a sure thing LT. Robinson hasn't been overly impressive. And I've been a big defender of his but Thomas would be an instant upgrade. Robinson then could slide into RG and we upgrade 2 OL spots in one pick, leaving the rest of the draft to concentrate on NT, mikeLB, CB, FS, and TE.
Taking Simmons means we need to draft IOL still and our OT situation has to get better (Taylor must improve upon rookie year and Robinson has to get better fully removed from injury)
I don't like the riskiness of it.
Our top ten selection needs to improve the team instantly without trying to figure out how. Simmons is a talent but how does Wash use him? Will he scheme him up right for our defense? Does Simmons play Will and then Jack stays in at Mike? And so Quincy Williams is just relegated to backup/ST... Seems like a waste of a 3rd round pick from last year (though, not surprising given the track record of DC/TC)

I'd be fine with anyone of Brown, Thomas, Simmons or Becton at 9. I would definitely go with Kinlaw at pick 20 and take the cornerback in round 2. That is one of the deepest posititions and getting someone like Hall or Diggs would be great value in round 2.

I'd put it 50/50 at best that Kinlaw is available at 20. Maybe less than that even.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2020, 08:54 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-21-2020, 08:37 PM)Upper Wrote: I'd put it 50/50 at best that Kinlaw is available at 20. Maybe less than that even.

He probably wont be because he is the best 3 tech in the draft, or could play 3-4 DE

A couple different approaches with different ways the draft fell

1:9 - DL Derrick Brown, Auburn 
1:20 - OT Mekhi Becton, Louisville 
2:10 - TE Albert Okwuebunam, Missouri 
3:9 - CB Cameron Dantzler, Mississippi State 
4:10 - WR Van Jefferson, Florida 
5:19 - LB Shaquille Quarterman, Miami (FL) 
6:10 - FS Jeremiah Dinson, Auburn 
6:27 - EDGE Bryce Huff, Memphis 
7:9 - RB J.J. Taylor, Arizona 

1:9 - EDGE A.J. Epenesa, Iowa 
1:20 - NT Neville Gallimore, Oklahoma 
2:10 - LB Patrick Queen, LSU 
3:9 - TE Jared Pinkney, Vanderbilt 
4:10 - RB Lamical Perine, Florida 
5:19 - WR Chase Claypool, Notre Dame 
6:10 - OT Jared Hilbers, Washington 
6:27 - CB Stanford Samuels III, Florida St. 
7:9 - DL LaBryan Ray, Alabama

That second one is horrific

I really don't want to use any of our first 4 picks on a TE. Rookie TEs rarely contribute. I would much rather go into next season with a FA TE, Oshaun and Oliver.