Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mocks...Post and Debate

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 02:22 PM by ATLjag.)

WalkTheMock (default) driven-

1. Derrick Brown DT 65 320 Auburn ...stopping the run is priority #1, All-Pro potential.
1. Mekhi Becton OT 67 369 Louisville ...new LT, powerful, nasty, good feet.
2. Patrick Queen LB 61 230 LSU ...fast, physical, can play Mike or Will.
3. Damon Arnette CB 60 195 Ohio State ...athletic, good technique.
4. Cole Kmet TE 64 235 Notre Dame ...good hands, smooth, upside in ability and frame.
5. McTelvin Agim DT 63 308 Arkansas ...lit up bowls, uber athletic, challenge/rotate at 3T.
6. Shaquille Quarterman 62 240 LB Miami ...thumper, needed backup at Mike.
6. Damien Lewis 62 330 G LSU ...interior backup, has development upside.
7. Jake Breeland TE 65 250 Oregon ...add'l TE depth (3rd TE), versatile, productive.

Looking back at it when done, likely should have taken advantage of WR draft depth in the later rounds.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-10-2020, 11:26 AM)Rico Wrote: This is horrible.  Nothing done to upgrade either line in the first three rounds?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...[BLEEP]-on-tua

I certainly don't like the Kmet pick at 20.  I also don't think that a Tackle will be taken.  If a lineman is taken I think it'll be interior.  I know a lot are clamoring for Robinson to be replaced, but I don't think they'll go that route.  I think they'll look at finding someone to replace Cann and that will be all they do for the OL.  Defense on the other hand, is kinda a mess particularly down the middle.  To me the middle of the defense, DT, MLB, Safety (especially if you are a single high coverage scheme) is the most important things to fix and it's no easy feat or else you'd have a lot of great single high teams.  But that's what I would focus on.  I know CB is a need too but if I had to choose, I'd draft down the middle on defense in the 1st three rounds along with an interior OL player.

Kmet at 20 would be such a bad pick that I don't even know where to begin.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 04:43 PM by Caldrac.)

(02-11-2020, 04:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Kmet at 20 would be such a bad pick that I don't even know where to begin.

Saw another mock from CBS where they had us taking Jordan Love. That QB out of Utah State with the 20th overall pick. All I could do was shake my head.

Taking Kmet over the likes of Wirfs, Jones, Diggs & Delpit in this particular mock draft would have me concerned with the scouting staff and personnel decision maker. 

This TE class isn't really eye opening to where you take one in RD1. Doesn't make any sense. Even with Kmet in the mix and maybe Moss out of LSU coming into the draft late it still doesn't warrant anyone from this group shooting up draft boards. Not enough film on these guys. Not enough on the stat sheet neither. 

I do hope though that this allows other players like Bryant & Trautman to fall further to us potentially in RD4 or later at this point.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Any mock with us taking a QB is bullcrap.

Minshew is heads n shoulders BETTER right now than Kyler Murray ever will be... and we are seeing the floor of Gardner's ability.

(02-11-2020, 04:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 04:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Kmet at 20 would be such a bad pick that I don't even know where to begin.

Saw another mock from CBS where they had us taking Jordan Love. That QB out of Utah State with the 20th overall pick. All I could do was shake my head.

Taking Kmet over the likes of Wirfs, Jones, Diggs & Delpit in this particular mock draft would have me concerned with the scouting staff and personnel decision maker. 

This TE class isn't really eye opening to where you take one in RD1. Doesn't make any sense. Even with Kmet in the mix and maybe Moss out of LSU coming into the draft late it still doesn't warrant anyone from this group shooting up draft boards. Not enough film on these guys. Not enough on the stat sheet neither. 

I do hope though that this allows other players like Bryant & Trautman to fall further to us potentially in RD4 or later at this point.
No way will Bryant fall to the 4th.  He probably wont make it out of the 2nd and I think he will be the first TE taken. I'd be very shocked if he is there with our 3rd round pick but if he has a good combine will be a 2nd round lock imo

(02-11-2020, 05:10 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Any mock with us taking a QB is bullcrap.

Minshew is heads n shoulders BETTER right now than Kyler Murray ever will be... and we are seeing the floor of Gardner's ability.

You should not have been drinking this much on a Tuesday night.

(02-11-2020, 05:10 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Any mock with us taking a QB is bullcrap.

I would trade Minshew and #9 for Murray. He's about the make that massive year 2 leap like Mahomes and Jackson.

lol

10: R1P10
CB JEFF OKUDAH
OHIO ST.
18: R1P18
WR CEEDEE LAMB
OKLAHOMA
57: R2P25
DL RAEKWON DAVIS
ALABAMA
73: R3P9
C CESAR RUIZ
MICHIGAN
74: R3P10
WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON
LSU
101: R3P37
TE HARRISON BRYANT
FAU
113: R4P10
S KYLE DUGGER
LENOIR-RHYNE
128: R4P25
RB CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE
LSU
155: R5P9
LB LOGAN WILSON
WYOMING
165: R5P19
LB JORDYN BROOKS
TEXAS TECH
171: R5P25
DL BENITO JONES
OLE MISS
189: R6P10
EDGE TREVIS GIPSON
TULSA

I've had a few goes at this and found it's hard to get OT sorted unless you use one of the first round picks, because the draft simulators swipe them off the board pretty quick.

But after a couple of goes, this is what I came away with.. (just a five round mock) It's short on skill players and high on defense, but that's probably not a bad thing.

9: LB ISAIAH SIMMONS (too good to ignore and the top two DTs had gone, as I suspect they probably will)
20: OT JEDRICK WILLS (possibly unlikely, but there should be one of the OTs here)
42: CB A.J. TERRELL (I found it was hard to get a CB if I didn't pick one in the first two rounds)

And then I stocked up on defense..

73: DL JORDAN ELLIOTT
113: LB LOGAN WILSON
165: DL DAVON HAMILTON

My latest mock from walkthemock.com for JAX via Default ranking

1:9 - DL Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina
1:20 - OT Tristan Wirfs, Iowa
2:10 - WR Justin Jefferson, LSU
3:9 - TE Jared Pinkney, Vanderbilt
4:10 - RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, LSU
5:19 - LB Shaquille Quarterman, Miami (FL)
6:10 - CB Essang Bassey, Wake Forest
6:27 - FS Alohi Gilman, Notre Dame
7:9 - EDGE Bryce Huff, Memphis

Fairly offense heavy draft. Kinlaw in round 1 helps shore up run D while also adding penetration from inside, Wirfs can slide right into RG as a rookie and possibly compete for OT in year 2. Jefferson is an eventual (if not immediate) replacement for our WR#2 spot that Conley currently has. Pinkney adds more talent and youth to TE where Oliver is still a "?" and James O will be coming back from ACL. Get Fournette's eventual replacement in round 4. A guy who can push for starting MIKE role in round 5. Some depth and competition added late on defensive side.

(02-12-2020, 01:44 PM)Kane Wrote: My latest mock from walkthemock.com for JAX via Default ranking

Fairly offense heavy draft.  Kinlaw in round 1 helps shore up run D while also adding penetration from inside, Wirfs can slide right into RG as a rookie and possibly compete for OT in year 2. Jefferson is an eventual (if not immediate) replacement for our WR#2 spot that Conley currently has. Pinkney adds more talent and youth to TE where Oliver is still a "?" and James O will be coming back from ACL. Get Fournette's eventual replacement in round 4. A guy who can push for starting MIKE role in round 5. Some depth and competition added late on defensive side.
I really like all of those picks except Pinkey. I would rather this team see what they have in Oliver and sign a veteran TE.

(02-12-2020, 03:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 01:44 PM)Kane Wrote: My latest mock from walkthemock.com for JAX via Default ranking

Fairly offense heavy draft.  Kinlaw in round 1 helps shore up run D while also adding penetration from inside, Wirfs can slide right into RG as a rookie and possibly compete for OT in year 2. Jefferson is an eventual (if not immediate) replacement for our WR#2 spot that Conley currently has. Pinkney adds more talent and youth to TE where Oliver is still a "?" and James O will be coming back from ACL. Get Fournette's eventual replacement in round 4. A guy who can push for starting MIKE role in round 5. Some depth and competition added late on defensive side.
I really like all of those picks except Pinkey. I would rather this team see what they have in Oliver and sign a veteran TE.

Can't remember exactly but using the walkthemock big board Pinkney was the only pick of a position of need at all. I tend to agree that TE isn't that high on my needs board but at the time I think there were a ton of WR options and some DL guys... which I felt WR would have been a double dip and DL would have been taking a jar on the shelf in the first round vs a player that could potentially start or at least play a significant role.
Round 3 in this particular draft was the only one that gave me pause. Everything else was a pretty natural selection.

With many trades...absolutely a blast but completely unrealistic (via first-pick.com). A man can dream:

Your score is: 38029 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 15 (DEN): Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (A-)
Round 1 Pick 26 (MIA): Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (B+)
Round 2 Pick 10: Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 2 Pick 14 (DEN): Zack Baun, OLB, Wisconsin (A-)
Round 3 Pick 6 (MIA): Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State (A)
Round 3 Pick 11 (IND): Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU (A-)
Round 3 Pick 13 (DEN): Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 23 (N.E.): Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue (A+)
Round 3 Pick 33 (N.E.): Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 12 (DEN): Evan Weaver, ILB, California (B-)
Round 4 Pick 16 (IND): Cam Akers, RB, Florida State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19: Jeffrey McCulloch, OLB, Texas (A+)
Round 5 Pick 32 (DEN): Demetris Robertson, WR, Georgia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: Gabriel Davis, WR, Central Florida (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: Benito Jones, DT, Mississippi (A+)

(02-13-2020, 01:51 PM)ATLjag Wrote: With many trades...absolutely a blast but completely unrealistic (via first-pick.com).  A man can dream:

Your score is: 38029 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 15 (DEN): Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (A-)
Round 1 Pick 26 (MIA): Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (B+)
Round 2 Pick 10: Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 2 Pick 14 (DEN): Zack Baun, OLB, Wisconsin (A-)
Round 3 Pick 6 (MIA): Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State (A)
Round 3 Pick 11 (IND): Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU (A-)
Round 3 Pick 13 (DEN): Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 23 (N.E.): Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue (A+)
Round 3 Pick 33 (N.E.): Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 12 (DEN): Evan Weaver, ILB, California (B-)
Round 4 Pick 16 (IND): Cam Akers, RB, Florida State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19: Jeffrey McCulloch, OLB, Texas (A+)
Round 5 Pick 32 (DEN): Demetris Robertson, WR, Georgia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: Gabriel Davis, WR, Central Florida (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: Benito Jones, DT, Mississippi (A+)

lol

Javon Kinlaw

, IDL
South Carolina

Tristan Wirfs

, OT
Iowa

Cameron Dantzler

, CB
Mississippi State

Antoine Winfield Jr.

, S
Minnesota

Denzel Mims

, WR
Baylor

Thaddeus Moss

, TE
LSU

Logan Wilson

, LB
Wyoming

Trevis Gipson

, EDGE
Tulsa

Lamical Perine

, RB
Florida

(02-10-2020, 02:21 PM)ATLjag Wrote: WalkTheMock (default) driven-

1. Derrick Brown DT 65 320 Auburn ...stopping the run is priority #1, All-Pro potential.
1. Mekhi Becton OT 67 369 Louisville ...new LT, powerful, nasty, good feet.
2. Patrick Queen LB 61 230 LSU ...fast, physical, can play Mike or Will.
3. Damon Arnette CB 60 195 Ohio State ...athletic, good technique.
4. Cole Kmet TE 64 235 Notre Dame ...good hands, smooth, upside in ability and frame.
5. McTelvin Agim DT 63 308 Arkansas ...lit up bowls, uber athletic, challenge/rotate at 3T.  
6. Shaquille Quarterman 62 240 LB Miami ...thumper, needed backup at Mike.
6. Damien Lewis 62 330 G LSU ...interior backup, has development upside.
7. Jake Breeland TE 65 250 Oregon ...add'l TE depth (3rd TE), versatile, productive.

Looking back at it when done, likely should have taken advantage of WR draft depth in the later rounds.

I like this alot.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2020, 01:58 PM by CSTblank.)

[font=Lato]Had this fall my way on first-pick. Traded up with Cincinnati to number 7 sacrificing our 3rd round pick, then traded back with Baltimore from 20 to 28 picking up their 2nd and 3rd rounder. Then traded out of the 3rd round with Cincinnati picking up their 4th 5th and 7th rounders (didn’t see much fall off in available talent from rd3 pick 28 to rd4 pick 1 , so why not gain two additional picks)[/font]

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 7 (CAR): Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 28 (BALT): Xavier McKinney, SS/FS, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 10: JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 28 (BALT): Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 1 (CINN): Lloyd Cushenberry III, C/OG, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 10: KJ Hill, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1 (CINN): Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19: Pete Werner, OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Shaquille Quarterman, ILB/OLB, Miami (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: Desmond Franklin, FS/SS, Appalachian State (A-)
Round 7 Pick 1 (CINN): Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: AJ Green, CB, Oklahoma State (A+)

(02-12-2020, 08:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 04:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Saw another mock from CBS where they had us taking Jordan Love. That QB out of Utah State with the 20th overall pick. All I could do was shake my head.

No way will Bryant fall to the 4th.  He probably wont make it out of the 2nd and I think he will be the first TE taken. I'd be very shocked if he is there with our 3rd round pick but if he has a good combine will be a 2nd round lock imo

I think you're right. Just saw Bucky Brooks list of top 5's at each position. He's got Harrison Bryant 3rd and Adam Trautman 4th now. Once these guys start running around at the combine or during their respective pro day's they'll more than likely all fluctuate on team's draft boards.

This is an interesting class. Really hope they land one of these two guys though.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

20: R1P20
OT JEDRICK WILLS
ALABAMA
33: R2P1
CB JEFF GLADNEY
TCU
51: R2P19
WR K.J. HAMLER
PENN STATE
59: R2P27
DL RAEKWON DAVIS
ALABAMA
64: R2P32
S ASHTYN DAVIS
CALIFORNIA
65: R3P1
RB JONATHAN TAYLOR
WISCONSIN
73: R3P9
CB CAMERON DANTZLER
MISSISSIPPI STATE
82: R3P18
C CESAR RUIZ
MICHIGAN
94: R3P30
TE HARRISON BRYANT
FLORIDA ATLANTIC
104: R4P1
LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE
120: R4P17
EDGE JONATHAN GARVIN
MIAMI
147: R5P1
RB ANTONIO GIBSON
MEMPHIS
165: R5P19
DL DAVON HAMILTON
OHIO STATE
189: R6P10
CB AMIK ROBERTSON
LOUISIANA TECH
223: R7P9
OT TYRE PHILLIPS
MISSISSIPPI STATE

Ridiculously good and unrealistic draft aside, I feel like the depth of this draft class is so good that entering the draft with a potential plan to trade down and hoard picks in day 2 and early day 3 could be a very productive strategy.