Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags officially pick 9 and 20.

(01-02-2020, 09:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 09:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This is why I think they'll go defense with both of their picks on opening night. It starts to slim down talent wise after RD2 for me.

They'll look to land the best CB and one of the top two or three athletes overall at DT, LB or S.

I really think defense will be the focal point on opening night in general across the NFL.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Agree, the only offensive player I think we might take in the 1st is Biadasz with the 2nd pick.  Doug and Tom know how much we need a RG.   I do think its almost a lock though that we take Brown or Simmons with our pick at 9 unless something crazy happens between now and then.

Huh

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 10:15 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-02-2020, 10:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 09:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agree, the only offensive player I think we might take in the 1st is Biadasz with the 2nd pick.  Doug and Tom know how much we need a RG.   I do think its almost a lock though that we take Brown or Simmons with our pick at 9 unless something crazy happens between now and then.

Huh

Dave, my bad lol. Ive had a few

(01-02-2020, 10:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 09:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agree, the only offensive player I think we might take in the 1st is Biadasz with the 2nd pick.  Doug and Tom know how much we need a RG.   I do think its almost a lock though that we take Brown or Simmons with our pick at 9 unless something crazy happens between now and then.

Huh

It's January 2nd. The only thing I know for sure about this draft is that there is definitely not "almost a lock" on who we are gonna select at 9.

The degree of certainty in how people discuss the draft on here is hilarious to me.

I hope Dave is at the Gator Bowl right now watching Trey Smith. He is a straight mauler and would do wonders for our RG spot.

(01-02-2020, 11:08 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I hope Dave is at the Gator Bowl right now watching Trey Smith. He is a straight mauler and would do wonders for our RG spot.

From Walterfootball:

Quote:Trey Smith would've been the No. 2 pick in this 2020 NFL Mock Draft if it weren't for some serious injury concerns. Smith has gotten blood clots in his lungs, so I don't know what that means for his playing status going forward. It's a huge shame, as Smith is ridiculously talented.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Worst case scenario:

Round 1 Pick 1 (1) Bengals: Burrow, Joe (QB) LSU
Round 1 Pick 2 (2) Redskins: Young, Chase (DE/OLB) Ohio State
Round 1 Pick 3 (3) Lions: Epenesa, AJ (DE/OLB) Iowa
Round 1 Pick 4 (4) Giants: Thomas, Andrew (OT) Georgia
Round 1 Pick 5 (5) Dolphins: Wirfs, Tristan (OT) Iowa
Round 1 Pick 6 (6) Chargers: Jeudy, Jerry (WR) Alabama
Round 1 Pick 7 (7) Panthers: Brown, Derrick (DT) Auburn
Round 1 Pick 8 (8) Cardinals: Simmons, Isaiah (OLB/ILB) Clemson
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(01-03-2020, 01:08 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Worst case scenario:

Potentially trade down with someone looking for Tua/Herbert? Or just pick Okudah... Or Lamb... Not the end of the world...

That would be an excellent top 8, Wills Jr falling to 9 would be just as big of a steal as Ramsey or Allen.

(01-03-2020, 02:18 PM)Upper Wrote: That would be an excellent top 8, Wills Jr falling to 9 would be just as big of a steal as Ramsey or Allen.

Relax

(01-03-2020, 11:38 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 11:08 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I hope Dave is at the Gator Bowl right now watching Trey Smith. He is a straight mauler and would do wonders for our RG spot.

From Walterfootball:

Quote:Trey Smith would've been the No. 2 pick in this 2020 NFL Mock Draft if it weren't for some serious injury concerns. Smith has gotten blood clots in his lungs, so I don't know what that means for his playing status going forward. It's a huge shame, as Smith is ridiculously talented.

Yup. His medical will be big but he could be a massive steal in the draft. High risk, high reward.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2020, 04:25 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-03-2020, 02:56 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 11:38 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
From Walterfootball:

Yup. His medical will be big but he could be a massive steal in the draft. High risk, high reward.

If we dont go oline with one of our 2 1sts, he's my top guy for us in the 2nd

Take Okudah and don't look back.

(01-04-2020, 02:16 AM)enigma Wrote:

Take Okudah and don't look back.

Absolutely, he’s top 3 for me. Also would be shocked if Chargers took a WR

Woo Wills Jr officially declared. Big boost to the talent that could be available at 9 whether it's him or someone that gets pushed down cause he goes earlier.

(01-04-2020, 02:53 PM)Upper Wrote: Woo Wills Jr officially declared. Big boost to the talent that could be available at 9 whether it's him or someone that gets pushed down cause he goes earlier.
Not familiar with him.

Top 10 pick? Any comps?

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2020, 05:02 PM by Upper.)

(01-04-2020, 04:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 02:53 PM)Upper Wrote: Woo Wills Jr officially declared. Big boost to the talent that could be available at 9 whether it's him or someone that gets pushed down cause he goes earlier.
Not familiar with him.

Top 10 pick? Any comps?

He's comped to Lane Johnson. Extremely athletic mauler who is playing RT only because they have an entrenched dude at LT already. Just as Johnson would likely dominate at LT if Peters wasn't there, so will Wills Jr on the left side if given the chance in the pros as expected.

Also, it sounds like Tua is leaning towards going pro now so that's great news to push another guy down to us.

https://twitter.com/WingfieldNFL/status/...2785009664

(01-04-2020, 05:01 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 04:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Not familiar with him.

Top 10 pick? Any comps?

He's comped to Lane Johnson. Extremely athletic mauler who is playing RT only because they have an entrenched dude at LT already. Just as Johnson would likely dominate at LT if Peters wasn't there, so will Wills Jr on the left side if given the chance in the pros as expected.

Also, it sounds like Tua is leaning towards going pro now so that's great news to push another guy down to us.

https://twitter.com/WingfieldNFL/status/...2785009664

I just don't see it. Can you elaborate further?

(01-04-2020, 04:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Not familiar with him.

Top 10 pick? Any comps?
That's because he came out of nowhere and now all of sudden he's a top10 pick? I'm a bit skeptical,  kind of like Eric Fischer,  shot out of nowhere.

(01-04-2020, 05:27 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 04:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Not familiar with him.

Top 10 pick? Any comps?
That's because he came out of nowhere and now all of sudden he's a top10 pick? I'm a bit skeptical,  kind of like Eric Fischer,  shot out of nowhere.

Coming out of nowhere isn't right, but he was under the radar for a while because he was an underclassman that people weren't sure if he would come out and the aforementioned playing at RT which doesn't get as much attention. Then people watched more and said essentially holy [BLEEP]:

https://twitter.com/JReidNFL/status/1209171979187736577

So Tua at 9 and Willis at 20. I’m in! Lol