Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags officially pick 9 and 20.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 03:47 PM by Upper.)

And now Bama has announce a press conference for Tua and Saban tomorrow at noon. Guess the pendulum is swinging back toward Tua staying in school. Who knows, we'll find out tomorrow.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-05-2020, 03:38 PM)Upper Wrote: And now Bama has announce a press conference for Tua and Saban tomorrow at noon. Guess the pendulum is swinging back toward Tua staying in school. Who knows, we'll find out tomorrow.

I really hope he declares.  The last thing we need is Brown and Simmons to go in the top 8

Sweet Tua declares. Push someone good down to 9 plz and thank you.

(01-06-2020, 01:11 PM)Upper Wrote: Sweet Tua declares. Push someone good down to 9 plz and thank you.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Good deal, we needed Tua to come out considering we won those two meaningless games at the end of the season.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2020, 07:37 PM by MojoKing.)

9. Wills Jr
20. Kenneth Murray or Kinlaw

Those are my picks , I think Brown is going to the Lions and Chargers are going to take Andrew Thomas for when they land Brady

(01-06-2020, 05:53 PM)MojoKing Wrote: 9. Wills Jr
20. Kenneth Murray or Kinlaw

Those are my picks , I think Brown is going to the Lions and Chargers are going to take Andrew Thomas for when they land Brady

This is a worst case scenario for me outside of landing Kinlaw with the 20th pick. 

Not a fan of taking a RT with the 9th overall pick when you already have Taylor there from your 2nd RD addition last year. We need a left tackle. Austin Jackson out of USC. Trey Adams out of Washington. Josh Jones out of Houston. Prince Tega Wanogho out of Auburn. They're all respectable LT prospects and there's a good chance you can land one of them with the 2nd RD pick. 

Kenneth Murray seems reasonable at 20 but I think there's going to be better value there at several other positions. Trevon Diggs at CB, Javon Kinlaw at DT and maybe Grant Delpit at FS. I honestly like Jordyn Brooks out of Texas Tech and Malik Harrison out of Ohio St. just a little bit more than Kenneth Murray at this point.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Wills Jr is going to be a left tackle.

(01-07-2020, 08:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Wills Jr is going to be a left tackle.
Cool. Hope that failed experiment doesn't come here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-07-2020, 09:42 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 08:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Wills Jr is going to be a left tackle.
Cool. Hope that failed experiment doesn't come here.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to protect Minshew with the best tackle in the draft.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 10:12 PM by Caldrac.)

(01-07-2020, 10:03 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 09:42 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Cool. Hope that failed experiment doesn't come here.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to protect Minshew with the best tackle in the draft.
Best tackle in the draft is Andrew Thomas. Who actually plays LT.

Not a guy that's dominated at RT for 29 games. Who you think will somehow translate into a great LT at the NFL level.

No thanks. Protecting any QB is crucial. When it makes sense. . .

Drafting a RT to play LT with the 9th overall pick doesn't.

(01-07-2020, 10:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Best tackle in the draft is Andrew Thomas. Who actually plays LT.

The number of people who think that is shrinking every day.

Yeah I think you'd be crazy to pass up Thomas for Wills if you want an LT

Cornerback is the hardest position for me to evaluate, but I think if for one reason or another we don't take Biadasz I think Fulton should be the pick at 20 as of right now.

Brugler's 2.0 mock has us getting Simmons and Diggs. Sign me up for that right now.

(01-14-2020, 11:21 AM)Upper Wrote: Brugler's 2.0 mock has us getting Simmons and Diggs. Sign me up for that right now.

I'd be completely fine with that.  I think the best value for interior OL will be rounds 2-4 and I think the same for interior DL.  I like Leki Fotu in that range for interior DL.  I'll have to look more at the interior OL.

After seeing Fulton last night, I want no parts of him in the first round.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Walk the Mock:
My latest mock from walkthemock.com for JAX via Default ranking

1:9 - DL Derrick Brown, Auburn
1:20 - C Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin
2:10 - G Solomon Kindley, Georgia
3:9 - TE Jared Pinkney, Vanderbilt
4:10 - LB Malik Harrison, Ohio State
5:19 - OT Lucas Niang, Texas Christian
6:10 - RB J.J. Taylor, Arizona
6:27 - CB Mark Gilbert, Duke
7:9 - WR Jauan Jennings, Tennessee

(01-14-2020, 03:51 PM)Kane Wrote: Walk the Mock: