Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags officially pick 9 and 20.

Tua is going to be healthy and throwing in a showcase before the draft. That week 17 win that dropped us from the #4 pick is going to cost us a lot of draft picks we could have gotten in a trade down.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2020, 09:35 AM)Upper Wrote: Tua is going to be healthy and throwing in a showcase before the draft. That week 17 win that dropped us from the #4 pick is going to cost us a lot of draft picks we could have gotten in a trade down.
Wahhhhhh, just hit on the picks we have like the good teams do and we will be fine.  There will be very good players available for us in our first 3 picks at the very least and we have 2 picks in the top 20 and one in the top 10.  That last win was great for the team and Minshew

(01-15-2020, 09:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 09:35 AM)Upper Wrote: Tua is going to be healthy and throwing in a showcase before the draft. That week 17 win that dropped us from the #4 pick is going to cost us a lot of draft picks we could have gotten in a trade down.
Wahhhhhh, just hit on the picks we have like the good teams do and we will be fine.  There will be very good players available for us in our first 3 picks at the very least and we have 2 picks in the top 20 and one in the top 10.  That last win was great for the team and Minshew

Lol every year fans say that and it means exactly zero. There is no carry over effect from meaningless week 17 wins.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 10:21 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-15-2020, 10:13 AM)Upper Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 09:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Wahhhhhh, just hit on the picks we have like the good teams do and we will be fine.  There will be very good players available for us in our first 3 picks at the very least and we have 2 picks in the top 20 and one in the top 10.  That last win was great for the team and Minshew

Lol every year fans say that and it means exactly zero. There is no carry over effect from meaningless week 17 wins.

I'd rather players not have that loser mentality and inwant my QB to have confidence,  winning games is how you start

(01-15-2020, 09:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Wahhhhhh, just hit on the picks we have like the good teams do and we will be fine.  There will be very good players available for us in our first 3 picks at the very least and we have 2 picks in the top 20 and one in the top 10.  That last win was great for the team and Minshew

If that is true why did all the teams that wasnt in the playoffs week 17 play their starters and try to win?  You think you know more than every one of those teams lol?

And you say this from your years of experience as an NFL player...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-15-2020, 10:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 10:13 AM)Upper Wrote: Lol every year fans say that and it means exactly zero. There is no carry over effect from meaningless week 17 wins.

I'd rather players not have that loser mentality and inwant my QB to have confidence,  winning games is how you start

(01-15-2020, 10:13 AM)Upper Wrote: Lol every year fans say that and it means exactly zero. There is no carry over effect from meaningless week 17 wins.

If that is true why did all the teams that wasnt in the playoffs week 17 play their starters and try to win?  You think you know more than every one of those teams lol?
Jags 2013: "Hey. After starting 0-8, we finished the second half 4-4! Let's carry that into next year!"
Jags 2014: 3-13...... Why didn't we carry it?!

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 11:21 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-15-2020, 11:17 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 10:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd rather players not have that loser mentality and inwant my QB to have confidence,  winning games is how you start

Jags 2013: "Hey. After starting 0-8, we finished the second half 4-4! Let's carry that into next year!"

That's an easy question, you dont know the answer to this?  We had one of the worst coaches in NFL history, Chad Henne, and a rookie Bortles. Did you forget the talent we had in those teams as well?

(01-15-2020, 11:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 11:17 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags 2013: "Hey. After starting 0-8, we finished the second half 4-4! Let's carry that into next year!"

That's an easy question, you dont know the answer to this?  We had one of the worst coaches in NFL history, Chad Henne, and a rookie Bortles.  Did you forget the talent we had in those teams as well?
So the team that went 4-4 with the same coaches and QB didn't carry over that success into the following year and won 1 less game? Shocked.

(01-15-2020, 12:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 11:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's an easy question, you dont know the answer to this?  We had one of the worst coaches in NFL history, Chad Henne, and a rookie Bortles.  Did you forget the talent we had in those teams as well?
So the team that went 4-4 with the same coaches and QB didn't carry over that success into the following year and won 1 less game? Shocked.

I mean I would hope you wouldn't be shocked lol.  Did you forget who we had?

(01-15-2020, 12:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 11:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's an easy question, you dont know the answer to this?  We had one of the worst coaches in NFL history, Chad Henne, and a rookie Bortles.  Did you forget the talent we had in those teams as well?
You dont believe there is no such thing as confidence, good or bad?  Or that players can learn how to win by winning games instead of just losing every game.

(01-15-2020, 10:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I would agree with all of this if we had a GM that i felt confident in.  Saying position doesnt matter is all well and good if we have a decent Gm that can hit on the picks in the spot he is in, or is smart enough to trade up or down if a gem is within reach.  If not, then a loss is way better than a W when its the last game of the year.  I don't know how may top 5 teams are there multiple years and keep failing besides us.  Maybe its alot of teams and im just reaching.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(01-15-2020, 12:47 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 10:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd rather players not have that loser mentality and inwant my QB to have confidence,  winning games is how you start

I would agree with all of this if we had a GM that i felt confident in.  Saying position doesnt matter is all well and good if we have a decent Gm that can hit on the picks in the spot he is in, or is smart enough to trade up or down if a gem is within reach.  If not, then a loss is way better than a W when its the last game of the year.  I don't know how may top 5 teams are there multiple years and keep failing besides us.  Maybe its alot of teams and im just reaching.

Then the problem isn't the win, it's the GM

(01-15-2020, 01:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 12:47 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I would agree with all of this if we had a GM that i felt confident in.  Saying position doesnt matter is all well and good if we have a decent Gm that can hit on the picks in the spot he is in, or is smart enough to trade up or down if a gem is within reach.  If not, then a loss is way better than a W when its the last game of the year.  I don't know how may top 5 teams are there multiple years and keep failing besides us.  Maybe its alot of teams and im just reaching.

Both can be detriments to the best pick we can possibly make. Doesn't have to be one or the other

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 01:26 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(01-15-2020, 01:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 12:47 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I would agree with all of this if we had a GM that i felt confident in.  Saying position doesnt matter is all well and good if we have a decent Gm that can hit on the picks in the spot he is in, or is smart enough to trade up or down if a gem is within reach.  If not, then a loss is way better than a W when its the last game of the year.  I don't know how may top 5 teams are there multiple years and keep failing besides us.  Maybe its alot of teams and im just reaching.

Yes....but with the win it now puts us in a higher percentile chance of failing to land a top tier player like with Ramsey and Allen falling in our lap as no brainers.  Now we leave it to chance but hopefully the team has a winner mentality even if we fail to get the players needed to help us win.  Almost a 50% lose lose scenario just to get players to believe in themselves outside of being NFL players.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(01-15-2020, 12:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 12:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So the team that went 4-4 with the same coaches and QB didn't carry over that success into the following year and won 1 less game? Shocked.
You dont believe there is no such thing as confidence, good or bad?  Or that players can learn how to win by winning games instead of just losing every game.
From season to season? No. There is way too much turnover and changing circumstances from game to game let alone season to season to have a win in week 17 effect game 1 of the following season. This is only in terms of teams not making the playoffs. Getting hot at the end of the season and taking it into the post season is a real thing 
(Titans).

I can find plenty of circumstances where wins in week 17 hurt a franchise though (gifting the Colts Andrew Luck for example).

You think out of all the fan bases, the Jags fans would know best that a higher draft pick doesn't lead to success lol.

(01-15-2020, 02:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You think out of all the fan bases, the Jags fans would know best that a higher draft pick doesn't lead to success lol.

I can't believe that it's 2020 and people are still talking like this.

(01-15-2020, 02:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You think out of all the fan bases, the Jags fans would know best that a higher draft pick doesn't lead to success lol.
You would think that with a basic understanding of math you could understand that picking higher gives you a better chance at getting a better player.

(01-15-2020, 02:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
You would think that with a basic understanding of math you could understand that picking higher gives you a better chance at getting a better player.

But does it really?  If that's the case, us, the Browns, the Cardinals, and a few other teams that always pick at the top would have the best teams in the league

(01-15-2020, 03:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 02:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You would think that with a basic understanding of math you could understand that picking higher gives you a better chance at getting a better player.

But does it really?  If that's the case, us, the Browns, the Cardinals, and a few other teams that always pick at the top would have the best teams in the league
Stop.

The larger the player pool you have to choose from, the better your chances of getting a better player. You would rather have #9 than #1 in any given year?