Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags officially pick 9 and 20.

(01-24-2020, 03:12 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 01:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Jawaan Taylor is a pretty good RT..... not sure why people think otherwise.

His 14 penalties were 3rd worst in the NFL and his 8 sacks given up were 4th worst (I know pressures allowed is better but I don't have those). I think he could get a little better with experience, but the main problem is that his feet are just too heavy vs speed rushers and that isn't getting better with experience.

It's not a major priority to replace him at RT (yet) like it is Cam with LT, but if a really good tackle prospect is available we could kill two birds with one stone.

He started every single snap with no injury, no real dropoff after game 12. That's great for a rookie. I think he will be decent with better coaching.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

PFF mock 2.0 gives us Brown and Higgins. Obviously thrilled with Brown, but Ruggs going at 21 is a bit of a gut shot he would fit our offense much better IMO.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pff-2020-...tagovailoa

(02-03-2020, 11:19 AM)Upper Wrote: PFF mock 2.0 gives us Brown and Higgins. Obviously thrilled with Brown, but Ruggs going at 21 is a bit of a gut shot he would fit our offense much better IMO.

Agree. If they are going WR at 20, Ruggs would be much better.

(02-03-2020, 12:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 11:19 AM)Upper Wrote: PFF mock 2.0 gives us Brown and Higgins. Obviously thrilled with Brown, but Ruggs going at 21 is a bit of a gut shot he would fit our offense much better IMO.

Agree. If they are going WR at 20, Ruggs would be much better.

Generally I agree with the preference of a speedy, field stretching WR, but I am unsure at the moment if he fits a WCO better than a bigger WR.

Traditionally, WCO teams have employed bigger WRs. However in recent years, WCO teams have used smaller, faster WRs to add a new dimension to the attacks.  For a long time, the Eagles had DeSean Jackson in their WCO attack with much success.  The Chiefs overloaded on speed in their WCO, with Tyreek Hill, Hardman, and Watkins (though he has some size.  Just last year, Washington with Gruden added Terry McLaurin who is more of a speed guy than a size guy, but I am not prepared to say what kinds f player Gruden desires for his scheme.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-12-2020, 08:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 12:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Agree. If they are going WR at 20, Ruggs would be much better.

Generally I agree with the preference of a speedy, field stretching WR, but I am unsure at the moment if he fits a WCO better than a bigger WR.

Traditionally, WCO teams have employed bigger WRs. However in recent years, WCO teams have used smaller, faster WRs to add a new dimension to the attacks.  For a long time, the Eagles had DeSean Jackson in their WCO attack with much success.  The Chiefs overloaded on speed in their WCO, with Tyreek Hill, Hardman, and Watkins (though he has some size.  Just last year, Washington with Gruden added Terry McLaurin who is more of a speed guy than a size guy, but I am not prepared to say what kinds f player Gruden desires for his scheme.
Brandon Aiyuk

(02-12-2020, 09:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 08:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Generally I agree with the preference of a speedy, field stretching WR, but I am unsure at the moment if he fits a WCO better than a bigger WR.

Brandon Aiyuk

I have looked at many of the receiver prospects, but haven't gotten to him yet.  Last one I studied was Hamler.  I have a theory that may color/bias my analysis in his favor, but I want to study him more before offering any opinion.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-12-2020, 08:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 12:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Agree. If they are going WR at 20, Ruggs would be much better.

That's not just west coast offenses it's the whole NFL really. Throwing to an open receiver is +++EV compared to throwing a 50/50 jump ball to a catch radius receiver, even if that receiver is someone as good as Arob or Alshon was.

(02-12-2020, 11:47 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 09:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Brandon Aiyuk

I have looked at many of the receiver prospects, but haven't gotten to him yet.  Last one I studied was Hamler.  I have a theory that may color/bias my analysis in his favor, but I want to study him more before offering any opinion.

Yay bullseye's back, happy days

I don't have Aiyuk in my top 10 of WRs atm

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2020, 09:46 AM by Upper.)

Kiper's mock 2.0 has us getting Simmons and Henderson. Am I the only one who has noticed that almost none of these mocks that gives us a CB at 20 say it's because the player is actually good enough to go that high it's all about us needing to replace Ramsey. While that's true we have more than enough needs that one of the top tier left will also fill a need, and that's probably not any of the cornerbacks. Give me Ruggs, Queen, Murray, or Josh Jones (or probably several others) at 20 plz.

(02-18-2020, 09:34 AM)Upper Wrote: Kiper's mock 2.0 has us getting Simmons and Henderson. Am I the only one who has noticed that almost none of these mocks that gives us a CB at 20 say it's because the player is actually good enough to go that high it's all about us needing to replace Ramsey. While that's true we have more than enough needs that one of the top tier left will also fill a need, and that's probably not any of the cornerbacks. Give me Ruggs, Queen, Murray, or Josh Jones (or probably several others) at 20 plz.

Yeah, Henderson is my 2nd favorite corner behind Okudah but like you, there are other players that will be there that i would take over him.  If we cut Bouye corner will be a much bigger need than it is now but I still want to go BPA regardless

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2020, 11:43 AM by JackCity.)

(02-18-2020, 09:34 AM)Upper Wrote: Kiper's mock 2.0 has us getting Simmons and Henderson. Am I the only one who has noticed that almost none of these mocks that gives us a CB at 20 say it's because the player is actually good enough to go that high it's all about us needing to replace Ramsey. While that's true we have more than enough needs that one of the top tier left will also fill a need, and that's probably not any of the cornerbacks. Give me Ruggs, Queen, Murray, or Josh Jones (or probably several others) at 20 plz.

Id rather have Gladney than all of those players , except maybe Jones if we don't land a tackle early.

Both Gladney and Henderson project as shutdown corners and that's super valuable. Even if Bouye stays another season he's gone after that

(02-18-2020, 11:41 AM)JackCity Wrote:

Id rather have Gladney than all of those players , except maybe Jones if we don't land a tackle early.

Both Gladney and Henderson project as shutdown corners and that's super valuable. Even if Bouye stays another season he's gone after that

I admit that secondary is my hardest/the hardest position to scout so I'm not dying on this hill, but it doesn't sound to me like any corners after Okudah project as shut down guys.

I see people drooling about Josh Jones' movement at LT, Queen's all around polish and dynamic athleticism, Rugg's terrifying deep speed and underrated power and underneath game, etc. When it see people talk about the other CBs it sounds more like "well someone has to be 2nd at the position...".

So is this really a great or "elite" CB class? Aside from Okudah, there seem to be a lot of "fairly good" prospects, but nobody really outstanding.

Is it just being seen as a good class because there's a plentiful supply of average guys?

And if that's the market we're shopping in, how about AJ Terrell? He had a bad day in the LSU game, but was never a mile away from his receiver and had a pretty good college career up until that point.

(02-19-2020, 10:29 AM)Andy G Wrote: So is this really a great or "elite" CB class?  Aside from Okudah, there seem to be a lot of "fairly good" prospects, but nobody really outstanding.

Is it just being seen as a good class because there's a plentiful supply of average guys?

And if that's the market we're shopping in, how about AJ Terrell?  He had a bad day in the LSU game, but was never a mile away from his receiver and had a pretty good college career up until that point.

My issue on the CBs of this draft is after say round 2, there's nothing that is coming to help the team. So if we don't land Okudah, Fulton, Henderson or Diggs, I think we're stuck with Bouye and Herndon.
If we cut Bouye, I don't see how we can't target one of the top 3-4 guys at CB...
If Bouye is indeed a cap cut... CB at 20 is almost a must.
Guys like Terrell and Hall, and Gladney are OK picks but not sure they are going to be #1 CB guys (and I say not sure because of my general lack of knowledge and me not being an actual NFL scout lol)

CB is one of the positions we may have to reach a bit this year depending on how our roster trimming goes. Whereas WR, and even OL, is a bit more loaded in this draft so we can wait a bit on some of those guys.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2020, 12:10 PM by JackCity.)

(02-19-2020, 09:33 AM)Upper Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 11:41 AM)JackCity Wrote: Id rather have Gladney than all of those players , except maybe Jones if we don't land a tackle early.

I admit that secondary is my hardest/the hardest position to scout so I'm not dying on this hill, but it doesn't sound to me like any corners after Okudah project as shut down guys.

I see people drooling about Josh Jones' movement at LT, Queen's all around polish and dynamic athleticism, Rugg's terrifying deep speed and underrated power and underneath game, etc. When it see people talk about the other CBs it sounds more like "well someone has to be 2nd at the position...".

Its a super deep class. Outside of Okudah, Fulton/Gladney/Henderson all project that way for me and then dudes like Dantzler and Diggs (don't like Diggs personally) are highly thought of as 1v1 corners. 

I really haven't seen any of that from Queen myself. He's regarded as a raw but v physically talented one year wonder who only really turned it on in the back half of the season but projects we'll as a coverage linebacker. He's probably the player I'm most bullish on being a big reach in a super weak class

(02-19-2020, 10:43 AM)Kane Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 10:29 AM)Andy G Wrote: So is this really a great or "elite" CB class?  Aside from Okudah, there seem to be a lot of "fairly good" prospects, but nobody really outstanding.

And if that's the market we're shopping in, how about AJ Terrell?  He had a bad day in the LSU game, but was never a mile away from his receiver and had a pretty good college career up until that point.

My issue on the CBs of this draft is after say round 2, there's nothing that is coming to help the team. So if we don't land Okudah, Fulton, Henderson or Diggs, I think we're stuck with Bouye and Herndon.
If we cut Bouye, I don't see how we can't target one of the top 3-4 guys at CB...
Guys like Terrell and Hall, and Gladney are OK picks but not sure they are going to be #1 CB guys (and I say not sure because of my general lack of knowledge and me not being an actual NFL scout lol)

CB is one of the positions we may have to reach a bit this year depending on how our roster trimming goes. Whereas WR, and even OL, is a bit more loaded in this draft so we can wait a bit on some of those guys.

Corner is up there with WR and RBs in terms of depth in this year's draft. Really impressive class that goes all the way into round 4 with potential above average starters.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2020, 01:37 PM by JagJohn.)

As far as CBs go its:

Okudah
(Big gap)
Fulton
Henderson
Gladney
Diggs
Johnson
Dantzler
Hall
Igbinoghene
Arnette

They are the ones that seem to be generally agreed upon as projecting as good starting outside CBs.

I think they may well end up taking one at 20, but you could argue that waiting till the top of the 3rd and seeing which of them remain is the best strategy, if a little risky.

Personally, I really like Dantzler.

(02-19-2020, 12:07 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 09:33 AM)Upper Wrote: I admit that secondary is my hardest/the hardest position to scout so I'm not dying on this hill, but it doesn't sound to me like any corners after Okudah project as shut down guys.

Its a super deep class. Outside of Okudah, Fulton/Gladney/Henderson all project that way for me and then dudes like Dantzler and Diggs (don't like Diggs personally) are highly thought of as 1v1 corners. 

I really haven't seen any of that from Queen myself. He's regarded as a raw but v physically talented one year wonder who only really turned it on in the back half of the season but projects we'll as a coverage linebacker. He's probably the player I'm most bullish on being a big reach in a super weak class

(02-19-2020, 10:43 AM)Kane Wrote: My issue on the CBs of this draft is after say round 2, there's nothing that is coming to help the team. So if we don't land Okudah, Fulton, Henderson or Diggs, I think we're stuck with Bouye and Herndon.

Corner is up there with WR and RBs in terms of depth in this year's draft. Really impressive class that goes all the way into round 4 with potential above average starters.

So the CB class is just as good as the WR class at the top end?  

Or is it being seen as a good class because its got a lot of potentially above-average starters available for the later rounds?

(02-19-2020, 02:49 PM)Andy G Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 12:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: Its a super deep class. Outside of Okudah, Fulton/Gladney/Henderson all project that way for me and then dudes like Dantzler and Diggs (don't like Diggs personally) are highly thought of as 1v1 corners. 

So the CB class is just as good as the WR class at the top end?  

Or is it being seen as a good class because its got a lot of potentially above-average starters available for the later rounds?

The top end rivals WRs too. Just WR group has more depth after the first 6/7 corners or so. The WR depth will go all the way through round 5/6, corner will drop off around round 4

The top corners rival the top WRs? Whew that is a take that is very different than the consensus.