Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
IF......the Pats let Brady walk...hmmmm

The biggest mistake Belichick and Kraft ever made is letting the 26-year-old Garoppolo walk so they could keep the 40-yard-old Brady. Brady may be the greatest of all time, but they could’ve had another twenty years of winning with Garoppolo. A lot of teams go years without finding someone that good. I can’t wait until Brady retires, Belichick chokes without him, and that town goes back to being about the Celtics.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 08:43 AM by RicoTx.)

(01-07-2020, 05:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 05:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: How bad was Philly wishing they still had him on Sunday night? Even though McCown did play admirably.

I am sure they wished they had him back up there. McCown did the best he could on short notice. Wentz just has a terrible ability of getting injured at the worst of times. He's got a lot of great attributes you want in a QB. 

But other than last year and his rookie year he's yet to play a full season and then his first play-off start results with him getting injured. 

Trying to remember if there's any other QB that has had a similar start during their first four years.

I don't think being injury prone had anything to do with Wentz getting hurt on Sunday.  Did you see the cheap shot that Clowney delivered to the back of his head?  If anything, I'm surprised he got up as quickly as he did.  Any player would have been concussed by that hit.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 11:31 AM by Caldrac.)

(01-08-2020, 08:43 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 05:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I am sure they wished they had him back up there. McCown did the best he could on short notice. Wentz just has a terrible ability of getting injured at the worst of times. He's got a lot of great attributes you want in a QB. 

But other than last year and his rookie year he's yet to play a full season and then his first play-off start results with him getting injured. 

Trying to remember if there's any other QB that has had a similar start during their first four years.

I don't think being injury prone had anything to do with Wentz getting hurt on Sunday.  Did you see the cheap shot that Clowney delivered to the back of his head?  If anything, I'm surprised he got up as quickly as he did.  Any player would have been concussed by that hit.

I only saw where he slid down and he looked to have been hit on his lower back. I thought that was what was initially injured. His lower back. I'll have to go back and look at it.

Never mind. I see it now. He drove his elbow into the back of his helmet. That's pretty damn dirty. I would think the NFL suspends him for the rest of the play-off's at the minimum.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2020, 11:50 AM by RicoTx.)

(01-08-2020, 11:30 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 08:43 AM)Rico Wrote: I don't think being injury prone had anything to do with Wentz getting hurt on Sunday.  Did you see the cheap shot that Clowney delivered to the back of his head?  If anything, I'm surprised he got up as quickly as he did.  Any player would have been concussed by that hit.

I only saw where he slid down and he looked to have been hit on his lower back. I thought that was what was initially injured. His lower back. I'll have to go back and look at it.

Never mind. I see it now. He drove his elbow into the back of his helmet. That's pretty damn dirty. I would think the NFL suspends him for the rest of the play-off's at the minimum.

Nah, you need to look again.  It looked to be a deliberate helmet-to-helmet as Wentz is already going down.  All you have to do is Google "Clowney hit on Wentz" and you'll see everybody else's opinion as well.  Although all I am seeing are still photos at this point.  Can't find a video.  He'll end up getting a fine and nothing else.  Clowney seems to be the only one that thinks it was clean.

At least there's a better still of the original hit here:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/e...sible-fine

[Image: Clowney_Wentz_helmet.0cee1e59.fill-735x490.png]

(01-08-2020, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: Clowney_Wentz_helmet.0cee1e59.fill-735x490.png]

It's funny they don't have video of it anywhere.  Even the Eagles NFL.com site has highlights from the game.  Hell, if that wasn't a highlight I don't know what was.  That was the turning point in the game.

(01-08-2020, 01:43 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: Clowney_Wentz_helmet.0cee1e59.fill-735x490.png]

It's funny they don't have video of it anywhere.  Even the Eagles NFL.com site has highlights from the game.  Hell, if that wasn't a highlight I don't know what was.  That was the turning point in the game.

The ball, the QB and one of the highest profile defensive players in football, all in the same spot during a playoff game and nobody has video?  I thought only the Patriots could make that kind of evidence disappear!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-08-2020, 12:58 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: The biggest mistake Belichick and Kraft ever made is letting the 26-year-old Garoppolo walk so they could keep the 40-yard-old Brady. Brady may be the greatest of all time, but they could’ve had another twenty years of winning with Garoppolo. A lot of teams go years without finding someone that good. I can’t wait until Brady retires, Belichick chokes without him, and that town goes back to being about the Celtics.

Garropolo sucks. Any QB can do well in Shanahan's system. Game on the line and the other team knows he has to throw hes just bad. Watch the last drive of regulation in the first Seattle game. Hes just not a good QB.

(01-08-2020, 03:05 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 12:58 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: The biggest mistake Belichick and Kraft ever made is letting the 26-year-old Garoppolo walk so they could keep the 40-yard-old Brady. Brady may be the greatest of all time, but they could’ve had another twenty years of winning with Garoppolo. A lot of teams go years without finding someone that good. I can’t wait until Brady retires, Belichick chokes without him, and that town goes back to being about the Celtics.

Garropolo sucks. Any QB can do well in Shanahan's system. Game on the line and the other team knows he has to throw hes just bad. Watch the last drive of regulation in the first Seattle game. Hes just not a good QB.

Good QBs have bad games. 

I've never subscribed to the idea that a system can make a bad QB into a good QB. Otherwise, we'd see more teams using that system and with equal success. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's benefiting from that running game and defense, but I don't believe a bad QB has a near-70% completion percentage, 8.3 YPA, and a 100 QB rating for their career. He was probably better in New England (statistically), so I'm not sure the system arguments holds too much water.

(01-08-2020, 04:50 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 03:05 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Garropolo sucks. Any QB can do well in Shanahan's system. Game on the line and the other team knows he has to throw hes just bad. Watch the last drive of regulation in the first Seattle game. Hes just not a good QB.

Good QBs have bad games. 

I've never subscribed to the idea that a system can make a bad QB into a good QB. Otherwise, we'd see more teams using that system and with equal success. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's benefiting from that running game and defense, but I don't believe a bad QB has a near-70% completion percentage, 8.3 YPA, and a 100 QB rating for their career. He was probably better in New England (statistically), so I'm not sure the system arguments holds too much water.

Enter Nick Mullens

(01-05-2020, 07:33 PM)Jags Wrote: As much as I can’t stand TB12, there’s no way IMHO he leaves NE.  He’s got six rings.  So money chase? He’s got the money.  A [BLEEP] ton of it.  And if reports are right, he’s not even the bread winner.  So chasing a high contract seems unlikely.  I think he just seeks the wins.  Which means the Pats and Bill Belichick.  To me, buying out of your contract seems like he either A. Isn’t happy with management or B. Wants to get paid for his efforts rather than taking team friendly deals.  

I think we’ll see at least one more year of the three headed snake

In the pros you don’t get paid for your efforts, you get paid for what they think your worth in the future.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2020, 09:47 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(01-07-2020, 03:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 11:44 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Tom Brady isn't even as good as Gardner Minshew.

Wow.

So you're saying you didn't watch Tom Brady play at all this last season. Gotcha.

Well, I'm sorry to tell you that at 42, by game 8, he looked awful.

Can he still be productive in the right system? Sure. But as has been said by multiple people, his accuracy has dropped off quite a bit - and that was his game.