Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
IF......the Pats let Brady walk...hmmmm

(01-05-2020, 10:55 AM)jon2005 Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 10:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's not, you pay Foles and cut or trade him next offseason. He's a good influence on Minshew and an experienced backup.

It's all about cap money. Having Foles consuming so much cap cash makes him a liability preventing us from paying and keeping other good players. Foles in an anchor around this team's neck.

Yes, and the cap number goes up if he's not on the roster. He costs less next season if he's here than if he isn't.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-05-2020, 07:33 PM)Jags Wrote: As much as I can’t stand TB12, there’s no way IMHO he leaves NE. He’s got six rings. So money chase? He’s got the money. A [BLEEP] ton of it. And if reports are right, he’s not even the bread winner. So chasing a high contract seems unlikely. I think he just seeks the wins. Which means the Pats and Bill Belichick. To me, buying out of your contract seems like he either A. Isn’t happy with management or B. Wants to get paid for his efforts rather than taking team friendly deals.

I think we’ll see at least one more year of the three headed snake
His house is on the market and they just lowered the price. He is gone.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I still think a good landing spot for Foles would be Pittsburgh. Rudolph was horrible. Hodges is a scrub. And Rothliesberger had elbow surgery serious enough where they were talking about him retiring.

Wishful thinking.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-05-2020, 07:33 PM)Jags Wrote: As much as I can’t stand TB12, there’s no way IMHO he leaves NE.  He’s got six rings.  So money chase? He’s got the money.  A [BLEEP] ton of it.  And if reports are right, he’s not even the bread winner.  So chasing a high contract seems unlikely.  I think he just seeks the wins.  Which means the Pats and Bill Belichick.  To me, buying out of your contract seems like he either A. Isn’t happy with management or B. Wants to get paid for his efforts rather than taking team friendly deals.  

I think we’ll see at least one more year of the three headed snake

....the only other outcome I can foresee is he follows McD wherever he ends up

Tom Brady coming to the Jags would be like Lionel Messi signing with the Jacksonville Armada.

(01-06-2020, 03:59 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Tom Brady coming to the Jags would be like Lionel Messi signing with the Jacksonville Armada.

No, it would be more like the world is ending.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-06-2020, 03:59 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Tom Brady coming to the Jags would be like Lionel Messi signing with the Jacksonville Armada.

It would be a disaster at this point of his career honestly. You think Foles got hurt fast?

Tom Brady isn't even as good as Gardner Minshew.

(01-07-2020, 11:44 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Huh
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 12:18 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(01-07-2020, 11:46 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 11:44 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Tom Brady isn't even as good as Gardner Minshew.

Huh

I mean, statistically Minshew was better except for win total this year. Equal comp %, Minshew had a better YPA, TD %, INT %, Passer Rating, and obviously more rushing yards.

(01-07-2020, 12:17 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 11:46 AM)Rico Wrote: Huh

I mean, statistically Minshew was better except for win total this year. Equal comp %, Minshew had a better YPA, TD %, INT %, Passer Rating, and obviously more rushing yards.

Yep, he's 42.. it's over. He looked awful the last 9 games of the season. Just awful.

Brady's done, and frankly I still 100% believe the magic resided with Belichick and not Brady. I'd love to see him go somehwere else and prove me right, though.

My 2 cents

It seems every year we get the Brady/Belichick retire questions. This is the first year its looked rocky. Something happened with the whole Kraft, Brady, Jimmy G, Belichick situation and it's not repaired. I've seen lots of talking heads saying the Chargers and LA would be a great spot for him and the TB12 brand. I could see it. I see some thinking Brady and McDaniels might be a twin package for a team. Most NFL teams would take that.

I dont think Brady will retire, he thinks he still has a few seasons and with some weapons and a good D he will get you to the playoffs. Kraft will do everything to keep him so if hes back I think it will be New England but this is the first time I've genuinely thought he may leave.

(01-07-2020, 02:13 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: My 2 cents

It seems every year we get the Brady/Belichick retire questions. This is the first year its looked rocky. Something happened with the whole Kraft, Brady, Jimmy G, Belichick situation and it's not repaired. I've seen lots of talking heads saying the Chargers and LA would be a great spot for him and the TB12 brand. I could see it. I see some thinking Brady and McDaniels might be a twin package for a team. Most NFL teams would take that.

I dont think Brady will retire, he thinks he still has a few seasons and with some weapons and a good D he will get you to the playoffs. Kraft will do everything to keep him so if hes back I think it will be New England but this is the first time I've genuinely thought he may leave.

I disagree. I think he's run his course in NE

(01-07-2020, 02:15 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 02:13 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: My 2 cents

I disagree. I think he's run his course in NE

I just mean that Kraft seems to love him. They seem to have a lot of respect for each other. I dont think Kraft wants to see him play for another team or have to play against him. I think Kraft will want him to stay but not neccessarily from  a football perspective.

And Bradys issues in NE dont seem to be Kraft.

Wow.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The Yin to Ronster's Yang.

(01-06-2020, 08:35 AM)Rico Wrote: I still think a good landing spot for Foles would be Pittsburgh.  Rudolph was horrible.  Hodges is a scrub.  And Rothliesberger had elbow surgery serious enough where they were talking about him retiring.

Wishful thinking.

Makes a lot of sense on paper. Wish we could ship him back up to Philadelphia. Wentz cannot stay healthy. He's cursed.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-07-2020, 05:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 08:35 AM)Rico Wrote: I still think a good landing spot for Foles would be Pittsburgh.  Rudolph was horrible.  Hodges is a scrub.  And Rothliesberger had elbow surgery serious enough where they were talking about him retiring.

Wishful thinking.

Makes a lot of sense on paper. Wish we could ship him back up to Philadelphia. Wentz cannot stay healthy. He's cursed.

How bad was Philly wishing they still had him on Sunday night? Even though McCown did play admirably.

(01-07-2020, 05:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 05:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Makes a lot of sense on paper. Wish we could ship him back up to Philadelphia. Wentz cannot stay healthy. He's cursed.

How bad was Philly wishing they still had him on Sunday night? Even though McCown did play admirably.

I am sure they wished they had him back up there. McCown did the best he could on short notice. Wentz just has a terrible ability of getting injured at the worst of times. He's got a lot of great attributes you want in a QB. 

But other than last year and his rookie year he's yet to play a full season and then his first play-off start results with him getting injured. 

Trying to remember if there's any other QB that has had a similar start during their first four years.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."