Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This is our guy

(01-07-2020, 02:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Minshew only made $685k last year and only has a 4-year contract valued at $2.7 million so he may need to covert that RV into a luxury food truck to afford his monthly payments + the cost of gas.
He did say free things to do

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-07-2020, 07:41 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 02:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Minshew only made $685k last year and only has a 4-year contract valued at $2.7 million so he may need to covert that RV into a luxury food truck to afford his monthly payments + the cost of gas.
He did say free things to do

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Well, not only that but, if I made 685k... I don’t think I’d need an adornments to make a cross country trip.  Dude is still well paid by our standards.

(01-07-2020, 07:36 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 07:05 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Hes going to miss the whole of next season attending births of his kids!!

Or applying ointment.  Either way, Way to go Gardner!

(01-07-2020, 04:43 PM)TJBender Wrote: They say Jesus could walk on water. Gardnew Minshew can drive an RV across it.
I buy it.

(01-07-2020, 05:15 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: All he needs is Arizona Tech, which is crazy... In league play that would normally be designated a free space.

So... tell more about this Arizona Tech place...

All of this just proves he’s a rookie.  Maybe the kid does need more time.

(01-07-2020, 06:01 PM)NH3 Wrote: I hope like hell that he stays in shape. I'm worried.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I'm not worried with him. He lives for football, he's just a big personality. He'll be fine.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2020, 08:34 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-07-2020, 04:15 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Minshew's dad was on 1010 earlier today.  The RV trip is a 30 day one and Gardner has plans to visit various friends (mostly ex-college teammates) along the way, hit some suggested stops, and do some hunting and fishing during the trip.  He mentioned Gardner does not own the RV, but is being given it to use for the period for doing some promotional stuff in return.

ah ha -- now, that makes much more sense.  no mention of shacking up with chicks during his trip ??  perhaps that is simply implied and does not need to be expressly stated.

(01-07-2020, 08:28 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 06:01 PM)NH3 Wrote: I hope like hell that he stays in shape. I'm worried.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I'm not worried with him. He lives for football, he's just a big personality. He'll be fine.

Yeah, I’m not worried either.  Matter of fact, it didn’t even cross my mind. It’s not like we’re talking about Blake “12 Beers Down” Bortles. 

Wait,  what’s up with Telvin, again?  Maybe I’ve got them confused

Hopefully he’s going to LA to attend quarterback camp I think it would be a wise move by him but enjoy the trip

(01-07-2020, 09:35 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: Hopefully he’s going to LA to attend quarterback camp I think it would be a wise move by him but enjoy the trip

I disagree. I currently have a career that I always dreamed about. I love the stuff I get to do for a living.

But there are times I want to just get away from it all. Not worry about work related issues, and just relax and let life come slow as I decompress.

Kid worked his but off, he can have the 30 day vacation. I hope he comes back ready for his first season as the starter.

It's only natural to want a break, even if you love what you do. Happens to everyone. Those guys are no different.

(01-07-2020, 09:35 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: Hopefully he’s going to LA to attend quarterback camp I think it would be a wise move by him but enjoy the trip

I think at this point it's mandatory that Jags migrate to LA

That LA QB camp didn't do much for our last QB.

(01-08-2020, 11:56 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote:

That LA QB camp didn't do much for our last QB.

Sadly it actually did wonders for him lol imagine if he didn't go....

(01-08-2020, 05:11 AM)Vosse Wrote: It's only natural to want a break, even if you love what you do. Happens to everyone. Those guys are no different.

And Rookie seasons are worse.  He has been at it since February of last year.  Maybe the rookie wall is added to by all the combine and pre-draft stuff before even making a NFL Roster.  I think he will take care of his body and be ready to go.  At this point, I doubt he is going to go all Johnny Manziel on us in the off season.  No Affluenza there.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-08-2020, 01:24 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 05:11 AM)Vosse Wrote: It's only natural to want a break, even if you love what you do. Happens to everyone. Those guys are no different.

And Rookie seasons are worse.  He has been at it since February of last year.  Maybe the rookie wall is added to by all the combine and pre-draft stuff before even making a NFL Roster.  I think he will take care of his body and be ready to go.  At this point, I doubt he is going to go all Johnny Manziel on us in the off season.  No Affluenza there.
I think someone else mentioned that it's only for 30 days. Dude will come back in February at some point and start the process of becoming the starter. Minshew is not Manziel or Bortles after their rookie year.

The same place that turned Bortles into an elite QB?

(01-08-2020, 01:36 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

The same place that turned Bortles into an elite QB?

Actually, Bortles was a very good QB for a short while after he attended QB camp. Unfortunately old bad habits soon returned during the season.

(01-07-2020, 10:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

I disagree. I currently have a career that I always dreamed about. I love the stuff I get to do for a living.

But there are times I want to just get away from it all. Not worry about work related issues, and just relax and let life come slow as I decompress.

Kid worked his but off, he can have the 30 day vacation. I hope he comes back ready for his first season as the starter.

Bull!  He needs to be working on his craft 24/7/365 or he's not trying!  Btw, are you guys hiring?  I don't much like my job Sad

I read an article that said he is working to get Minshew Mania, Minshew Magic and one other thing trademarked. Something about his mustache.

Smart dude. Also, a new 'story' is up on his Instagram.

Freaking. Legend.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2020, 12:45 AM by mal234.)

I was looking at the newest story that Gardner had posted on his Instagram. He gave a shout out to Louisiana Tech, and thanked them for the first "swole sesh" of his trip. He posted a picture of their gym. It looks like he might be working out during this trip. I know there was some concern that he might not be in as good of shape after this trip. But it looks like he will be working out during it.

(01-09-2020, 12:44 AM)mal234 Wrote: I was looking at the newest story that Gardner had posted on his Instagram. He gave a shout out to Louisiana Tech, and thanked them for the first "swole sesh" of his trip. He posted a picture of their gym. It looks like he might be working out during this trip. I know there was some concern that he might not be in as good of shape after this trip. But it looks like he will be working out during it.

I know people love to invent [BLEEP] to worry about - but why the hell are people worried that this guy is going to stop taking care of himself?? 

The man wears cut-off jorts too short for the average woman to look good in, regularly does a series of calisthenics in his jock strap in the middle of a crowded locker room, and has repeatedly harped on winning and doing whatever it takes to win. 

I have zero concerns that this young man will better himself this offseason and 30 days in an RV isn't going to ruin him.