Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This is our guy

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2020, 10:28 AM by mal234.)

(01-08-2020, 11:05 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I read an article that said he is working to get Minshew Mania, Minshew Magic and one other thing trademarked. Something about his mustache.

Smart dude. Also, a new 'story' is up on his Instagram.

Freaking. Legend.

Yeah, "Mississippi Moustache" is the other one he wants to get trademarked. I think that's a good idea. I think that Gardner is very marketable and we could see that come into fruition more as he hopefully, has more success in this league.

Even now, like on his Instagram, I've seen some companies up on there posting to him. Nascar asked him if he wanted to be mayor for Talladega Superspeedway 2020, and Oscar Meyer posted at him and said they wanted to make him an honorary hot dogger and that "Gardner Meatshew" has a nice ring to, it lol. And I've seen Levi's posting on one of his Instagram posts as well. 

If he has nice success in this league, I could definitely see him getting endorsement opportunities. Which would be good for him and also the team/Jacksonville, to have a QB who is able to do that. It would be nice to see more positive attention being brought to everyone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-09-2020, 10:16 AM)mal234 Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 11:05 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I read an article that said he is working to get Minshew Mania, Minshew Magic and one other thing trademarked. Something about his mustache.

Freaking. Legend.

Yeah, "Mississippi Moustache" is the other one he wants to get trademarked. I think that's a good idea. I think that Gardner is very marketable and we could see that come into fruition more as he hopefully, has more success in this league.

Even now, like on his Instagram, I've seen some companies up on there posting to him. Nascar asked him if he wanted to be mayor for Talladega Superspeedway 2020, and Oscar Meyer posted at him and said they wanted to make him an honorary hot dogger and that "Gardner Meatshew" has a nice ring to, it lol. And I've seen Levi's posting on one of his Instagram posts as well. 

If he has nice success in this league, I could definitely see him getting endorsement opportunities. Which would be good for him and also the team/Jacksonville, to have a QB who is able to do that. It would be nice to see more positive attention being brought to everyone.
We need him to succeed. He is the guy we have waited 25 years for. Whether you like him or not or even if you think we can draft someone better. We need him to succeed.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2020, 12:45 PM by mal234.)

(01-09-2020, 11:20 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-09-2020, 10:16 AM)mal234 Wrote: Yeah, "Mississippi Moustache" is the other one he wants to get trademarked. I think that's a good idea. I think that Gardner is very marketable and we could see that come into fruition more as he hopefully, has more success in this league.

We need him to succeed. He is the guy we have waited 25 years for. Whether you like him or not or even if you think we can draft someone better. We need him to succeed.

I really do hope he ends up being successful.

He is good blend of everyman mixed with potential star/celebrity. Speaking of celebrities/people connected to them and other athletes, I saw some of them reaching out to him on Instagram. Patrick Schwarzenegger one of Arnold's sons invited him on Instagram to smoke some Cuban Cigars in a jacuzzi in LA, lol. Vitor Belfort from the UFC invited him to visit his fitness and lifestyle center and offered to pay for food drinks at the restaurant there. I've seen a couple of comedians inviting him to stuff and several NFL players including some on other teams posting to him. 

There's could be a lot of opportunities for him and a lot of good attention that could come to the team/Jacksonville's way. Hopefully, he will be successful as a QB for this team and those things will happen.

Freaking. Legend.

Between him and Doug, we'd have the market cornered on celebrity spokespersons!!!

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2020, 10:49 PM by americus 2.0.)

Freaking. Legend.

As long as he's smart about it all and none of it interferes with his job as our QB I'm down with it.

(01-09-2020, 08:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-09-2020, 12:44 AM)mal234 Wrote: I was looking at the newest story that Gardner had posted on his Instagram. He gave a shout out to Louisiana Tech, and thanked them for the first "swole sesh" of his trip. He posted a picture of their gym. It looks like he might be working out during this trip. I know there was some concern that he might not be in as good of shape after this trip. But it looks like he will be working out during it.

I know people love to invent [BLEEP] to worry about - but why the hell are people worried that this guy is going to stop taking care of himself?? 

The man wears cut-off jorts too short for the average woman to look good in, regularly does a series of calisthenics in his jock strap in the middle of a crowded locker room, and has repeatedly harped on winning and doing whatever it takes to win. 

I have zero concerns that this young man will better himself this offseason and 30 days in an RV isn't going to ruin him.

+1

(01-09-2020, 12:44 AM)mal234 Wrote: I was looking at the newest story that Gardner had posted on his Instagram. He gave a shout out to Louisiana Tech, and thanked them for the first "swole sesh" of his trip. He posted a picture of their gym. It looks like he might be working out during this trip. I know there was some concern that he might not be in as good of shape after this trip. But it looks like he will be working out during it.

I know people love to invent [BLEEP] to worry about - but why the hell are people worried that this guy is going to stop taking care of himself?? 

The man wears cut-off jorts too short for the average woman to look good in, regularly does a series of calisthenics in his jock strap in the middle of a crowded locker room, and has repeatedly harped on winning and doing whatever it takes to win. 

I have zero concerns that this young man will better himself this offseason and 30 days in an RV isn't going to ruin him.

I agree. Austen Lane said yesterday that it’s not uncommon for the strength and conditioning coach to say “take 30 days off, don’t workout at all. Let your body recover”

Throughout his growing celebrity starting back when he took NF7 place
he has remained grounded and humble but focused on helping the team win.
He deserves some time off.
What I'm excited about is seeing his and the Jaguars' second year.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-10-2020, 09:22 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Throughout his growing celebrity starting back when he took NF7 place

Well, grounded if not completely humble but you need a little bit of ego to succeed in the league.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-10-2020, 12:49 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 09:22 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Throughout his growing celebrity starting back when he took NF7 place

Well, grounded if not completely humble but you need a little bit of ego to succeed in the league.

He seems humble about his journey, perfectly cocky about his abilities.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 02:07 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(01-10-2020, 01:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 12:49 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Well, grounded if not completely humble but you need a little bit of ego to succeed in the league.

He seems humble about his journey, perfectly cocky about his abilities.

A good mix. Doesn't have that Jalen "I'm too good for all of you" attitude, but knows what he's capable of. (I'm not comparing their talent levels, just demeanor)

(01-10-2020, 08:03 AM)PS9 Wrote:
(01-09-2020, 08:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I know people love to invent [BLEEP] to worry about - but why the hell are people worried that this guy is going to stop taking care of himself?? 

I agree. Austen Lane said yesterday that it’s not uncommon for the strength and conditioning coach to say “take 30 days off, don’t workout at all. Let your body recover”

I take that approach about once a month.  I can say from experience that it absolutely does not work.

(01-10-2020, 03:29 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 08:03 AM)PS9 Wrote: I agree. Austen Lane said yesterday that it’s not uncommon for the strength and conditioning coach to say “take 30 days off, don’t workout at all. Let your body recover”

I take that approach about once a month.  I can say from experience that it absolutely does not work.

Well for those concerned, it looks like her worked out with the Permian panthers yesterday

(01-10-2020, 02:06 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 01:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He seems humble about his journey, perfectly cocky about his abilities.

A good mix. Doesn't have that Jalen "I'm too good for all of you" attitude, but knows what he's capable of. (I'm not comparing their talent levels, just demeanor)

Yep, agreed it's a good kind of self-confidence. I recall when he was asked a question about him performing "as well" as some of the other rookie QBs and he quickly said "better". He said it sort of as a joke but it's true too and you could tell he believes it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Like someone mentioned earlier ....if you don't believe in yourself....you won't last long in the NFL.
Call it self confidence, swagger or whatever you want.
GMII has it .....along with a pretty dang good football mind to boot.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-10-2020, 03:29 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 08:03 AM)PS9 Wrote: I agree. Austen Lane said yesterday that it’s not uncommon for the strength and conditioning coach to say “take 30 days off, don’t workout at all. Let your body recover”

Nicely done!  I lol’d

Gardner Minshew working out in his jockstrap in an RV. There's a series of exercised videos for middle-aged housewives on the go to be made there.

Dude flew in a Navy jet and let a K-9 come at him. Dude is living life. If you aren't following him on Instagram you're missing out.

(01-14-2020, 11:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Dude flew in a Navy jet and let a K-9 come at him. Dude is living life. If you aren't following him on Instagram you're missing out.

If Dos Equis ever needs a new most interesting man in the world...

(01-14-2020, 11:54 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 11:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Dude flew in a Navy jet and let a K-9 come at him. Dude is living life. If you aren't following him on Instagram you're missing out.

If Dos Equis ever needs a new most interesting man in the world...

That old man needs to retire already so GM15 can be The Man.

(01-14-2020, 11:38 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-09-2020, 08:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I know people love to invent [BLEEP] to worry about - but why the hell are people worried that this guy is going to stop taking care of himself?? 

Gardner Minshew working out in his jockstrap in an RV. There's a series of exercised videos for middle-aged housewives on the go to be made there.

You just added something to Americus's wish list.  Smile