Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texans @ Chiefs (Divisional game)

Andy Reid earning his paycheck and reputation as an offensive guru

He's not a bad guy to root for during these playoffs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You guys think O'Brien survives this one? Nearly lost to the Bills, give up 51 tonight. 

I think Romeo Crenell is a goner.

That 3rd Quarter wore the Texans defense out

What a game though. And weve still got Rodgers vs Russ to come!

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020, 07:22 PM by I am Yoda.)

(01-12-2020, 07:12 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: You guys think O'Brien survives this one? Nearly lost to the Bills, give up 51 tonight. 

I think Romeo Crenell is a goner.

I buy Crenell being retired before I think BOB gets the ax.  How do you fire a coach that leads you to division titles and playoff appearances?

(01-12-2020, 07:17 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: What a game though. And weve still got Rodgers vs Russ to come!

It's a fun football day, for sure!
[Image: giphy.gif]

O'Brien may survive one more season but he seems to fall short every time he's managed to get a team into the play off's. Watson is too talented not to get more supporr offensively.

If McCarthy keeps Kellen Moore on for one more year and they succeed and O'Brien slips in 2020 I would be willing to bank on Moore being there in 2021.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think your both right. He has had years of playoff appearances and that's what owners want but like you point out Caldrac, hes not done much when hes got there.

Hes had Watt, hes had Hopkins, he has Watson. The problem is every AFC playoff journey usually goes through NE. And stops there.

(01-12-2020, 07:11 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Andy Reid earning his paycheck and reputation as an offensive guru

He's not a bad guy to root for during these playoffs

How much credit are you giving the OC Beinemy?
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Are we following the Packers game on here?

Packers looking good and that looks like a fumble and Packers ball.

(01-12-2020, 07:55 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Are we following the Packers game on here?

Packers looking good and that looks like a fumble and Packers ball.

Thread in league forum

(01-12-2020, 04:40 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Wow, an AFC South team is going to the super bowl

Not so fast lol

So glad they lost. One down with one to go.

Wait... I thought it was running and defense?!

What we’ve learned is that you play to your players strengths. You have Mahomes so let him work. You got Henry? Let him work. You got Adams? Let him work.

The “modern” offense is player to your players strengths as a coach instead of forcing your will upon them.

(01-13-2020, 08:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wait... I thought it was running and defense?!

What we’ve learned is that you play to your players strengths. You have Mahomes so let him work. You got Henry? Let him work. You got Adams? Let him work.

The “modern” offense is player to your players strengths as a coach instead of forcing your will upon them.

Who said it was running and defense?  It's more like a group of posters said you CAN'T win in the 'modern NFL' using those tactics.  You have to have some sort if high-flying arial attack.

I've been saying for years to do WHATEVER you do and do it well.  There's zero modern about that.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I feel like I'm going to combust into flames as I make this prediction--but I believe the Titans are going to beat the Chiefs. Why not? The Ravens won something like 12 games in a row and the Titans dismantled them. What makes KC any better? Mahomes is great, but better than Jackson this year? My point is, the Titans have already faced this kind of offense before, in hostile territory.

Over the last four games or so, the Titans are playing the best football in the NFL. They have the current best player in the league in Henry. While I think Mahomes and Jackson will have more prolific careers, Henry is the best player right now. If Tennesee keeps the game close, they use Henry and they win. If the Chiefs can play like they did in the second half - and keep the pedal on the gas--they've got a chance.

(01-13-2020, 10:48 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I feel like I'm going to combust into flames as I make this prediction--but I believe the Titans are going to beat the Chiefs. Why not? The Ravens won something like 12 games in a row and the Titans dismantled them. What makes KC any better? Mahomes is great, but better than Jackson this year?  My point is, the Titans have already faced this kind of offense before, in hostile territory.

Over the last four games or so, the Titans are playing the best football in the NFL. They have the current best player in the league in Henry.  While I think Mahomes and Jackson will have more prolific careers, Henry is the best player right now.  If Tennesee keeps the game close, they use Henry  and they win. If the Chiefs can play like they did in the second half - and keep the pedal on the gas--they've got a chance.

Just comes down to the chefs stopping the run. If they can do a better job of that than baltimore, they have an edge.
It's a tall order though.  

Reid/Bienemy/Mahomes can take advantage of mismatches vs tennessee's back seven more effectively than the ravens did IMO.

(01-13-2020, 10:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 10:48 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I feel like I'm going to combust into flames as I make this prediction--but I believe the Titans are going to beat the Chiefs. Why not? The Ravens won something like 12 games in a row and the Titans dismantled them. What makes KC any better? Mahomes is great, but better than Jackson this year?  My point is, the Titans have already faced this kind of offense before, in hostile territory.

Over the last four games or so, the Titans are playing the best football in the NFL. They have the current best player in the league in Henry.  While I think Mahomes and Jackson will have more prolific careers, Henry is the best player right now.  If Tennesee keeps the game close, they use Henry  and they win. If the Chiefs can play like they did in the second half - and keep the pedal on the gas--they've got a chance.

Just comes down to the chefs stopping the run. If they can do a better job of that than baltimore, they have an edge.

Reid/Bienemy/Mahomes can take advantage of mismatches vs tennessee's back seven more effectively than the ravens did IMO.

My thoughts, too. I expect the chiefs to score 30+. The question is do they also stop the titans enough to win.

(01-13-2020, 11:06 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 10:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Just comes down to the chefs stopping the run. If they can do a better job of that than baltimore, they have an edge.

My thoughts, too. I expect the chiefs to score 30+. The question is do they also stop the titans enough to win.

Did you see how that Chiefs offense exploded during the 2nd qtr?  I don't think the Tacks offense is built to match that kind of output.  Tannehill will have to show me something he hasn't yet.  But they will score some.  Ain't no one wanting to tackle Henry.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-14-2020, 07:06 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 11:06 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: My thoughts, too. I expect the chiefs to score 30+. The question is do they also stop the titans enough to win.

Did you see how that Chiefs offense exploded during the 2nd qtr?  I don't think the Tacks offense is built to match that kind of output.  Tannehill will have to show me something he hasn't yet.  But they will score some.  Ain't no one wanting to tackle Henry.

While it was in Nashville, the titans did already beat the chiefs this season. I expect the chiefs will score plenty, but most teams aren't seemingly built to stop the kind of power running attack the titans have been using. We'll see how it goes.